• Pretentions and Predilections

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The Documentary

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

byutane

Grabby Hands Sr.
DM Supporter
Hi everyone, so I have a bit of a problem with starting stories, and then getting distracted by a shiny new idea before the last one has had a chance to wrap itself up. Usually it takes a few chapters for me to lose focus, but recently it's been happening while I'm still fleshing out the concept/summary doc - the result is, my hard drive is filling up with folders, very few of which actually contain finished projects.

To try and combat the problem I've decided to prioritise and focus on finishing the stories that have a significant amount of work done on them. I figure the best way to decide what has the most appeal is with a straw poll to see what people like the sound of :p after a few replies/poll responses I reckon I'll know what I'm about, but any engagement/feedback beyond that is welcome :)

Also please note these are all primarily BHM focused stories, though the proportion of other fat content varies.

Thank you!

"Paws for Thought"
An apprentice archaeologist falls prey to her own curiosity during a visit to northern Germany, accidentally getting cursed by the Norse goddess Freyja. She finds herself transforming into a cat at night, only becoming human again when the sun rises. However, she decides that maybe it's not so bad when she discovers that her standoffish but attractive neighbour has a soft spot for felines – and might even be the key to breaking her curse.

“Bidding War”
A cynical electrician gets embroiled in what she terms “rich people nonsense” when she’s called upon to replace a drop-out from a charity date auction. To her increasing bemusement, she finds herself stuck in the middle of a web of rivalries, alliances and insecurities as five affluent bidders continue to compete well after the gavel hits the block. A cold-hearted CEO, an enigmatic artist, a womanizing confidence trickster, the playboy son of a mob boss and a clueless venture capitalist all fight for her affection during the strangest weekend of their lives.

“The Kraft”
Having supported him since the death of their parents, an amateur witch decides to enact some justice on the bullies who are ruining her overweight little brother’s years at university. However, after giving the ringleader a taste of what it’s like to be the fat guy, their feelings start to develop in unexpected ways.

"Dream Girl"
A woman who suffers from severe trauma-related night terrors gets visited by a baku - a humanoid creature who can eat nightmares. After making a contract with him, the sheer magnitude of her bad dreams starts to have a real impact on his waistline. What's more, as her mind becomes calmer, repressed memories start coming into view, reigniting a decade-old mystery.

"Freakish"
Running away from an unwanted marriage, a young woman seeks refuge with the resident fat man of a traveling circus. After discovering his singing talents, she sees a way out of both of their predicaments - but maintaining his trust and dealing with her own feelings proves to be more of a challenge than she first thought.

"Lens Cap"
The core members of a university filmmaking club are thrown into mutual emotional upheaval when the sudden weight gain of their cameraman provokes his best friend to confess his repressed feelings.

"Moonlighters"
A disillusioned musician meets a nomadic young man with a lupine secret, and resolves to help him sate his unnatural hunger as harmlessly as possible. However, their happiness isn't destined to last, as the young man's pack is never far behind him.

"Noble Intentions"
Set in a fantasy world, an overweight tutor gets a new job coaching his country's princess in etiquette. However, he discovers that she's extremely unusual - not only does she claim to have been summoned from a place called Earth by a godlike being, but she also has far reaching political designs which will send the world into upheaval. And, strangest of all, she seems to be really really into him.

"Pretentions and Predilections"
Reeling from his sudden divorce from his wealthy ex-wife, a socially awkward, upper crust theatre critic falls in love with a street artist. In an effort to get closer to her, he requests portrait after portrait, which only serves to highlight his weight gain - but she doesn't seem to mind.

"The Documentary"
A journalist who's covering the word of feedism finds himself bonding with one of his interviewees, and decides that the best way to produce a compelling piece is to immerse himself in the culture.

byutane

Grabby Hands Sr.
DM Supporter
Well, after a week it seems like Paws for Thought and Dream Girl have pulled ahead of the competition. Thanks very much to everyone who voted (shout out to the first person who voted soon after I posted this poll who just liked all of them!), as previously mentioned any more feedback is very welcome, but since it spent the longest time on top I am going to be focusing mainly on Paws for Thought for now :)

byutane

Grabby Hands Sr.
DM Supporter
After a long period of reworking, I've finally started posting the story described above, under a new title:

Even though by this point it's far from the most popular story idea in the poll 😅

Latest posts