Quantcast

Standing Tanning Beds

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FatAndProud

Hey all,

I was wondering if a fat girl could get her tan on in a standing tanning bed (lord knows I'd break the lay down one)? I'd like to go tanning before the Spring/Summer that way I don't burn as bad.

I'm afraid to go to the tanning place and just be like "Hey, I'm fat and I wanna know if the standing tanning things will fit my fatness" ...I mean, I'd do it...but yeah.

So, if you ladies could share your experiences and what not, it'd be appreciated.

Love <3

shinyapple

crunchy in milk
I've used the standing beds before. Last time I was in one, I was probably around 475 or so at 5'4".

I was very careful getting in so I didn't bump my hips against the lights, but I quickly realized the bed I used had more room than I initially thought. I was going for 12 minute sessions and brought music along, so I'd just dance around to kill the time. I couldn't move my feet much, but it kept me entertained during the session :happy:

I don't see why any tanning salon you are considering wouldn't allow you to come in and check out the booth before paying for the service. I was fortunate to get the recommendation of a local BBW and knew I'd be fine going in.

Hope this helps...and have a great summer!

Shosh

Susannah
View attachment clare_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

Here is Clare. She was a young Australian girl who used tanning beds, and she died from Melanoma.

I dont want to worry you, Just these tanning beds are dangerous. Even using them one time, is one time too many.

You are beautiful as you are.

toni

In the know
I used them when I was around 340. The stand up beds are very roomy. It is a little intimidating to walk in the first few times. The girl at the front is always an 18 year old 100 lb bleach blonde chick. I find that they are beyond perky (puke) and are happy to answer questions.

Filly

Searching Restlessly
You could try a spray on tan. It sounds tacky I know, but if you were to get it done at a reputable place the results can be really good!! A few of my friends have had it done, and the salon person matched their colouring really well! It looked amazing! It's much safer than tanning beds, and the result is instant.

Downsides? Obviously the colour doesnt last. And you would have to stand there and have someone spray the product and you would have to lift up any flabby parts so they could get you all over.

SBQT73

I've used both the stand up booths and the beds. You'd be surprised how big some of the better beds are. In fact I prefer the lay down beds vs. the stand ups and I'm a pretty big girl.

I live over the state line from you in South Bend and when I tan, I tan at Fun Tan. Each location I've ever used has always been very friendly. They'll explain and show you each bed they have and I think you can even get a package that consists of the different types of beds. So from there you could decide for yourself which one you liked better without committing to a package right off the bat.

I know the sun and tanning isn't the greatest thing for you, but like anything else moderation is the key. Something about having a tan makes me feel so much better.

Becki

mel

This is My year!..again:)
some kind be pretty tight but you could ask to try it... I did that once, made a funny about being fat and fitting.. it was OK ..better than getting in there and having burns :) I use the higher quality beds and they do a great job because they have bulbs on the side so i dont get as many "stripes" lol

volatile

I used to work at a tanning salon when I was around 16 or so and I used the lay down beds. I was probably around 325 lbs at the time. I haven't used a lay down since then.

I went tanning last summer for the first time in many many years and I used the stand up. It was a tight squeeze getting in but I think it was an older bed because it had like wire grates to protect the bulbs so you don't bump or break them. It had an attached changing room on it and that was pretty cramped. I was so paranoid the first few times that I would trip trying to get out of my pants and going flying out onto the floor. LOL! For the record I'm 5'4 - 5'5 and I was around 375 - 385 lbs. then.

Latest posts