• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Songs that are “obsolete”

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landshark

This should be fun. What are some songs that are obsolete not because they’re old, out of style, and the fads of their day have pass us by, but because their lyrics refer to things that just are no longer in use?

For example, Foreigner’s 1979 album “Head Games” has a great sounding song called “Love on the Telephone” where singer Lou Gramm laments a breakup over the phone instead of in person.

Some of the lyrics:

Hello operator
You know that I’ve been waiting on this call
I said hey operator
You’re giving me a bad time
I’m gonna tear this phone right out the wall

Operator? Year we still have them I guess but their roles are a fraction of what they once were. And the phone mounted to the wall? It’s been a long time since anyone has seen that. This song is obsolete! It’s still a great sounding song, but I wonder what it would sound like today.

Another good example: The Beach Boys 1989 album “Still Cruisin’” in which the title song features these lyrics:

On the island
Wake up on the cape
We’ll punch up your favorite station
Toss in your favorite tape

Like just about everything else by The Beach Boys Still Crusin’ is a fun song to blast with the windows down on a sunny day. And I guess in 1989 “tossing in one’s favorite tape” made a lot of sense but it also dated an otherwise amazing sounding song!

What are some examples you can think of?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back