Quantcast

Squeezablysoft's Sweetly Spicy and Scrumptiously Saucy She Shed

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

squeezablysoft

12/22/2020 Day 83: Had my first physical therapy session since the surgery today. I was worried that my stomach muscles wouldn't work right after being cut but I actually did pretty well. I sat up on the edge of the bed for 10 minutes which is about what I was doing before the surgery.
20201222_225735.jpg3.jpg

squeezablysoft

12/23/2020 Day 84: Had my last nurse visit, she said my incisions look good and my vital signs are right where they should be still. Also one of my neighbors has a little dog that likes to come over and play with me. Mom said the neighbor came over with him a couple times while I was in the hospital and he was disappointed I wasn't here. So today the little neighbor dog (Rusty) came over and I fed him chicken and got lots of puppy kisses.
20201223_141433.jpg
its-christmas-eve-eve-omg-29767409.png

Reactions: Tad

squeezablysoft

12/24/2020 Day 86: Friendly reminder, don't forget to hang your socks by the fireplace and leave a plate of baked goods and a glass of cow squeezings for the fat man tonight!
ChristmasEve2016.jpg
20201224_204159.jpg

squeezablysoft

12/25/2020 Day 87: Merry Christmas! Well, actually I know I'm posting this late so Christmas is already over but I'm making a resolution to get better about this. Anyway my Christmas isn't going well at all, my teeth are acting up again plus my tongue is sore from rubbing against one of my jagged teeth. But considering the holiday I'll try to low-key smile for today's #dailyselfie.

20201225_190658.jpg
merrychristmas1577110628301.jpg

Reactions: Aqw

squeezablysoft

12/27/2020 Day 89: Tonight the mouth pain was just beyond what I could take so I went back to the hospital even though I know there isn't much they can do about dental problems. They said I have an infected tooth that needs to come out and they gave me a Bactrim pill and a Percocet pill but it really didn't help. I told them but they said that was all they could do. I came home still crying from the pain just like when I went in. The healthcare system really needs to make adequate pain relief a serious priority. I know some people misuse opioids with disastrous results but the hospital is the safest place to take them I should think.

Anyway I came home with rxs for Bactrim and Ibuprofen. But I probably won't be able to get them filled till tomorrow. The pain is starting to slowly get a little better, I slept most of the day and haven't eaten or even drank anything.
20201228_003134.jpg

squeezablysoft

12/28/2020 Day 90: Another thing that made this whole tooth mess hard is that while I was literally crying in pain my mom was reaming me out about how it was my fault for eating junk and not brushing and that I was being overdramatic. She fussed about my having called the ambulance to go to the hospital but at least she let them take me.

My mouth still hurts but it is definitely improving even without the medication. But mom and I ended up arguing about not just my dental issues but a bunch of stuff that we usually fight about. So even though almost every day in my life at least semi-sucks, I have to say that today was even suckier than most.
20201229_221546.jpg

squeezablysoft

12/29/2020 Day 91: So today mom acted like we didn't argue yesterday and everything was fine. Weird but she does that sometimes. The pain is almost gone even before I finally got my medicine late this afternoon. I know I need to get to a dentist asap though since the pain will just keep coming back until the bad teeth come out (I think at least 2 need to be removed). So I'm trying to figure that out.
20201230_203947.jpg

squeezablysoft

12/30/2020 Day 91: Now that I have my medicine I'm feeling much better. Physically at least I don't have anymore mouth pain but emotionally I'm worried and frustrated cause now mom says I shouldn't go to the dentist until the covid situation goes away but I know that won't be for several months and as soon as I finish this round of antibiotics the infection and pain will just keep coming back.

The doctor came today and said it looks like I'm all healed and doing great from the surgery. I asked him what the best thing to do is with the dental situation and he said I should go ahead and go and that the dentist's office is probably the safest place you could get covid-wise and that he'd recently had dental work done himself. After he left mom said she didn't believe that. I forgot to tell the doctor about my knee hurting and popping and how I think I need an increase in my Effexor dose.
20201230_230457.jpg

Last edited:

squeezablysoft

12/31/2020 Day 92: It's kind of interesting that the way I feel about the new year and the general state of the world right now kind of parallels how I feel about my own personal circumstances. Like things have been really terrible but I'm starting to have hope things will improve soon since it feels like things have surely hit rock bottom. But also things have been so bad for so long that I'm kind of afraid to be hopeful lest I be disappointed.
20201231_175333.jpg

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
12/30/2020 Day 91: Now that I have my medicine I'm feeling much better. Physically at least I don't have anymore mouth pain but emotionally I'm worried and frustrated cause now mom says I shouldn't go to the dentist until the covid situation goes away but I know that won't be for several months and as soon as I finish this round of antibiotics the infection and pain will just keep coming back.

The doctor came today and said it looks like I'm all healed and doing great from the surgery. I asked him what the best thing to do is with the dental situation and he said I should go ahead and go and that the dentist's office is probably the safest place you could get covid-wise and that he'd recently had dental work done himself. After he left mom said she didn't believe that. I forgot to tell the doctor about my knee hurting and popping and how I think I need an increase in my Effexor dose.
FWIW I have been to the dentist, and with mine they did a screening at the door and had each person coming in use hand sanitizer as well as being masked. As soon as I was in the treatment room they gave me a particular mouth wash to swish with for 30 seconds, that apparently is good at killing the virus. The staff had on both masks and face shields and were taking extra sterilization steps. Overall it felt pretty safe. I suppose nothing is perfectly safe, but neither is leaving problems untreated, so personally I'd say go.

squeezablysoft

02/05/2021 So yeah, I really dropped the ball on this #dailyselfie thing. I did take pics sporadically throughout last month but I did also miss some days. And I didn't post anything.

Why? Ongoing dental problems, stomach flu (?), family issues, depression, too tired, too lazy, too busy watching tv and doing other random stuff on my phone for 12+ hours a day, the usual excuses. But I do plan to post the selfies I did take and get back on the ball about taking them again.

But for today I'll just leave you with the #dailyselfie I took today. I feel totally 🤢🤮 today but I still pulled my head out of my puke bucket long enough to post this and even smile in the pic so that basically means I'm like heroic or something right?

20210205_111059.jpg

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
What is that old saying, something to the effect of it isn't how many times you fall down that matters, it is how many times you get back up? Sure you might have patches of not sticking to this plan, but keep working on it when you can.