• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

SMDO: Dutch size acceptance foundation

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent 007

Shtick man
Today I would like to announce what I think will be the first step towards more size acceptance in the Netherlands: the creation of Stichting Meldpunt Discriminatie Overgewicht (roughly translated: Reporting Point for Obesity Discrimination Foundation).

SMDO’s aims read as follows:
“We strive for equal treatment of people regardless of their size or weight. We stand up for fat people who feel they are not treated equally. We wish to support them in all aspects of their life. We look after their interests, give advice and engage in dialogues with society and politics.”

SMDO’s website provides news articles and useful tips and it has its own forum and chat room. People who feel they have been discriminated because of their size or weight can post their experience on the subpage “Meldingen”. In the future SMDO also wants to travel throughout the Netherlands in a “walk-in bus” with folders and books, where fat people can discuss their problems.
Incidentally, the foundation was partially inspired by NAAFA.

I encourage everyone, but especially the Dutch members of Dimensions, to visit SMDO’s website. It can be found here: http://www.smdo.nl.

Latest posts

Back