Quantcast

Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tina

Older and wiser now
Actually, some people *are* unhappy that she's done what she's done, though I don't know that people here are. But some of the things I've read there are some who think she should have left well enough alone. Even in the article I linked, most seem to want her not to change *too* much, because they want her to remain 'one of them.' Didn't mean to somehow imply anyone here said that.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Tina...that's good...otherwise, I would have to...well, not gonna say.

:D

William

What a weird answer??

Anyway

I did not like how Simon could not just simply compliment Susan, at one point he began to call her a "little tiger" (or something) and changed the conversation when it seemed Susan was going to disagree.

William

I like pie.

Tina

Older and wiser now
William, Simon's meaning appears to have escaped you. She did a little bump and grind at the start, and then knocked everyone's socks off. He didn't insult her at all -- she was a little tiger, within the context of his meaning, I believe.

KatsPyjamas

well gosh
Has it been mentioned how all the media keep referring to her as an "unlikely singing sensation"? She sure can sing - why are they so surprised that that's the main thing people like in a singer eh?

I've watched her perfomance and thought it was really wonderful how she surprised everyone. I'm not usually at ALL into watching any sort of talent shows or reality TV!

William

Hi

I do not think that he meant it as a insult, it just seemed odd next to the reactions of the other two judges.

I think that Simon is unable to get out of his stage persona, he had to have the upper hand in the conversation. His reactions during Susan's performance show more of his real feelings which was pure appreciation. It was nice to see that side of him.

William

William, Simon's meaning appears to have escaped you. She did a little bump and grind at the start, and then knocked everyone's socks off. He didn't insult her at all -- she was a little tiger, within the context of his meaning, I believe.

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
I think that Simon is unable to get out of his stage persona
If you see Simon on any of his shows or in any of the many documentaries about him you'd realise that he doesn't have a 'stage persona' - he's exactly the same straight talking person throughout. His success and popularity are pretty much based on the fact that he's always the same and whether you find him charming or obnoxious pretty much depends on whether you agree with what he's saying.

(Should I have stuck to talking about pie? Time will tell but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping...!)

Tracey xx

William

I have seen some interviews of him and he does have a certain personality, but I liked him better in the interviews than on his show :)

I did like the way he just stared at Susan with a smile often coming to his face. I also realize that I do not pay that much attention (I am on the computer) when watching the show, so he may smile all the time on the show.

I will never talk about pie unless the thread or message that I am replying to is about baked goods, I just try to give a civil response to anything mentioned in a thread. Some people can not tolerate that.

William

If you see Simon on any of his shows or in any of the many documentaries about him you'd realise that he doesn't have a 'stage persona' - he's exactly the same straight talking person throughout. His success and popularity are pretty much based on the fact that he's always the same and whether you find him charming or obnoxious pretty much depends on whether you agree with what he's saying.

(Should I have stuck to talking about pie? Time will tell but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping...!)

Tracey xx

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
Nice try William but I'm not biting. At first it was perplexing, then it became amusing, now it's just <yawn> predictable...

Tracey

William

Hi

You need to let resentments flow away and not hang on to them. I do not like a lot of things I read on Dimensions, but I do not troll other responses of the Authors.

My questions about Simon are relevant and I was not the one who injected pie talk in the thread.

William

Nice try William but I'm not biting. At first it was perplexing, then it became amusing, now it's just <yawn> predictable...

Tracey

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
As for her makeover, if I had the money to get my hair done, colored and some nice hawt looking new clothes, I'd do it, too! Why vex her the chance to make herself feel wonderful with a little pampering?
I love the fact that she went to her local salon and not to a stylist in London. I hope thats a sign that she's a woman who is making her own decisions and not not an ultra cynical marketing ploy...

Dont know if anyone else has said but apparently she's not back on the show until 23rd of May so we're going to have to wait a while to hear her again.

Tracey

CharDonnay

I think its about think we have more real everyday people as celebs. Not matter what age there are. This woman is so natural its unbelieveable which I love.

Sadly though I saw her in the newspaper and she has had a makeover. I much prefer her getting old gracefully look.

Tina

Older and wiser now
That's exactly what I was going to say, but you already did so...

What she ^ said. :D

Chuggernut

Well, she came in 2nd place in the finals, didn't win. Yet.......235 million hits on YouTube:eek: ? She certainly won the PR challenge. That will not be the last you heard from Susan Boyle, I can tell you. And yes, write me down as a fan.

BeaBea

Man up or move on!
I was discussing Susan Boyle with a group of friends today - we all watched the show last night and despite being avid fans none of us were surprised that she didn't win. We were trying to figure out how she lost and our interpretation was that it was down to a number of factors.

After her first performance we were no longer surprised that the unusual looking woman had such an amazing voice so the expectations were much much higher. Her second round performance, that we had been waiting impatiently for weeks for, wasn't great. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the Streisand-esque performance that we'd all been waiting and hoping for. Sadly too, she is still very awkward to watch, the way she answered questions, reacted to the camera and wandered around the stage apparently unable to follow stage direction made everyone watching nervous and uncomfortable. Instead of making someones dreams came true it felt more like we were dragging someone completely out of their element and comfort zone for our entertainment. I dont believe all the reports in the press prior to the final but it does seem that she was on the edge of pulling out of the show entirely due to stress and I think it showed in the performance.

Another consideration is the the British will always prefer the under-dog - and having the International media tell us for weeks that Susan was going to win was bound to cause a backlash against her. Lastly, Diversity, the dance troupe who won were staggeringly, mindblowingly good...

I'll be interested to hear everyone elses opinions on her performance and what happened in the 2nd round and on the night.

As for Susuan - I hope the press give her a break, that her life is allowed to return to normal and that she gets to work with a team who are sensitive to her talents and her personality, her abilities and her challenges. I think the whole world wants to hear more of her at her best - but not at the expense of her happiness and mental health. We dont need another tragic heroine but if we're lucky we would like to hear more of that amazing voice...

Just my opinion
Tracey xx

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
that is a great opinion!!! I am sure we'll be hearing more of her, she is amazing. She'd probably shine in theater or something like that.

I was discussing Susan Boyle with a group of friends today - we all watched the show last night and despite being avid fans none of us were surprised that she didn't win. We were trying to figure out how she lost and our interpretation was that it was down to a number of factors.

After her first performance we were no longer surprised that the unusual looking woman had such an amazing voice so the expectations were much much higher. Her second round performance, that we had been waiting impatiently for weeks for, wasn't great. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the Streisand-esque performance that we'd all been waiting and hoping for. Sadly too, she is still very awkward to watch, the way she answered questions, reacted to the camera and wandered around the stage apparently unable to follow stage direction made everyone watching nervous and uncomfortable. Instead of making someones dreams came true it felt more like we were dragging someone completely out of their element and comfort zone for our entertainment. I dont believe all the reports in the press prior to the final but it does seem that she was on the edge of pulling out of the show entirely due to stress and I think it showed in the performance.

Another consideration is the the British will always prefer the under-dog - and having the International media tell us for weeks that Susan was going to win was bound to cause a backlash against her. Lastly, Diversity, the dance troupe who won were staggeringly, mindblowingly good...

I'll be interested to hear everyone elses opinions on her performance and what happened in the 2nd round and on the night.

As for Susuan - I hope the press give her a break, that her life is allowed to return to normal and that she gets to work with a team who are sensitive to her talents and her personality, her abilities and her challenges. I think the whole world wants to hear more of her at her best - but not at the expense of her happiness and mental health. We dont need another tragic heroine but if we're lucky we would like to hear more of that amazing voice...

Just my opinion
Tracey xx

Latest posts