Sports Illustrated Fattest Model - Hunter McGrady: Morbidly Obese or pleasingly Plump ?!

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by waldo, May 14, 2019.

1. May 26, 2019 #61

tmur

tmur

tmur

Since "size" is being discussed, has anyone noticed the following?
    I m 6' tall. For many years I seldom saw a female who stood eye to eye. Now I see MANY young women who do.
    I went to a Target near a major university last week and was astounded by the number of women near my height and taller.

2. May 26, 2019 #62

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

tmur,

I also see many women six feet tall and over.

Because of the industry that I'm in (biotech), I work with a lot of Asians. I'm always amazed (delightedly so!) when I see Asian women who are taller than I (and I am 5'9"). I'm also amazed to see a lot of tall Asians in general, who are the progeny of interracial marriages (Caucasian and Asian). Most recently I was visited by a former neighbor who is the daughter of such a couple. When she lived next door to me, she was a petite, scrawny child. When she visited me, she is now in college and taller than I. She looked like a supermodel -- tall, fashionably slender, and leggy!

Tall -- really tall -- women are my passion! But as I complained and lamented, women, in general, desire and require a man taller* than they. "Grrl Power" and "Strong Woman" declarations and assertions to the contrary, heterosexual women still yearn for men who are . . . more equal -- they still marry (or partner) up.

[​IMG]

* And smarter and richer and more successful and stronger.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  3. May 27, 2019 #63

waldo

waldo

waldo

Yeah the only reason I originally made that reference about 'SJWs' was because of the nonsense that Hunter McGrady was writing on the topic of inclusivity and all the wokeness going on at Sported illustrated . Actually it seems this term this was traditionally never considered a 'perjorative', but that started changing about 10 years ago with the ramping up of the intersectionality and related over the top grievance mongering on the progressive left from fools who like to throw out words like 'fascist agenda'

4. May 27, 2019 #64

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

Dan DeLeon

Does anyone else see the irony of Waldo calling for me to lay off the commentary? The lack of awareness is astounding. :rolleyes:

Re your alibi for making that reference about SJW:

"Social Justice Warrior" (abbreviated "SJW" . . .) is a term used to refer to liberals, progressives, feminists, and supporters of political correctness. The term is an appropriated one, generally used by the right wing as a negative snarl word, despite originally having positive connotations. It is commonly used by far right reactionaries as a toxic ad hominem [attack that] almost certainly raises a red flag that a pointless nonconstructive discussion will follow. -- https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

5. May 28, 2019 #65

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Right, enough.

No insulting each other, no name calling and no political talk. You aren't meant to talk about politics on here anyway.

I'm deleting those last two posts. Stick to the actual topic and if you don't like each other, you have a block list.

6. Jul 18, 2019 #66

Emmy

Emmy

Emmy

something witty..

Ive noticed women seem to be getting taller and men shorter.. could just be that now im looking for it though to prove im right lol

7. Aug 3, 2019 #67

GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward

I love it when pin-ups gain weight gradually over time... Body positivity is slowly spreading more and more and becoming desirable to mainstream media

Emmy likes this.