Tab!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Coke uses aspartame in Tab.

FWIW, Coke still uses saccharin. They use a mixture of saccharin and aspartame in the syrup for the soda fountain.

RedHotAva

The Tab energy drink is sickeningly sweet, and you can usually find the old soda-brand glasses at Goodwill. They always have the coolest stuff.

Yeah, that's about all I could contribute...

Emma

I know this might sound crazy but I'm SURE tab was a clear cola drink here in the UK in the 90s?

IdahoCynth

Cockchafer
Tab, what a flashback! My mom lived on tab and fresca.

I saw a woman at work drinking a fresca last week. I didn't know they made it anymore.

They are both ickky to me. Not long after the fresca/tab era of my youth it seems like Shasta cola was next, then all the other shasta flavors. OH and red cream soda mmm now that was "pop".

Miss Vickie

It was Pepsi Clear. Quite good actually.

Yeah Burtimus loved it. The look of it kind of squicked me out.

Remember the ads for "clear gravy" on SNL? I'll never forget them dipping a drumstick into a jar of clear.... I don't know what... and sucking it down. :::shiver:::

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
It was Crystal Pepsi.
300pxcrystalpepsiwi7.jpg

It wasn't bad, It was Pepsi without coloring. I don't think it flopped, but it wasn't nearly as good as Twisted Pepsi. :)
twsitcp9.jpg

And No Em, you're weren't imagining a Clear Tab:
tabclearhp4.jpg

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
It seems people here either love Tab or hate Tab. You can count me on the love Tab side. I remember drinking it in the 80's when we used to go to the diner (we did that a lot it seemed, Mom had had enough of cooking by then. lol). I used to drink it with a slice of lemon. Even when we used to go there for breakfast I drank it. Oh, and I like Fresca too. I guess I have strange tastes.

PhillyFA

Cunning Linguist/Drum Bum
i've heard all these sodas mentioned, and yet no one mentioned the best soda on the planet, mt. dew...there i said it

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Before Coca-Cola...even before Dr. Pepper...there was:

(trumpet fanfare) DR. BROWN'S CEL-RAY TONIC!!

And it's still the finest soft drink made. How can you not love a soda pop that actually tastes like celery! Yum!

Latest posts