Shoshie's Journey

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BBW Betty

Made My Saving Throw
Mine is kind of a blue-green, but has a lot of wear on the upholstery so I keep a sheet over it. It's a "medi-lift" chair and rated for up to 500 pounds. I often sleep in it all night; I have a hard time with pressure points from mattresses.

Just hope you enjoy yours as much. It's really great to find something that is built well and is comfortable.

Shosh

Susannah
The scooter looks great Susannah. It looks like a comfy ride :) That chair also looks like it'll be helpful for you. I adore my recliner. (it's a normal rocker type but it's a wonderful piece of furniture)
The scooter is already making my life easier. It will look even better once I decorate it.
I will also be decorating the leg brace that I am now having to wear.

Do you sleep in your recliner sometimes, say when you watch tv and you nod off?:D

Thanks Megan.:)

Shosh

Susannah
I had an interesting conversation with my mother on Facebook last night. That is how we communicate, through Facebook. Strange but true.

I think my mother is sorry for ignoring me for most of my life now, and she is trying to make up for it. I will give her that much at least.

She told me that she has plans in place to make sure that I will be ok after she is gone.
I did not really know how to respond to that.

I am going to see my psychologist today, so I guess we will be discussing my Facebook mother.

Anybody else got a Facebook Mum?:huh:

My life is so complicated.

Shosh

Susannah
I wish mine looked like that. :p It's sparkly blue.
Mate my brother's name is Matt ( Great name!).

Mate I will get my brother to hook you up with a mad Matty design for your ride!:D:kiss2:

hi Shoshie

I have been looking into MS since reading this post and it seems stress and deep seated negative emotions trigger MS. The funny thing is Stress and negativity cause so many illnesses (mind, body, or both). Durning my journey of self-awareness i came across Reiki and found a local Reiki practioner to check out my body. Well she found that my dark energy was pooling around my kidney area on my right side. Now shoot ahead two years right after the birth of my son, and my kidney on the right side blows out. Two years later and i am still trying to do something with it. Now everytime i get upset my right side hurts so bad i have to take pain pills.

Basically what i have read about you from your posts ..you are pratically a empath. Therefore you suck up other peoples thoughts and feelings. I have learned a while back how to block people out...something i forgot how to do in my last relationship and it literally almost killed me. Now with my son i am meditating again and focusing on the good things in life. That was the only way i walked out of the hospital was on will alone because they still don't know whats is physically really wrong with me. I had so many scans my hair fell out. I just recently went back in and all the tests said nothing was wrong. However i knew it was negativity pooling in my body again but was in denial until i was in the hospital again.

Your life is so inspiring because i forgot so many things because of stress. Simple things. So don't feel bad that you have to slow down and smell the roses, because their are alot us out there who need to do the same. See the beauty in yourself and allow others to see it to.

****BIG HUGSS*****:)

cute_obese_girl

Herbivore
Shosh, I haven't stopped by in a while so I wanted to say hi :D

Yay! for your new scooter. The first thing I saw when I looked at it was a little face on the front. Then I saw your brother's decorations and he drew a face on it too. Glad I'm not the only one :p I hope there are many fun and exciting outings in your future with your new ride.

Shosh

Susannah
hi Shoshie

I have been looking into MS since reading this post and it seems stress and deep seated negative emotions trigger MS. The funny thing is Stress and negativity cause so many illnesses (mind, body, or both). Durning my journey of self-awareness i came across Reiki and found a local Reiki practioner to check out my body. Well she found that my dark energy was pooling around my kidney area on my right side. Now shoot ahead two years right after the birth of my son, and my kidney on the right side blows out. Two years later and i am still trying to do something with it. Now everytime i get upset my right side hurts so bad i have to take pain pills.

Basically what i have read about you from your posts ..you are pratically a empath. Therefore you suck up other peoples thoughts and feelings. I have learned a while back how to block people out...something i forgot how to do in my last relationship and it literally almost killed me. Now with my son i am meditating again and focusing on the good things in life. That was the only way i walked out of the hospital was on will alone because they still don't know whats is physically really wrong with me. I had so many scans my hair fell out. I just recently went back in and all the tests said nothing was wrong. However i knew it was negativity pooling in my body again but was in denial until i was in the hospital again.

Your life is so inspiring because i forgot so many things because of stress. Simple things. So don't feel bad that you have to slow down and smell the roses, because their are alot us out there who need to do the same. See the beauty in yourself and allow others to see it to.

****BIG HUGSS*****:)
Well thanks Chicken. There is a definate correlation between physical health and stress levels. It is definately important to try to be as positive as you can while you are living with a chronic disease.
The physical symptoms of MS are caused by the damage to the nervous system from the disease, but one can handle it better if they are not depressed and anxious, hence I have been taking anti depressants since early December. I resisted taking them for almost a year, but now I realize that they can help.

I am not overly familiar with ailments of the kidney. Could it be caused by diabetes or diet in general?
I definately see the wisdom in what you are saying in that we all need to be as positive as we can.

Thanks for your insight.:)

Shosh, I haven't stopped by in a while so I wanted to say hi :D

Yay! for your new scooter. The first thing I saw when I looked at it was a little face on the front. Then I saw your brother's decorations and he drew a face on it too. Glad I'm not the only one :p I hope there are many fun and exciting outings in your future with your new ride.

Thanks S. Nice to hear from you? What is new with you these days?

My brother's design ideas for my scooter made me laugh and laugh.:D He is a very funny person and a wonderful guy.:)

Shosh

Susannah
This weekend I am having a weekend of special dinners and celebrations as members of a city progressive Jewish synagogue are coming to join our rural progressive synagogue for the weekend.
My sister is the President of Kehilat Zadot Zahav, which is a country based Jewish congragation.
I think I shall gain 20 pounds by the time the weekend is out, with all the yummy delicious food.:D

We are all staying in a hotel tomorrow night so then there is room service!:p

Life is good.:)

swordchick

Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!
I hope that you have a great weekend. I am a bit jealous that you will be eating some good food. Take some pics if you can.

This weekend I am having a weekend of special dinners and celebrations as members of a city progressive Jewish synagogue are coming to join our rural progressive synagogue for the weekend.
My sister is the President of Kehilat Zadot Zahav, which is a country based Jewish congragation.
I think I shall gain 20 pounds by the time the weekend is out, with all the yummy delicious food.:D

Ruffie

I don't have direct experience with it, but a girlfriend has been going through much the same over the past few years. She was adopted and found her birth mom shortly before her adopted mom passed away. She has had a strained relationship with her Bio mom cause they are different in values and personality, but man do they look alike! SHe has had her mom say the same to her about the taking care of her when she is gone(mom never had any other kids). All she wants is to have a relationship with her and to be able to connect. But the difficulty is that she is not her adoptive mom who loved, supported and beleived in her no matter what. So we have been talking about the fact that the relationship is what it is and to try and make the best of it as it is right now. I wish u luck in your forging a relationship with her!
Ruth

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank

Moore's comments in blue.
Gee that does sound delicious. Actually, anything I do not have to cook sounds good to me. Have a bagel and some lox for me (one of my favorites).

Well thanks Chicken. There is a definate correlation between physical health and stress levels. It is definately important to try to be as positive as you can while you are living with a chronic disease.
The physical symptoms of MS are caused by the damage to the nervous system from the disease, but one can handle it better if they are not depressed and anxious, hence I have been taking anti depressants since early December. I resisted taking them for almost a year, but now I realize that they can help.

Plus, it helps to bite the heads off kittens and puppies every now and then.

I am not overly familiar with ailments of the kidney. Could it be caused by diabetes or diet in general?

Ms. Know-It-All has posted a partial list of things that harm kidneys at the end of this thread.

I definately see the wisdom in what you are saying in that we all need to be as positive as we can.

Thanks for your insight.:)

Thanks S. Nice to hear from you? What is new with you these days?

My brother's design ideas for my scooter made me laugh and laugh.:D He is a very funny person and a wonderful guy.:)

Some causes of kidney problems/kidney disease:

• Diabetes (most common cause of kidney disease)
• High blood pressure
• Congenital defects/Genetics (such as Polycystic kidney disease, the most common one)
• Kidney stones (one of the most painful diseases)
• Damage from drugs, toxins, other agents (alcohol –especially bootleg, pesticides, antibiotics, crack, heroin) Note: Over-the-counter pain relievers, as aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc., if taken in excess such can also cause kidney damage
• Chronic kidney/bladder infections
• Not drinking enough water
• Improper catheter insertion (can cause infections)
• Trauma to kidney (fighting, car wrecks, etc.).

Shosh

Susannah
I don't have direct experience with it, but a girlfriend has been going through much the same over the past few years. She was adopted and found her birth mom shortly before her adopted mom passed away. She has had a strained relationship with her Bio mom cause they are different in values and personality, but man do they look alike! SHe has had her mom say the same to her about the taking care of her when she is gone(mom never had any other kids). All she wants is to have a relationship with her and to be able to connect. But the difficulty is that she is not her adoptive mom who loved, supported and beleived in her no matter what. So we have been talking about the fact that the relationship is what it is and to try and make the best of it as it is right now. I wish u luck in your forging a relationship with her!
Ruth
Thanks Ruth. I can understand your friend feeling closer to her adopted mother. A mother is not only who gave birth to you. A mother is there through the good times and bad, ready to guide you and hold your hand.
I now have to try to have some kind of relationship with my mother as does your friend, and it seems the hardest thing in the world for me to do.
I am also scared that my mother will up and disappear again, after I have put all the effort into trying to re establish the relationship.
I can tell you that if she does that, that will be it, I will not be contacting her again.

Thanks Ruth. More baby pics please. You can post them here on my thread. Baby pics always make people smile.:)

Moore's comments in blue.
Gee that does sound delicious. Actually, anything I do not have to cook sounds good to me. Have a bagel and some lox for me (one of my favorites).

Some causes of kidney problems/kidney disease:

• Diabetes (most common cause of kidney disease)
• High blood pressure
• Congenital defects/Genetics (such as Polycystic kidney disease, the most common one)
• Kidney stones (one of the most painful diseases)
• Damage from drugs, toxins, other agents (alcohol –especially bootleg, pesticides, antibiotics, crack, heroin) Note: Over-the-counter pain relievers, as aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc., if taken in excess such can also cause kidney damage
• Chronic kidney/bladder infections
• Not drinking enough water
• Improper catheter insertion (can cause infections)
• Trauma to kidney (fighting, car wrecks, etc.).
Moore I love you, you lil walking wikipedia of information.:D

Moore also for your information I belong to a program called Riding for the disabled.
They take people out on horses, that have a multitude of disabilities. I do not have to have my own horse, I just turn up and I get to go riding.

Here is the link

http://www.rda.org.au/

Shosh

Susannah
I am going to the lost dogs home today to have a talk to them about my possibly adopting a dog.
I need a smaller size dog, and a breed that is not prone to sickness.

I am not sure I will be able to manage it all, but I can at least have a conversation with the people there, and get their advice about it.

If it is meant to be, it will be I guess. Maybe my family will help me if I need to take the dog to the vet etc.

I am thinking that a doggie will be good therapy for me. Does anybody who knows dogs, have any advice on what would be a suitable breed for me?

I need a small dog as I am physically weak, and I need a dog that does not require a lot of exercise. I would also like a dog that is not too yappy, noisy etc.
I also cannot do a lot of grooming of a dog.

I would appriciate any advice from those here that know about dogs.

Thanks!

My two favorite breeds. Beagles and Jack Russells.

View attachment beagle.jpg

View attachment Jack-Russell-Terrier-1.jpg

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Soshieboo,

Are you still in the running for the government housing? Will they let you have a dog?

Jack Russell terriers are extremely high energy dogs. They require a lot of exercise and probably would not be good for someone with MS. Beagles too have energy (they are bred to hunt), but a beagle mix may be doable for you.

I would also consider more sedate dogs like the pug, or puggle (Pug and poddle), miniature poodle, boston terrier, or a mixed breed having traits of some of the above.

You should also look into maybe one day getting a service dog. These dogs help people like us pick up dropped objects, turn off/on lights, walk with us to town or school, carry equipment, and help crossing streets, etc. They also assist if your vision should go bonkers. (Remember, my bad only lasted for about 2 months, then it healed itself.)

Shosh

Susannah
I will be allowed a small dog in government housing.

Someone suggested a Yorkshire terrior.

I forgot to say that I am not a fan of Poodles. They are too frou frou for me.
I like a masculine looking dog.

Thanks for your advice. I think a helping dog would be a good idea actually.

Group builder