"She's Fit, Boyfriend's Fat" -- Any problems with that?

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by viracocha, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Jan 18, 2009 #1

viracocha

viracocha

viracocha

Hot like sauce

On the way to my email, I came across this column. I'm already anticipating the wonderful comments this piece is sure to attract; I found some half-truths surprisingly. Please have at it Dimmers and thanks!

Here's the source link: http://lifestyle.msn.com/relationships/articlemore.aspx?cp-documentid=16193878&GT1=32023

All of these points have been said and done, but the conflicting spins on "infantilizing" men hit a nerve. There's a topic: DISCUSS!

2. Jan 18, 2009 #2

WillSpark

WillSpark

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts

Well, the way I see it, is that many guys fall into one of these two categories, while the rest settle in the middle:

Mamma's boys: Guys who built up an idealism of women based on their mom. The infantilized ones mentioned in the article are an example. Relationships where the woman is the primary caregiver usually occur if the man is of this nature. They do the home-front while the guy works and comes home to dinner or whatever. This is the "traditional" relationship.

Independants: Ones who are determined to find a woman the exact opposite of the woman they grew up with most of their life. May look for a very independant, outgoing girl to almost defy his stastion of life. In this relationship, she might be the bringer of the bacon, so to speak, while he takes care of the home. A preverbial role-switch of tradition. These guys don't objectify women as much, but also can take on a more "bitchy" role in the relationship, and drive away women who have that caregiver trait.