Quantcast

Single and/or childless in your 30s

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigCutieLeah

I can totally relate. Like most of you I'm in my mid-thirties (34) and have never been married or had children. I thought perhaps it would happen when my bf moved in about 8 months ago, but it only made us realize how different we are and though we are planning to stay together, he is moving out in two weeks.

I am three years older than my sister and she was married at 22 and waited to have children so there was a lot of pressure on my of when will it be my turn. She's now had three children in four years and it has somewhat relieved the pressure. However, we have a huge family and are stuck in this weird 10 year age gap of our cousins. So now the oldest cousins' kids and the younger cousins are in their mid to late 20's and are getting married and talking about babies themselves. This of course just makes the older cousins, aunts, and uncles again give me the "poor fat single girl" looks and ask when I'll get married. I'm happy! I love me, I love my life, and I love my niece and nephews and though some days I wish I had my own kids, I also love spontaneous vacations and late nights and sleeping in, so I think I'm better off if not single then at least childless and if my fam or friends have a problem, eff them! It's my life and happiness, not theirs.

Latest posts