Single and/or childless in your 30s

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MissHoney

I have two kids and am currently single. My family doesn't really give me any crap about not being married, perhaps because I've already been married and have given them grandchildren? Who knows...
Same as this ^. Two children and single, at 29 years old.

SoCalFatGothChick

Our Lady of Trans-Fatima
I am 33 and have been in a long term relationship for 6 years. I would like to get married and have children one day, but I don't bring up the subject to him. We hear it enough from my parents, other family members, and friends, and I dont' want to be one of those nagging girlfriends. Frankly, after all the crap I've been through in the past with men I am just grateful to have what I have now! :p

BBW4Chattery

I will be 33 in a few weeks, have no children, never married. I am technically in a relationship but it's weird. I think the guy just wants me to have his child and isn't concerned about his relationship with me. I don't know, it's very strange... still processing it all.

I may write more later but don't know if Christmas morning is the best time to rehash my life confusions. :) I'm thankful to read about others who may share the same concerns and experiences.

Blackhawk2293

Still tired of life
I will be 33 in a few weeks, have no children, never married. I am technically in a relationship but it's weird. I think the guy just wants me to have his child and isn't concerned about his relationship with me. I don't know, it's very strange... still processing it all.

I may write more later but don't know if Christmas morning is the best time to rehash my life confusions. :) I'm thankful to read about others who may share the same concerns and experiences.

I've heard of that type of situation before, where the guy is only interested in the woman bearing his child and actually couldn't give a fuck what the woman does. It might sounds weird but definitely not unheard of. I hope things get better for you! :)

JenFromOC

Awesome.

I had my daughter when I was 31 (34 now), and even though I was married at the time, I'm almost positive the reason my ex married me was so we could have a baby. I don't care because I have the most beautiful child in the world, but it also shows how little he knew about me as a person. I don't believe you have to be married to have children.

JulieD

When I was in high school, I remember thinking that all I wanted in life was to be married, have enough children to start my own ethnic group, a house with a white fence and big yard for all the kids and our dog to play in.

Now that I'm 33 and a single mother, I am so glad things didn't work out the way I wanted. I would however like to be in a caring, loving relationship. I don't have to get married, but if I was asked and it feels right, I wouldn't say no, probably. I have a child, I don't need anymore. But if I were to conceive again, I would love it as much as my first.

I think now that I am older, and wiser, now that I have lived life and experience horrible tragedies and have amazing wonderful blessing... I am happy with what I have going for me. Yes, I do want a relationship and am actively looking, but if it doesn't happen... Welp, it doesn't happen.

psychdocva

Never married...no kids...

Regrets?

Nah...life is good.

(and yeah, that's me in the picture at about 2 or 3 years old...lol)

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
DM Supporter
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
I never hear comments about me not being married. I think I beat up on MYSELF enough. I could've been married twice… Should have been. I was really excited about my last relationship, but when I broke my neck everything kind of fell apart.

I do have a seven-year-old son from a brief relationship. Thank God I never considered marriage to that woman. Anyway, that takes care of the grandchildren issue with my parents :)

kennyg-uk

I'm 34 this year, no marriage or kids on the horizon. I think as I've got a bit older and even more set in my ways I feel it less and less likely that my situation will change as the sort of relationship BS I would put up with 10 years ago I wouldn't entertain now.

I've become a lot more comfortable on my own and even been backpacking a few times in the last couple of years and found no issue with travelling around on my own, if anything it was more fun.

I have 3 older sisters and a lot of nieces and nephews but my parents never put any pressure on me to give them more grandchildren.

lost_lenore

I'm 36 and have 2 teenagers, the oldest started college and the youngest started high school this year... so, if you do the math, you'll see that i started pretty young..

i almost feel like i have the best of both worlds... i spent my older teenage/younger twenties raising kids... and don't regret a minute of it...

and now, i get to go to college... branch out into my community in ways i simply couldn't have done with small children... i get to be a part of their burgeoning independence... and be satisfied in the knowledge that i've raised them to be amazing individuals... but i get the freedom that older kids/teenagers give you.

plus, when i hang out with my son, people assume we're either siblings or dating... which ain't bad on the old ego... i must say. :blush:

LL

NancyGirl74

I am 37 and single/no kids. Some days I'm ok with this. Some days not so much. I never intended to be single at 37. In fact, I always thought I'd marry and have kids fairly young. When I was 20 something and stupid I wanted a Pitt-Jolie type brood. Now I think one or two would be nice. Sometimes I'm ok with none which surprises me.

As for having a significant other...I'm on the fence. I am very introverted so it takes me a while to get to know people, especially men. I'm just plain shy around men. I'm shy until I'm not, there is no rhyme or reasoning for it. I'm also a major homebody. These things do not make for easy romancing. But I would like to have someone in my life...I think.

I'm such an on-the-fence and lackadaisical person about this. For example, I got it into my head to try a dating site. I signed up with PlentyOfFish because I have heard good things. Halfway through the processes of filling out the information needed to start making matches I just quit. I just couldn't be bothered. I'm lazy when it comes to the effort needed for finding a mate. I'm not unrealistic. I don't expect the fairy tale of a prince showing up and rescuing me. I just would love it if some guy showed up, looked at me (messy bun, no make up, work clothes, and all) and said, "Ok, she's the one." and be done with it. Of course, he'd have to be the one for me too but you get my meaning. Little effort, total agreement...That shouldn't be so hard to find, right? ;)

PandaGeek

I only just hit 30 a few months ago, I'm single with no kids. The entire time growing up I really wanted to find someone who would just love me for me and that I could get married to and have kids. In fact the idea of being the stay at home dad, raising the kids, cooking dinners and what not was awesome to me. I was engaged not too long ago with a woman who had told me she wanted similar things, but things... fell apart. Now I have to wonder if its for me. There is still a large part of me that wants to be married and wants to be a dad, but its hard to make that sort of connection with someone. I'm at least hoping my sister has kids before too long so I can be an uncle at least!

MasonBlue

I am 34. I could never find a time between college and work and illness to start a relationship. Now that everything is going right for me I find that all the good girls are taken. But at least I never made any mistakes like bought into mortages and invested my self in industries that are collapsing

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
DM Supporter
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
I am 34. I could never find a time between college and work and illness to start a relationship. Now that everything is going right for me I find that all the good girls are taken. But at least I never made any mistakes like bought into mortages and invested my self in industries that are collapsing
I managed to sell my house just before the collapse. That was a close one.

A lot of the good girls have gone through their first divorces. They have been there and done that for the most part. Now they're figuring out exactly what they wanted in the first place.

Time to call up an old girlfriend? Just a thought :)

Polarbear

I am 30 almost 31 year old single with no kids. I admit throughout my life I have always wanted to find a girlfriend and have that experience but social anxiety got in my way at times so never have dated. I have taken a more Taoist view on it and just going with the flow of living my life to see what all comes up from it.

NoWayOut

I've still got another six years before I get there, but it's interesting to see what I have to look forward to. I really hope my mom doesn't pressure me, that wouldn't be a fun conversation to have, especially since the woman I'm dating doesn't want a child either. However, I'm the oldest of five, so I think I'll probably be okay there.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
There are several single women on this thread alone who prove that all the good women are not taken (and yes, I'I'm including myself in that. Ha ha.) Just saying.

Reactions: Keb

NoWayOut

All the good women are most certainly not already taken. Were I still looking, finding one would be easy.

Latest posts