Size positive music

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

beginner FA

Off course we've all heard the occasional hit like "I like big butts", but they are few and far between and hardly discuss actual bbws let alone ssbbws, for example in "I like big butts" the lyric "you're waist is small" also creeps in, but at least it is a step in the right direction for size acceptance right?

I also came across a rapper known as doctor scott, online. He has several songs that definately discuss bbws AND ssbbws in graphic detail using the right terminology which impressed me:p. And from what I can see they are very valid rap songs (not that I am an expert on rap lol). The occasional vulgarity of his lyrics seem to just add impact to the messege of the songs rather than make them sound distasteful. Does anyone here, perhaps who knows anything about rap, like his songs?

But I have to admit, not being into rap myself, that I would listen to his music mainly for the novelty of it being size positive. I do admire artists like doctor scott as a lot of big women could probably find a confidence boost from listening to that kind of music, it my even inspire someone who is self-concious to accept themselves for the weight they are. Therefore I think artists such as doctor scott could play a significant role in the future of size acceptance, especially if they could break into the mainstream music market. Does anyone agree, disaggree or know of any other size positive artists?

Maxx Awesome

Sings like a Monster Baby
Well, there's the noted classic "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen & it's crappy modern-day equivalent "Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)" by Mika. Those are the first 2 to spring to mind. I guess "Big Bottom" by Spinal Tap may also count.

And "Whole Lotta Rosie" by AC/DC (which is probably the best of the bunch for sheer rockin'-ness).

Suze

Too Vanilla For You
"you're the one for me fatty" is very underestimated. i even have a tee:p

and now i need to go to bed, jikes.

CodiBrock

Ahhh yes. "Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)".. A lot of my non fa/bbw/etc friends have at one point or another asked me what I (as a big girl) felt about the song.

It's very catchy and easy to listen to, but very over hyped. I do like all the songs on the album of it though. His voice is kind of reminiscent of Freddie Mercury's, IMO anyway.

There aren't any songs that I know of that haven't been said, other than that one old animation. The spoof of Backstreet Boys. I can't remember the title, sadly. I Want A Fat Babe, or some such oddity.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
The topics of size or fat positive music, Mika, etc. have been discussed rather in depth several times over the last few years. You might want to search threads to catch up on some of what was said before. Not saying this isn't an ongoing sort of discussion, but many people have sounded off previously and may not want to retype their responses.

EtobicokeFA

Proud FA
DM Supporter

ksandru

"PHAT" Not "Fat", Got It?
Hi, All!

How about this one from the Nineties group "The Spin Doctors?" It's from their 2nd CD and one of their most popular songs in concert. It's called "Big Fat Funky Booty". Makes me shake mine when I hear it (although not so much now that I am 8 mos. pregnant).
Here are the lyrics:

BIG FAT FUNKY BOOTY - The Spin Doctors

My babys nice, shes so polite.
She says please? when she ask me
Stay the night
Shes around the house, she love me so.
She pickin up a little bit of my
Rising, rising dough.
Good lordy god, my gosh all mighty,
Her booty fine, and its trimmed so tidy,
Horseradish, mama, just a smidge,
Spend a whole lotta time peekin into
Her big old kitchen fridge.

Gotta love it, its my duty
She gotta big fat funky booty,
Not above it, makes me moody
Whole mess of big fat funky booty

Waoh! sweet sugar plum
Im crippled, blind, a little deaf and dumb.
Its wonderful, could I get a little more?
cause its about as wide as my big old garage door.
Were in bed and its late at night, she put her
Arms around me and she hold me tight
But I say, no baby, no baby, no,
But I sure could use a bit of your funky booty though.?

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
Doctor Scott is one of my MySpace friends, and is a very talented artist using the contemporary rap format to spread his appreciation of the big girls. There are a couple of vids on YouTube that have pics & videos of many webmodels & such set to his music.

Also, one need not look far beyond the renowned Candye Kane, a former BBW model, actress, and long time blues singer. Many of her tunes have size positive themes.

Here's a video of her performing "Great Big Woman"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3X-vGOkQ0

bexy

is red again <3
"you're the one for me fatty" is very underestimated. i even have a tee:p

and now i need to go to bed, jikes.
AND ITS A MORRISSEY SONG!!!!!

I heard that the original lyrics to Paradise City by Guns n Roses were

"Take me down to the Paradise city where the girls are fat and they've got big titties..." but it was changed to be more radio friendly :(

GunnerFA

Big
AND ITS A MORRISSEY SONG!!!!!

I heard that the original lyrics to Paradise City by Guns n Roses were

"Take me down to the Paradise city where the girls are fat and they've got big titties..." but it was changed to be more radio friendly :(
I can second that Bexy. I like some of the guns n roses music and a friend of mine who is a big time gnr fan told me about the original lyrics. Though he told me that Slash wanted them this way but Axl wanted "grass is green and the girls are pretty".

Bloody Axl.

bexy

is red again <3
I can second that Bexy. I like some of the guns n roses music and a friend of mine who is a big time gnr fan told me about the original lyrics. Though he told me that Slash wanted them this way but Axl wanted "grass is green and the girls are pretty".

Bloody Axl.
Such a shame!! But Slash has said before he is an FA and he has a very voluptuous wifey :D

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I personally think that any band/singer/rapper that focuses on just one topic, like size acceptance [or whatever!], gets old quick. It seems more a novelty than like, real music. I can't imagine listening to a rapper that sang mostly about his love of big women. I'd probably want to vom. I think it makes a much bigger impression when bands/singers/rappers who are famous for other songs make a song that has a underlying size acceptance message. I don't know, this kind of reminds me of like..Cypress Hill, because all they ever sang about was weed and like, I'm totally guilty of having a few CH songs, but I can't just sit and listen to a whole CD at once because it's like, redundant after awhile. That's just my two cents.

beginner FA

I am afraid I have to disagree thatgirl08, because up until sgt pepper every song by the beatles had something to do with love and relationships, so why can't an artist base most of his/her songs on big girl love. Not to mention the fact that big girls deserve it! peace;)

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I am afraid I have to disagree thatgirl08, because up until sgt pepper every song by the beatles had something to do with love and relationships, so why can't an artist base most of his/her songs on big girl love. Not to mention the fact that big girls deserve it! peace;)
Love is way more broad than size acceptance.