Work with me on this one...

Pizza Skittles.

Red- Pizza sauce
Green- Green Peppers
Pink- Pepperoni
White- Mozzarella Cheese
Yellow- Crust

Bad idea, or not? You decide!

Then, present your idea(s) to the board for approval or disapproval.

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I'm fully aware of the Bad Idea thread being inherently a bad idea.

Nevertheless, dig this...

Hollow bamboo chopsticks, so you can use them as a straw for noodle soup. I call them Chopsucks.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"Pizza Skittles."

That's not a bad idea, at all; I would expect to see something like that in Japan, where they have a lot of purchasing power and there's a strong demand for novelty flavors of otherwise popular items. The only thing I might change is make the yellow more of a cream color to replace the flavor of crust with onion & garlic. If you really want to step it up, have different, lighter, shades of green to reflect notes like oregano or basil, in contrast with the darkest for (green) pepper. The more (variety) you add to it, the more I think it shifts to more of a Jelly Belly gourmet jelly bean idea than a purely Skittles idea; Skittles should be limited 5 or 6 flavors in a group.

My bad idea: Bring back Hyde Park.

Donna

Definitely NOT Jolly
**snipped out, 'cause pizza-flavored Skittles really does sound like a bad idea to me**

My bad idea: Bring back Hyde Park.

I do not think this is a bad idea. The larger, overbearing, problematic personalities who made the original HP at times such an exhausting and negative experience for so many are now gone. Those of us who regularly participated that are still around are also hopefully wiser and more mature. May it be brought back, or a new iteration thereof, on a trial basis? If it proves to be a train wreck, then take it away again.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I have been on a pho kick lately and the idea of chopsucks is a brilliant one.

Leave Hyde Park in the past, please. Political discussion and the inevitable mudslinging almost killed this place. Why tempt fate again?

And it was always American politics. If anything else was discussed, American politics would quickly infiltrate it. So I think it made the boards feel a lot more American-centric.

I would give chop-sucks a try, though.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Tequila rapido on an empty stomach.....

Reactions: Tad

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I do not think this is a bad idea. The larger, overbearing, problematic personalities who made the original HP at times such an exhausting and negative experience for so many are now gone. Those of us who regularly participated that are still around are also hopefully wiser and more mature. May it be brought back, or a new iteration thereof, on a trial basis? If it proves to be a train wreck, then take it away again.

Actually we did bring it back for a while in a slightly different form. And it turned into a train wreck and resulted in one mod leaving and me very nearly following them. Definitely not happening, ever again.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
The pizza skittles would work with jelly baby jelly beans also. They already do many flavors and tell you how to blend them for other flavors.

Donna

Definitely NOT Jolly
I see my faith in other people is still far greater than it should be. Perhaps I am not the cynic I try to portray.

You know, Matt's Chopsucks might be better marketed as Sux-Phở-U in Vietnamese restaurants.

Dromond

Pleasantly abstruse.
Actually we did bring it back for a while in a slightly different form. And it turned into a train wreck and resulted in one mod leaving and me very nearly following them. Definitely not happening, ever again.

You brought it back too soon. The hammerheads were still around, and quickly poisoned the well. Said hammerheads have moved on, so maybe things would be more civil? Maybe? Hopefully?

BTW, sorry for the thread necromancy. I just now saw it.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
You brought it back too soon. The hammerheads were still around, and quickly poisoned the well. Said hammerheads have moved on, so maybe things would be more civil? Maybe? Hopefully?

BTW, sorry for the thread necromancy. I just now saw it.

Maybe that's true, but honestly, none of the mods have any desire to get involved in such things again.

I could go into why, and how it isn't necessary for the site anyway, but you all know that already. In the old days, websites and forums were less easily found, so it made sense to have a place for people to talk about these things here. Nowdays though, you can easily find a political forum/website and debate things there, where its moderated by people who actually want to get involved in that sort of thing.

I think I have a mild PTSD with regards to how much stress and abuse I got from the people you refer to as hammerheads, hah.

Latest posts