Quantcast

So I got some Bumpits...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

mszwebs

For The WIN.
Saw the commercial and TOTALLY caved. Got them off eBay to save money on shipping...

Totally worth it!

They're not as easy as they seem in the video, but they DO work. You should tease your hair top and bottom before you put them in and use a little spray.

I fully expect to give them heavy use.

https://www.bumpits.com/Default.aspx
My dreams of being a Amy Winehouse's twin fat sister can finally be realized!!!

Buffie, those are awesome!!! :D

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
I saw those too! They look really interesting. Would you mind taking a picture or two of your hairstyle sometime when you use them? I'm interested to see what they look like when a real person uses the product rather than the infomercial. :)

Buffie

KittyBuffieKat
They're super fun, mszwebz! But shop around before ordering on their site. I got mine from eBay and saved $5.00.

I will take some pics this weekend if I have time. =) Will post them here as soon as I have some. :D

TygerKitty

OMG I saw this the other day and since my hair is fairly fine I was very intrigued! I would loveeeeeeeeee to see some pics once you get them!

Sandie S-R

Saw the commercial and TOTALLY caved. Got them off eBay to save money on shipping...

Totally worth it!

They're not as easy as they seem in the video, but they DO work. You should tease your hair top and bottom before you put them in and use a little spray.

Post pix pls miss buffie!

You know, back in the 60's we just teased the hell out of our hair and used lots of AquaNet. It works!

volatile

Must have! :smitten:
I can't wait to see how they work out for you.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I wanted those for my hair. I can never get that little bump through teasing. My hubby teased me about my interest in them.
Thanks for the review :D

mszwebs

For The WIN.
I ordered mine today.

I was too lazy to look on ebay, so I went to the website, where I also apparently bought some bra strap things...which brought my total order to like...$55 bucks lol

Oh well. my dumb ass fault for clicking the wrong button.

DON'T CLICK THE WRONG BUTTON!!!!!

This is what i get for ordering things online at 6 am.

:rolleyes:

I will post pics as soon as they come in the mail!

Buffie

KittyBuffieKat
I will ask Mr. Buffie to take some pics as soon as he gets home.

The better you can backcomb, the better they work.

They get easier with use and I've learned when it comes to the medium size in the crown, it's best to put one on the same parallel with your ears, then pick up another bit of hair, tease it and put another one just behind the first one.

The little ones are perfect for just clipping back your bangs.

When you have them in with your hair down, it's best to pin them to your head because while mine aren't falling out, they don't /feel/ secure, so I keep messing with them. Pinning them down just chills me out. LoL

I'm almost tempted to buy some self-adhesive Velcro strips and stick the spiny ends on the outside of the bottom of my Bumpits just to help hold them in a little better.... Hrmmm....

If you put them in and then clip your hair back or do a ponytail, they are not going anywhere.

Will have pics as soon as I can! =)

So, has anyone tried Smooth-Away? Y'know, the pumice things that remove hair...

mszwebs

For The WIN.
I will ask Mr. Buffie to take some pics as soon as he gets home.

The better you can backcomb, the better they work.

They get easier with use and I've learned when it comes to the medium size in the crown, it's best to put one on the same parallel with your ears, then pick up another bit of hair, tease it and put another one just behind the first one.

The little ones are perfect for just clipping back your bangs.

When you have them in with your hair down, it's best to pin them to your head because while mine aren't falling out, they don't /feel/ secure, so I keep messing with them. Pinning them down just chills me out. LoL

I'm almost tempted to buy some self-adhesive Velcro strips and stick the spiny ends on the outside of the bottom of my Bumpits just to help hold them in a little better.... Hrmmm....

If you put them in and then clip your hair back or do a ponytail, they are not going anywhere.

Will have pics as soon as I can! =)

So, has anyone tried Smooth-Away? Y'know, the pumice things that remove hair...

Oooh... I just read an article on that, that wasn't so good. And I'm positive there is a thread that talks about it somewhere here...I remember Elle Camino commenting on it, likening it to sand paper... and there was also a link to an MSN review.

I could, of course, be wrong... the severe lack of sleep, emotional intensity and downright bitchiness I suddenly feel could have messed with my head. :rolleyes:

But I don't think so. It's here somewhere.

Buffie

KittyBuffieKat
OMG, I read that and I read more on the interwebs. Bad mojo. Not even gonna /try/ Smooth Away. >_< Ouch!

kayrae

doot doot doot
Hey Buffie and mszwebs, when you have the time I'd love to see a pic of you with the bumpits. And maybe a youtube tutorial? I could probably just look for one on youtube myself, lol.

Gingembre

radar detector
Just wanted to say that those things look cool, but everytime I see this thread on the board list, I read "bumpits" as bum-pits (like armpits!) rather than bump-its, chuckle to myself and get a bit confused before I remember what the thread's actually about! :doh: LOL!

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
omg I want these so bad. I saw them on tv the other night.

mszwebs

For The WIN.
omg I want these so bad. I saw them on tv the other night.
On the off chance that mine arrive before I actually leave for New Jersey (and I realize that's still a month away) and if you don't have them before then, I'll let you try them out.

:)

Note to everyone else. Just get them through eBay. If you get them from the site, it's seriously like 6 weeks to get them.

GHET-TO!

KendraLee

Totally worth it!

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about these and thinking of getting them

Latest posts