Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Height: 5ft 8 in (approx)
Weight: Approx. 200 pounds
Orientation: completely straight
Hair: longish dark brown
Eyes: brown
Willing to relocate: maybe

These are always a little difficult. I mean how do you write one of these things without sounding too much like an egocentric jerk? Or, in the other direction, making yourself sound too icky for anyone to respond.

I guess I'll do what I always do and just let the words flow from my fingers. I'm going to talk about myself, and if I resonate with a woman, she can respond. Not going to list a bunch of qualities a woman must or must not have. I'm just going to ramble and see what happens.

Probably the first important thing to know about me is that my ultimate goal is to have a nice, quiet, settled life. I've had enough adventure and excitement to last two lifetimes. A house, high speed Internet, some nice toys. And of course, a good woman with whom to share it all.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am not the kind of guy women dream about. I'm not that tall. I don't have a beard or a mustache. I don't have a billion tats. I don't have any cool earrings. I don't drive a motorcycle. And, most importantly, I'm not and don't want to be rich. I'm not a baaaaaad boy or a millionaire. I mean, no judgement if a woman likes that kind of thing. We all like what we like. And if a woman likes fast-paced, bad boys, I'm not it. Dark and broody, yes--to a fault sometimes. I tend to withdraw into myself from time to time. I'm not what you'd call the happiest guy on the planet. Usually all I need is to be wrapped around and shown I'm cared about to pull me from these spells. Don't poke and pry trying to figure out what's wrong, because oftentimes, I have no clue. And all the poking and prying just makes me withdraw more, which leads to bad feelings, which leads to ... Well, you get the idea. It's not good.

I'm not terribly interested in traveling the world, either. Everywhere you go is just another place the residents want to leave. Plus, it's just too much hassle.

I'm a reader. I'd rather be reading a book than watching TV. I also write. Sort of. I've got a finished novel in the drawer, but I'm not sure what I'll do with it. There's also a bunch of online fiction I've done, and if interested I can provide links. These little gems might give you more of an insight into my character than I probably want, but oh well. Every writer
Puts something of him or herself into their works, whether they likes it or not.

Cooking is a passion of mine. I love to cook for my significant other, and I suppose that makes me sort of a feeder. As I've mentioned in another place here, I like it when my S.O. Asks for seconds and doesn't go, "Oh wow, I shouldn't eat that because..."

I'm currently in school for a legal administrative assistant certificate. I don't know if I want to go full paralegal, however. Just hiding in the back office managing documents and filing is a perfect job for me. I'm not a big people person.

So, that's me in a nutshell. For avenues of communication, I have Google Hangouts, Telegram, Skype, and of course good old phone calls. If I resonate with you at all, do not hesitate to contact me.

Addendum. I'm not comfy posting pics of myself all over the Internet, but I will send privately. Meanwhile, here's a cute pic I do like lol. It is a goat holding a coffee plant. I like goats and I live on coffee, so there you go.

Attachments

• coffee_goat.png
    coffee_goat.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 1

Mystic Rain

Mewtwo is life
In the interest of full disclosure, I am not the kind of guy women dream about. I'm not that tall. I don't have a beard or a mustache. I don't have a billion tats. I don't have any cool earrings. I don't drive a motorcycle. And, most importantly, I'm not and don't want to be rich. I'm not a baaaaaad boy or a millionaire. I mean, no judgement if a woman likes that kind of thing. We all like what we like. And if a woman likes fast-paced, bad boys, I'm not it.

I wanted to quote this specifically because I am one woman who does not dream of a man with a bad boy attitude, a billion tats, beard/mustache, piercings, and drives a motorcycle. I am done with boys, having divorced one who looked like a man, but actually wasn't. While he wore earrings, had one too many tattoos, a mustache, and a checkered past, I overlooked those because he had become a Christian since then, and initially he treated me like a queen while dating. Once the 'I dos' were exchanged, all that gradually went out the window and he revealed his true nature. If you wish for more details, please visit and read my profile.

You sound like a great, honest, sincere man, and I hope you find someone who completes you. :)

Some more Addendums

So, I showed my original posting to a friend of mine who said that even though I'd stated I wasn't looking to fill a laundry list of qualities, it probably would still behoove me to talk about the kind of women with whom I might get along best. I can see the logic here, so I will go ahead and do that.--or try to, anyhow.

First of all--and I know how cliché this sounds--I like integrity. To me this means doing what you say and saying what you mean; and not engaging in wishy washy or deceptive behavior. Be honest, believe in value given for value received, at least try to do the right thing.

Another thing I like is straightforwardness. For example, in the past I've had women just disappear rather than saying, "Rob, sorry, I don't like you, now go away." Ghosting has been talked about on this forum and it's rather cruel to just leave somebody hanging. It was this behavior that made me rather hesitant to post anything of this nature again; I've had it happen far too many times in the past. They say things are going well, but then just vanish like a politician's promises after an election. It's not going to hurt my feelings if I'm told "I don't like you, sorry."

I don't believe two people must have all the same interests. For example, my last girlfriend was heavily into sewing, making jewelry, and other artistic stuff. Bored me to tears. But I fully supported her need to engage in this stuff and didn't try to discourage her from doing so. I believe partners should support each other, not deride each other's dreams or interests just because those interests are not shared. As long as partners agree on the big things, the little things don't matter.

Communication is important to me. If I have a problem, I will bring it up; and I hope she does the same. We're all (presumably) mature adults. There is no reason we can't talk out our problems in a reasonable way.

I will admit, as I stated in my original posting, that I don't do well with being confronted with perceived criticism, or the feeling of being pushed into something. It is something I have to work on, and which my potential partner will have to exercise patience. I have walls, and I freely admit it. I'm not the most emotionally settled person around. Not in the sense that I lose my temper or anything like that. More that I always wonder when the next shoe is going to drop, especially when things are going well. Or I wonder what the catch might be.

As possibly ridiculous as this might sound, I want to feel cherished. I want my woman to think that I was made just for her. We will be the center of each other's world, the most important thing in each other's lives. Seeing me will be the highlight of her day, as seeing her will be of mine. I know how ridiculous all that is, but there you go.

We can talk to each other about anything, but she says it best, when she says nothing at all. The touch of her hand says she'll catch me, if ever I fall. To quote an old song that probably nobody knows anymore.

She knows how to laugh, but will not make fun of me maliciously. Not many people seem to know the difference.

There is so much I could say here, but this is already dragging on longer than I thought it might. I'll wrap up here, and say thanks for reading.

Latest posts