• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Seeking Advice: Becoming a Healthier Foodie

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia

Like many foodies, I view food as a source of excitement and adventure, and there’s nothing necessarily wrong with that when it’s placed in proper perspective. But, sometimes, I expect far too much from food emotionally. Consequently, I eat out excessively and empty my wallet at gourmet grocers, searching relentlessly for the next big thrill. The habit, for me, for me, is unhealthy and has become ridiculously expensive.

I’d like to find food enjoyment in cheaper, healthier ways – especially by cooking cool, interesting meals at home, taking delicious-but-easy lunches to work, and eating primarily when hungry. Unfortunately, my husband and I are having trouble getting from Point A (restaurant and junk food obsession) to Point B (inexpensive, healthy whole foods). To add to the complication, he could happily spend the rest of his life eating nothing but steaks, burgers, and chicken nuggets; and I won’t eat any meat other than occasional seafood.

So, share your ideas. What are you doing to make your great enjoyment of food more positive and sustainable? (I've thought about growing a kitchen herb garden, taking cooking classes at the farmer's market, etc.)

Latest posts

Back