• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Stretch Marks (and why I should like them)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbbig

Rock Star/Contortionist
Considered all the forums to post this in, and went with the vaguest section.

I have been chubby my whole life and didn't realize how "unusual" it is to be plump until maybe 13 or 14. Around this time I developed the only stretch marks I have, 4 or 5 vertical lines on my love handles. Slowly, I have learned to looooove my belly and, more recently, my moobs (god, I hate that word though). Anyways, the sole thing preventing me from liking having my shirt off in public would be those silver lines on my hips. They just seem so ... unnatural. I know via various other stretch mark related threads I have read that the overwhelming majority of people do not like their marks at all. The most common reason I see for someone liking them would be that they are "battle wounds". Maybe for pregnant women, but in my opinion, getting fat is the opposite of a battle, and stretch marks are just a weird side effect. The point of this post is that I need to learn to accept all of me, and that will be closer to complete with my accepting or even liking my stretch marks. Why, you lovely people, should I love my stretch marks?

Latest posts

Back