• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

SSBHM challenges

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfedrev

CW: potential weight loss

My fiancé is a SSBHM who weighs somewhere around 550-575 pounds. He works from home on a standard weekday 8-5 schedule. While he is not a feedee, he is an inveterate snacker. In the 4 years I’ve known him (3 together), he has gained 150 pounds.

I love his luscious, soft, round, cuddly, handsome body and make sure he knows this. However, his mobility and size issues are beginning to seriously impact his happiness. He grunts in pain every time he stands and is winded when walking from one room to the next.

Yesterday, he took a bath in our jacuzzi style tub and was nearly unable to get out. He wasn’t stuck from size, but from an inability to stand. There is a bench in there he uses when showering, but we got this tub specifically because can fit in it for a bath. It took 15 minutes and lots of crying and swearing for him to get out, and the relaxation of the water jets was totally undone.

We then went to have dinner with friends, the first time we have seen friends since quarantine. He usually wears sweatpants or gym shorts around the house, but wanted to wear khakis. The pair that fit him at Christmas did not fit only 5 weeks later. Then he was barely able to get up the 6 (steep) stairs at their house.

Today, his office chair (rated to 650 pounds and only 4 months old!) broke while he was playing an MMORPG, causing him to fall on the floor. I was asleep, but thankfully I heard him yelling for me. It took 30 minutes for him to get up from the floor. He was uninjured, just sore- but now he is stuck sitting in a camp chair that, while reliable, is too low for his desk.

He runs online games all but 2 nights a week, too, so he spends the vast majority of his time sitting in that chair. This same thing happened only 5 months ago, and it caused him significant shoulder pain while we waited to get the new (really crappy!) chair that broke today.

What little time we spend in the living room (about 2 hours a day on weekdays, more most weekends), he is in a recliner that is stuck at half-recline. We were saving for a new, higher weight rated recliner, but that money is now perforce going to the 800lb-rated, 7 year warrantied office chair we hope to get soon.

He is doing a low-carb diet, but no exercising. His weight has still been creeping up. He has had lab work done, and his testosterone and thyroid levels are fine. While I love his size, I know it is affecting his quality of life very negatively, and want to help him regain his mobility as much as possible. He is also outgrowing clothes, and they are expensive to replace. I gladly act as caregiver for both him and his elderly mother, but that means that I don’t work outside the house right now, so money is tight.

Problem is, he is unable to lift more than 15 pounds (botched surgery long ago), and his knees are so shot that doing much of any walking is agonizing. He wants to join a gym with a pool, as that will allow him to regain his stamina. But between his type 2 diabetes and my type 1 diabetes, he doesn’t feel safe doing that until the whole COVID thing calms down. (Our area never really went into lockdown and still has HUGE numbers of new cases.)

To be more clear, weight loss is something he would like, but he views it as more of a hopeful side effect of just rebuilding his stamina and regaining some mobility... because he would like to be able to fit in a car to drive again, especially if I am hospitalized again like I was 7 months ago (diabetes is stupid).

Until he does feel safe going to a pool, does anyone know of any exercise type things he can do at home that don’t require walking or standing?

He is also very down on himself as a person because of his inability to do much to help around the house. I am perfectly glad to do basically everything and reassure him of this whenever the topic comes up, but it doesn’t help much. Before his divorce 15 years ago, he was a stay at home dad and took delight in keeping the house tidy. Other than offering constant reassurances and making sure he remembers his psychologist video chat appointments, is there anything else I can do to let him know that he is loved, valued, and just *enough*?

Latest posts

Back