Squeezablysoft's Sweetly Spicy and Scrumptiously Saucy She Shed

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SSBHM

I've decided one of my New Year's resolutions for 2020 will be to get more involved here at Dims. I'm setting a goal of making at least 3 posts a day whenever I can. My depression makes me really unmotivated and antisocial sometimes, to the point where even texting and keeping up with social media seems like a chore, but I love y'all and always find loads of intriguing food for thought here, so I think this will be good for me.
Great resolution. I hope others see and follow your example.
This is a community and we should be more active and interested in what others are doing.
I'm going to try to follow your rule - 3 posts daily - and other resolutions are:
1. Stay the course, continue letting myself gain. I like being big and would like to get to 400 or more.
2. Try to be friendlier to others. Even when people are mean, they probably just don't understand.
3. Encourage others to be happy and, when possible, indulge - I think bigger, softer people are happier! lol
4. Try my best to be a better person. That's an all encompassing requirement.

SSBHM

Glad I inspired you, @SSBHM! Today was one of the crappy days but I'm going to peruse the threads for two more places to post.
I suggest snacking on cookies while perusing. It puts one in a good frame of mind, and boosts your energy too!
I manage to eat almost a dozen every day.

Colonial Warrior

I've decided one of my New Year's resolutions for 2020 will be to get more involved here at Dims. I'm setting a goal of making at least 3 posts a day whenever I can. My depression makes me really unmotivated and antisocial sometimes, to the point where even texting and keeping up with social media seems like a chore, but I love y'all and always find loads of intriguing food for thought here, so I think this will be good for me.
I understand what you feel. It happened to me when I was 30.

Still at my 53 (just look it's 35 backwards!). I feel the Christmas time sadness.

You always make some terrific participations at the forums. Just keep your awesome job.

My most sincere admiration to you.

squeezablysoft

I guess just posting to the games forum is kinda cheating a little but it's a relatively easy way to stay somewhat engaged without having to muster up the energy for a post on a real topic. Today was an ok day but a long one so probably won't be posting a lot today, maybe tomorrow though.

SSBHM

I guess just posting to the games forum is kinda cheating a little but it's a relatively easy way to stay somewhat engaged without having to muster up the energy for a post on a real topic. Today was an ok day but a long one so probably won't be posting a lot today, maybe tomorrow though.
how about suggesting midnight snacks?

squeezablysoft

how about suggesting midnight snacks?
The ultimate midnight snack has gotta be milk and cookies, Oreos if you really wanna do it right. Any combination of sugar and dairy is good though, milk and doughnuts/brownies/cake/pie, ice cream, even a nice bowl of cereal will do. Leftovers are also an acceptable answer (either cold or hot), extra points for pizza or other takeout food.

squeezablysoft

Subway prolly should never have made all those earwormy "5 dollar foot long" commercials, because now a whole generation of sandwich eaters has that so firmly lodged in their brains that paying more than $5 for a foot long is always gonna seem like a bad deal.

Reactions: Tad

squeezablysoft

This is completely unrelated to fatness, but I found it deeply disturbing yet fascinating and feel compelled to share (probably by whatever demon is possessing this cursed image).

squeezablysoft

Another resolution I have for this year is applying for at least one scholarship every day. Y'all prolly know I want to go back and finish college but have been dealing with various difficulties along the way, finances being one big issue, though not the only one.

I had hoped to go back last fall but had some stuff come up, aiming for this coming fall now. It's kind of a pain in the @$$ that I lived in Florida most of my life and have now been living here continuously since summer of 2017, but because my transportation issues prevented me from getting to the DMV to update my state id card, I am considered "out of state for tuition purposes" just because I lack the documentation they want (your docs have to be dated at least 12 full months prior to the first day of classes for you to qualify as in state for a given year). :mad:

I'm hoping I can get my card updated by this summer so at least I'll be in state for 2021-2022 (not to mention my voter registration so I can vote in November!), and also hoping I can get enough scholarships to make up the difference for this year, since having had so many delays already I REALLY don't want to sit out yet another year for a stupid paperwork technicality.

squeezablysoft

Ok, so I'm sure this doesn't really mean anything (especially since I still haven't actually posted anything myself yet), but I followed Red Cow Entertainment (the mega-hot SSBHM Jon Hunt's company) on Instagram and THEY FOLLOWED ME BACK!!!!! Like I said, I know it doesn't mean anything but I'm still pumped about it!
1486608325-13708412_847584092039318_3212529280866082380_o.jpg.jpg

squeezablysoft

Well this is interesting, ppl are always making fun of me for keeping a stash of candy in my room but I think just now it might have actually saved my life (ok maybe I wasn't literally dying but it sure felt like it). I've heard ppl say that only diabetics can get low blood sugar but I'm pretty sure I get it now and then because I'll have symptoms that sound like hypoglycemia and go away after I eat.

Right after I made the post above this one, I suddenly started to feel shaky and sweaty and my heart was racing so I used the health measurement app thingy on my phone and it showed my pulse was 92 bpm and my stress level was in the middle range (which the app says is average but I think it's significant because every time I've measured it when I wasn't experiencing any serious problems it's always been at the far low level like in the more recent measurements). So I pushed myself to get out of bed and to my desk where I had some Twizzlers and ate them until everything started to calm down. Idk if I could have made it all the way across the house to the kitchen to get food if I had had to, maybe I could but I'm very grateful I had the candy right there.

When I redid the measurements an hour later my pulse was down to 76 bpm and my stress level was down to the far low end like usual. I guess it's possible this whole thing is just in my head but it seems pretty real to me. I've been tempted to buy a blood glucose monitor for these occasions just out of curiosity but it seems a little expensive for someone who doesn't have diabetes.

Screenshot_20200130-071412_Samsung Health.jpg Screenshot_20200130-071438_Samsung Health.jpg Screenshot_20200130-065747_Samsung Health.jpg

Last edited:

squeezablysoft

Ok, so I kinda slipped up on this whole post every day resolution thingy. Oops. I'll keep trying.

Anywho, some stuff going on in the exciting adventure that is my life, I saw a doctor for the first time in awhile on Valentine's day, the next day they did an xray on my left hand for some weirdness with my ring finger and a "just to be sure" ECG since I've been having palpitations.

Tomorrow morning I'm getting blood drawn and then hopefully I can get back on my thyroid medicine. Am slightly anxious about the blood sugar part of the test though, since I've had the low sugar-y episodes and been running in the 90s for my sugars for years, plus finding out when I did the 23andme that genetically I have a 50/50 chance of getting diabetes by age 80 (and also, ya know, the whole being fat thing).

Latest posts

Group builder