Singletons and Singletinis

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
this valentines day is going to suck :(

i'll probably just finish up watching the sopranos series. i'm on season 6 now then i'm moving onto another series. but i have no clue what yet.
DUDE!! watch The boondocks!

Or If you're on Netflix, watch Spartacus, the TV show that was on Starz. It's pretty crazy,.

BeerMe

Last year I went to a great anti V-Day party, but the person who threw it is in a relationship now. I'll probably just make myself dinner and watch some crappy movie.

And there will be whiskey. Lots of it.

i'll probably just finish up watching the sopranos series. i'm on season 6 now then i'm moving onto another series. but i have no clue what yet.
If you haven't seen it, Breaking Bad has a similar feel to The Sopranos, and surpasses it in some ways.

MasterShake

My Fist, Your Face!
Cheer up peoples! Here's to everyone having the girl or guy of their dreams by this time next year!! :)

I know, easier said than done. But maybe if we collectively think positive thoughts some good karma will come our way.

(I too am single once more for today, no real single friends so I will probably play NBA Jam and call it an early night).

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
Change of plans. Looks like I am cooking dinner for 4, followed by boardgames.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
Change of plans. Looks like I am cooking dinner for 4, followed by boardgames.
omg that sounds like soooo much fun

I made char su pork ribs and basmatti rice

I have a heart shaped giant chocolate brownie in the fridge (betty crocker I love you) and have just had a day of resting, relaxing and doing what makes me smile

and am somewhat miffed at australia post as it appears only one of my valentines made it for the actual day grrrrr

hugs all

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum
I am currently engaged in fierce cleaning, wearing nothing but house shoes and a fake Chanel scarf. After I finish cleaning, I'm going to indulge in something pink, ultracaloric, or alcoholic. Or perhaps all three.

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
Evening went well. Just missed out on winning trivial pursuit.

Chicken Soup starter with home made bread.
Pasta main with a tomato/meat sauce.

Went down REALLY well.

:D

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
See, this shit is why I hate valentine's day. People sit at home feeling horrible because they're not on the recieving end of some kind of socitally dictated form of love offering.
Valentines day is just one big badge of "Look what a nice relationship we have! I made him buy me flowers!"

I hate the whole assumption that if you don't have anyone to give you a valentine's present, you're missing out on something wonderful. No you're not! If you want flowers, buy them!
I also hate the assumption that it really means something special if you get a present on valentine's day. No it doesn't! It means that either a sense of obligation or guilt has prompted them to get you something, because the day is "special"

I do believe that people genuinely give presents out of wanting to do it, but I hate the expectation and dissapointment and bullshit that are wrapped up in the day. ugh

I've been in a relationship for about a year and a half now, and I'm crazy about this guy. I know how much he loves me, and I don't need a token gift on some arbitrary day that means nothing to either one of us personally for him to show that.

I was actually the one who told him not to get me anything both years. Which means he now teases me if we go near a flower stand on the day. I've found that a romantic threat of a return gift of romantic rose petals put in all orifices that I can romantically get to usually quells that :D

So, Singletons, Singletinis, Coupleimons and Veterans of Valentine's,
think about whether it's actually worth all the hype, or if it was just another lovely monday this year.

Brooklyn Red Leg

Anarcho-Capitalism FTW!
Evening went well. Just missed out on winning trivial pursuit.
Bah. This is the kind of board game ya wanna play with friends:

:D

As for me, I spent Valentine's Day horkin down NyQuil to fight off a cold a friend's rugrats gave to me.

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
I played Betrayal at the last two All-Day Boardgaming events we had. As much as I like the game, with scores of new boardgames on offer, I'm probably going to have to concentrate on finding new ones.

Latest posts