Suits for SSBHM??

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

craigisnutter

Ello guys,

ok, I want...ney, i NEED a suit. I've never had 1 really and it's about damn time i did. Now i've looked and searched every search engine, all over the little e big Bay and have failed every time.

Now i'm about a 72"-74" Waist, so it needs to be a big old bastard of a suit!! Anyone have any suggestions at all??

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
I can't help, but I hope someone can.

At the same time, we really need to compile some links for da bhm boys and add them to the sticky.

craigisnutter

That would be very much apreciated.

I mean im struggling to find boxers at the moment, that wouldn't require a second.....thir.....eighth mortgage to pay for.

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
Hi Craig,

Some UK suppliers - not sure exactly what sizes these all do but they might help:

Sizedwell
- (has a shop in Rayleigh!)
Big Ozzy
Big Matts
Rochesters - the UK Site
Jacamo
Big Tall Order - sells lots of US labels. Not sure whether its cheaper to buy from them or direct from a US shipper, you might need to do some calculations...

Tracey xx

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Craig;

I wonder if you would do better getting one custom made or semi-custom? That is, there may be few enough suits made in your size that they won't be that much cheaper anyway than getting one made just for you.

When I say 'semi-custom'......OK, let me just give the specific case I'm familiar with: there is a company that I've bought shirts from before, that is based out of Hong Kong and does the actual sewing in the far east, but goes on annual road trips to the USA, Canada, and the UK. You book an appointment when they are in town (Looking at their web site, in the UK only in London), look through their style books and cloth samples, and choose all of that, then based on what it is and the cloth you've chosen they give you the price, and if all is good you pay them, and get it in the mail about six weeks later. Web site is here: http://www.maxwellsclothiers.com/

But first I'd go and look for a tailor near you, ask to see some of their work, ask how comfortable they are working on a suit in your size, and get a quote. Probably pricey, but for sure it would be the best fit you could arrange.

Good luck, and please let us know how your search goes!

-Ed

SpecialK

I'm a BBW who has to wear suits to work and I find it hard enough to find good suits for women. I cannot even imagine what you have to go through!

Good luck! *HUGS*

bigrugbybloke

ok well maybe not a ssbhm here but a good sized bhm!!

i know what you mean craig as even with my dimensions 58" chest, 61" belly, 36" thighs its not easy to get a suit in the uk. whilst i ont mind protrudig out of a suit in fact it is damn difficult anything in big sizes in the uk without paying stupid money ;(

Theatrmuse/Kara

Warrior Momma
Just a suggestion......my son is a BHM around 300 pounds and has had a LOT of luck at S&K Men's Warehouse. He really likes to wear a sportscoat and either matching or contrasting colored slacks. S&K does free alterations too, but I really don't know if they are just retailers in the south or elsewhere in the US.
Good luck. I love seeing a man all dressed up!
Hugs, Kara