Quantcast

Size 16 girl first plus size entrant ever to be selected for Miss England..!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

kioewen

Nice idea, but the photo is unevenly lit (look at the differences in skin tone), and poorly reproduced. If you see it at the Telegraph site, where it's brighter, it looks much better. More than a few of those commentators are responding to a crappy photo more than to the model's actual figure.

I have a hard time believing that's the best picture they could have produced. I've seen Polaroids that look better.

Wagimawr

Is the weight over which one is seen as unhealthy REALLY set that low among the people of the world, or is this just a UK thing?

edit: posted this there, shame it'll get lost among the "eww, fat" commentaries.
Thin does not automatically equal health. It's one thing to say you personally find her look unappealing - that's all about personal tastes. What's NOT okay is making assumptions about health based on weight. Ever.

The medical community is slowly learning that there's more to health than weight, and it's up to the public to be right there alongside, instead of promoting anti-fat rhetoric and bigotry.

I will say, however, that she's not wearing the most flattering bikini - a failure of clothing designers, who continue to fail to serve an ever-growing (NPI) market by pushing overly thin models on the average woman.

As she says, she exercises regularly and doesn't force herself to be a certain size -- and that's okay! Not everybody can be stick-thin, which is another reason why supporting some magic weight under which you're automatically healthy is junk science at best.

Those who are overweight deserve tolerance and respect, just like anybody else; not shame and hatred.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
I thought The Sun put it well:
So it is more than a little refreshing to see a young model with a healthily proportioned attitude. After all, the average British woman is a size 16 so models who reflect real women are desperately needed.

And, with more confident, curvy and beautiful girls like Chloe, that target [The Sun’s Say No To Size Zero campaign] becomes tangible.

Mr Happy

Chicks dig scars
I thought the exact same thing until I read that she was 16. Then felt bad for thinking that a "Kid" was sexy.
I swear I am NOT one of those.

IN the UK 16 is legal, but anyway dude saying you think a 16 year old is pretty or sexy isn't the same thing as saying your a pervert. I think its sad that the world is so PC that people can't make statements of fact without fear of being labled a perv. anyway she's in a beauty pagent so your supposed to look at her and think she's pretty thats the whole point... : )

Rock on Chloe

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated

Latest posts