Quantcast

Size 16 girl first plus size entrant ever to be selected for Miss England..!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!
Chloe Marshall... where have i heard that name before...???

Wait a second!, a Used to go to school with her, she was about 7 years below me, still quite pretty then, now is completely stunning.

ROCK ON CHLOE! RISH SUPPORTS YOU!!!!

LalaCity

Yes, it's wonderful! They've allowed in a token "fat" chick who will never, under any circumstances, actually be allowed to ascend the Miss England throne, mind you..

eta: ok, maybe I'm being a bit of a naysayer, but I'm just tired of the empty tokenism -- like with America's Next Top Model...they always put a plus-size model into the competition, yet it's virtually assured that one will never win...

..ah well, I guess it's still a positive thing if it gets people to reconsider their prejudices regarding beauty pageants, etc...

vaikman

I didn´t know you were alowed to compete if you were under 18:confused:
But hey, what do I know lol
well, she is cute even if she´s young, that´s a fact lol
Would be awsome if she won or atleast went far in the contest:)

Kiki

Eyeliner! STAT!
She is very pretty and it would be awesome if she was chosen as Miss England. But my cynical side says that's unlikely. :(

FreneticFang

My cousin is a contestant for one of the states this year and they've made her lose so much weight. It's insane. The girl eats nothing. Liquid diets are so lame and I'm not talking milkshakes here.

Ian

I was so shocked to see that she is 16 though! Am I just a really bad judge of age? Maybe it is because she is made up, but the woman looks 25!
All in all, gorgeous girl...refreshing post.
I thought the exact same thing until I read that she was 16. Then felt bad for thinking that a "Kid" was sexy.
I swear I am NOT one of those.
But I'm like a previous poster where I feel that "Beauty Pagents" do not send a good message to young girls but if they MUST go on than I am very happy to see that the stereotype has been broken and that a size 16 is in the running to win. :)

wistful

A quote taken from Chloe in an interview I just read on-line:

"Not that Chloe uses the F word. In our interview the word "fat" never passes her lips.

"It's because I'm not," she explains. "I'm curvy, big, plus-size, if you must, but I don't like that either because I'm actually an average size.

"Fat means someone who is obese, who doesn't take care of themselves, who never does any exercise and lies around all day, being a slob. I take care of myself."

Now I actually happen to agree with her that she isn't fat but rather just fleshy and normal sized and drop dead gorgeous!! However I found the above quote from her rather disheartening.I will cut her some slack though because afterall she's only 17 and God only knows the crap I might have spewed if you had interviewed me at the tender age of 17.Teenagers are kinda apt to say silly,outrageous things.What saddens me even more though is the idea that young women should still be competing in those archaic,dusty old relics of sexism known as beauty pagents but that's another thread for another time!

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter

"Not that Chloe uses the F word. In our interview the word "fat" never passes her lips.

"It's because I'm not," she explains. "I'm curvy, big, plus-size, if you must, but I don't like that either because I'm actually an average size.

"Fat means someone who is obese, who doesn't take care of themselves, who never does any exercise and lies around all day, being a slob. I take care of myself."

Now I actually happen to agree with her that she isn't fat but rather just fleshy and normal sized and drop dead gorgeous!! However I found the above quote from her rather disheartening.I will cut her some slack though because afterall she's only 17 and God only knows the crap I might have spewed if you had interviewed me at the tender age of 17.Teenagers are kinda apt to say silly,outrageous things.What saddens me even more though is the idea that young women should still be competing in those archaic,dusty old relics of sexism known as beauty pagents but that's another thread for another time!
Yeesh.. Big turn off... :rolleyes:

j'adoure-bbw

I saw this in the news paper, I'm really happy for her!!! I was a bit pissed off when I read in The Sun some lady, who must have been jealous or something, wrote in to slag her off for being over weight, unhealthy and not a good image to portray to young girls!! I'm thinking it must have been the girl who came second!

Jay West Coast

Witness to the Thickness

Lametown. .

Latest posts