• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Super Signage of the U.S.A.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamptoad

I thought this link looked quite interesting and wanted to share:

http://www.agilitynut.com/signs/1.html

Check out this link and click on different states to see different signs!

There's also Alaska and Hawaii, too.

Unique and colorful signs are rapidly disappearing from the roadside landscape. The creativity of signs is now restricted by zoning laws. Many old signs have had their flashing lights turned off. Garish signs are considered hazards (causing auto accidents) and eyesores (in an era that favors uniformity).

The focus of this section is on older, graphically interesting signs. The emphasis is on small, overlooked, yet beautiful signs. There are large, famous, and even some contemporary signs included here, too. My personal preference is for metal signs accented with neon but there are many other types of signs represented. At the bottom of each state's page are links to other signs. There are also many great signs elsewhere at my website (e.g., my eateries, theatres, drive-ins, and motels sections).

If you have recommendations of signs not included here, I'd love to hear about them. If you have photos, I'd love to see them and will give you credit if I include them at my website. Lastly, if you have any additional info about the signs here, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back