Strong eyebrows

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Aust99

Ladies.... show me your brows....

I have been pondering for a while about getting my brows reshaped and want to start using a eyebrow pencil to fill them in a bit. I have dyed blond and brown (half head of foils, alternating colour) hair and my eyebrows are light brownish....

Now I know I wont get the same results due to colour, but I am seriously lusting after some thick, defined brows. It probably has quite a lot to do with the fact that I’m slightly obsessed with fabulously thick retro brows, of Audrey Hepburn or Elizabeth Taylor proportions.

Behold:
View attachment 93976View attachment 93975

Even the future Queen got in on the fabulous brow action recently:

View attachment 93977

I'm posting a pic of my current brows.... I want to make them a pit darker/ fuller. I will try to get a brow pencil today and have a play around.... View attachment 93983

Will post pics after too...

I've notice a lot of the ladies of dims have had some awesome eyebrows lately and would love to hear peoples thoughts and experiences with strong/ defined eyebrows. Post pictures too if you can....

:kiss2:

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I always thought my brows were way strong, and grew up thinking that I was weird and stuff cuz everyone had those pencil thin ones (most still do) and Mine were always thick.
Also, I've never ever filled in my eyebrows, though I have coloured them before. That, too, still makes me feel weird.

I do like the strong brows, the "gamine" look is kinda sweet. I lovelovelove Elizabeth Taylor's retro brows :D

Just make sure the shape frames your eyes well and that you don't end up with Groucho Marx sized brows and you'll be able to pull it off no problem :D

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
Once you've played with a brow pencil for a while, you could try dying them. My brows and lashes are so blonde I say they're extra long facial hair, there's just no colour to them. Coles sometimes has the dye packs (something about 1000 hours dye kit or something), and most pharmacies do too. I get brown for my eyebrows and blue black for lashes. They also have regular black, if you prefer. I only leave the dye on my brow for half the allotted time as I don't want really dark brows, and the colour can take up to ten minutes to fully appear after I clean it off. So once you're sure of the colour, you could try that option :)

succubus_dxb

Badonk. Adonk.
i'm ALL up in this. After my teenage years being spent with teeny weeny eyebrows, then just plain dodgy ones, i think i've found my 'happy place' when it comes to by brows recently.

I have a bobby brown eyebrow and lid kit my mum gave me yearrrsss ago, and I just use a thin brush to fill them in so they don't look so bald. Basically, i only pluck on the underside of my brows and draw myself a line before i start, otherwise i'll go a bit nuts and they'll be too thin.

Also, when filling them in - i make sure not to use lines that are too bold on the insides, only on the top and bottom to 'seal' them i suppose. My brows are quite a lot thinner on the inner edges, and i figure it's for a reason - I look weird if they're thicker there.

I recently lost my new favourite brush for applying the powder and i'm muchos upset :(

strangely i've noticed how weird my face looks when you can't see my brows (eg. fringe too long) - I think I use them a lot with my expressions?

I'm rambling............ but i'm very passionate about my eyebrows now :D

View attachment Photo on 2011-05-25 at 15.18.jpg

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
i'm ALL up in this. After my teenage years being spent with teeny weeny eyebrows, then just plain dodgy ones, i think i've found my 'happy place' when it comes to by brows recently.

I have a bobby brown eyebrow and lid kit my mum gave me yearrrsss ago, and I just use a thin brush to fill them in so they don't look so bald. Basically, i only pluck on the underside of my brows and draw myself a line before i start, otherwise i'll go a bit nuts and they'll be too thin.

Also, when filling them in - i make sure not to use lines that are too bold on the insides, only on the top and bottom to 'seal' them i suppose. My brows are quite a lot thinner on the inner edges, and i figure it's for a reason - I look weird if they're thicker there.

I recently lost my new favourite brush for applying the powder and i'm muchos upset :(

strangely i've noticed how weird my face looks when you can't see my brows (eg. fringe too long) - I think I use them a lot with my expressions?

I'm rambling............ but i'm very passionate about my eyebrows now :D
your eyes are stunning!

tinkerbell

You both have great brows.

I wish I knew how to arch mine. I guess I could get them done. I just pluck the strays, and the unibrow, but other than that, I don't do much with them. Mine aren't very thick at all.

I like the strong brow look - like the pics that are posted.

Tania

Disneyland Bobsled Team

mel

This is My year!..again:)
growing up mine were thick, over the years ai have thined them out by plucking... i wish they were a bit thicker now :( I feel like they are too thin

tinkerbell

This is an old picture of me (I think Oct 2010), but look at my brows! You guys all have lovely thick brows, and mine are so thin!

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Trust me you don't want thick brows. Mine are too thick and I hate them. I can't pluck them too much cuz I can't stand the pain.

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
I tend to darken mine with an eyepencil if I'm going out in the later evening. But I get a little paranoid about it, like I'll just smudge them halway across my face.

They're pretty substancial to start off with, thank god.

Fallenangel2904

Fat Fashionista
Those of you who have thick eye brows- must be nice! I used to have pretty full eye brows, but they were still pretty invisible because they were blond. I never plucked them when I was younger (I know- YIKES) I don't know why I never even thought of doing it, but once I started plucking all I can say is YIKES! It made them so thin and pretty much non existent! I definitely had a tendency to overpluck. I dyed my hair brown last year (Which is when I started plucking) because I realized- I can't have blond eye brows with brown hair lol. So I started filling them in with a light brown eye brown powder. I changed shades of powders a few times over the course of the year- finally think I've found a good color. It takes a lot of trial and error. And I let them grow in a bit from last year and they are a bit more full, but still NO WHERE near what you ladies have- def jealous! :bow:

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
I like my eyebrows. I used to tweeze them very thin but not anymore. I like the defined, strong eyebrow.

Tori

Ahhh! I need to figure out how to fill in my eyebrows. :/ I overplucked them like CRAZY when I was younger and have messed them up so they're definitely not as full as I'd like. Tips/suggestions??

(Don't mind the skankatron pic - it's the only recent one that shows them!)

View attachment webcam3.jpg

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
Brow shaping kits and a good solid core brow pencil in as close to your natural hair'S colour as possible :)

Pitch

I used to be sooo in hate with my bushy eyebrows, but I kind of like them now. I just hate getting them all...shaped up. I'm a NOTpro at this kind of thing!

PhatChk

I try to keep mine neither to thick or thin. It works well because if I wnat the to be think and pronounced I fill them in with black pencil.

Lately I have been using ELF shaping kit ..I'll post newer pics with the new shape.

VeronicaVaughn

DimensionsModel

I've always had pretty thick, strong eyebrows and it used to be the cause of a lot of insecurities for me. I remember even shaving one of them off when I was younger, which obviously just lead to more problems. I feel a lot better now that I've made piece with them!

Latest posts