Supersized Massages on an Actual Massage Table?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Hey folks, i'm wondering how massage tables hold up on super fatties? anyone ever gotten a professional massage at close to 500 pounds?

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
I've actually had a conversation about this before with a friend of mine that is a massage therapist. Most will hold at least 300 pounds. Hers can hold over 500 I'm sure because we have both sat on it at the same time without any signs of it straining. I'm not sure what brand it is, I'd have to ask.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
ah ok, then i guess i might have to call around and check each place. i was wondering if it was a pipe dream and that they wouldn't be able to hold me at all haha so i'm at least glad to know that some of them would.

I've actually had a conversation about this before with a friend of mine that is a massage therapist. Most will hold at least 300 pounds. Hers can hold over 500 I'm sure because we have both sat on it at the same time without any signs of it straining. I'm not sure what brand it is, I'd have to ask.

Tad

mostly harmless
I don't know if you remember former poster Weeze, but she is a massage therapist, so I reached out to her on another site where she is still active, and she had this to say;

I would call around and ask if the place has a hydraulic table. If they do, it's safe, if not I wouldn't risk it, even if the therapist says their table can hold over 500, I broke a standard table at 340 even though they supposedly hold up to 450 or whatever. A hydraulic (Oakworks brand, if you want to get specific but I doubt a place would give her that info, but maybe?) like what we have at my spa has literally held 700+ lbs of people because a few of us sat on one during a staff meeting at once, and the table was completely fine. I've also had men close to 500ish on my table and again, on the hydraulic table completely fine.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
oh sorry Tad, i didn't see this reply, but that is hugely helpful. thank you so much :) hopefully someone around here has one that is capable.

I don't know if you remember former poster Weeze, but she is a massage therapist, so I reached out to her on another site where she is still active, and she had this to say;

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
I’ve had a massage at over 500, the issue was being face down and how the head support worked. The massage therapist put extra towels under my head so I could breath. The other issue is the width of the table and my arms dangling. A good MT will know to tuck the sheet to support your arms. Good luck

GummyBear

If your ever in Colorado, I have a fantastic massage therapist, that will only work on chubby to supersized women, he use to work for the Dallas Cowboys as a MT for them. First massage is free, he uses baby oil, soft music and the massage is about 2 1/2 hours long. I think if u like how he does massages I think its 50 bucks per session.

If you are interested please contact me in private thank you!

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
If your ever in Colorado, I have a fantastic massage therapist, that will only work on chubby to supersized women, he use to work for the Dallas Cowboys as a MT for them. First massage is free, he uses baby oil, soft music and the massage is about 2 1/2 hours long. I think if u like how he does massages I think its 50 bucks per session.

If you are interested please contact me in private thank you!
That sounds fantastic! Is the table he uses extra wide?

GummyBear

221EE644-82B1-4986-844A-AF1462A7B30E.jpeg Yes. Here is me on his table. I’m also extra wide as well.
I included a pic of Maverick and his table so u guys can see. Super nice and he knows what he is doing. He also asks what type of massage u prefer and if u have any pain or soreness!

He really is amazing and he only caters to women especially plus size!

Attachments

Last edited:

Fantasist

View attachment 130076 Yes. Here is me on his table. I’m also extra wide as well.
I included a pic of Maverick and his table so u guys can see. Super nice and he knows what he is doing. He also asks what type of massage u prefer and if u have any pain or soreness!

He really is amazing and he only caters to women especially plus size!
This picture makes me want to head to Colorado right now! Too far away:( I could really use a massage.

GummyBear

I agree! I’m east coast, maybe a cross nation road trip lol
He is worth your time and energy! Also he only works with plus size women at his home. If he is doing outcall like at a hotel or something, he will do anyone, including men (but he double charges them), hairy body and baby oil, don't mix. LFMAO. He likes working on the thicker, broader and heavier women, he use to work for the Dallas Cowboys as a MT, so he knows exactly what he is doing!!

SSBHM

Do other SS people get asked, "can you lay on your stomach?"

The last time I got a massage the person sized me up and asked in an innocent tone that question. I said sure but actually it was a little difficult. Seems like maybe I should sit.

Have others thought about this too?

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
Do other SS people get asked, "can you lay on your stomach?"

The last time I got a massage the person sized me up and asked in an innocent tone that question. I said sure but actually it was a little difficult. Seems like maybe I should sit.

Have others thought about this too?
I’ve never been asked but I prefer to no lay in my stomach. It is just not comfortable

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
wishing i lived in Denver right about now lol

I actually prefer to lay on my stomach. I've been doing it since as long as i can remember and have just always done it. I use a lot of pillows to prop me up though. so that helps a lot

SSBHM

Pillows? I've never gotten asked if I need a pillow. That would help. Masseuses I have gone to have a face cradle that is even with or even below the line of the table.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
Pillows? I've never gotten asked if I need a pillow. That would help. Masseuses I have gone to have a face cradle that is even with or even below the line of the table.

They should be able to raise that head rest to make you more comfortable and if it is still too low a rolled up towel or two can help support your head

Latest posts

Group builder