The Barker 1940's Comic

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BTB

a nut, but not just a nut
Beautiful thanks for the post.

Zoom

Rogue
I used to have a whole bunch of Barker/ National Comics files (and at one point, I even had 3-4 of the print issues!). I could only find this somewhat interesting page in my Imageshack now. How the mighty have fallen.

RVGleason

I used to have a whole bunch of Barker/ National Comics files (and at one point, I even had 3-4 of the print issues!). I could only find this somewhat interesting page in my Imageshack now. How the mighty have fallen.
That's great, wish you had the whole story, be fun to read it.

Wilson Barbers

Full-time Fanta-sizer
I've got a few issues of The Barker, but none of 'em have any stories featuring Lena in a prominent role (more, typically, she was used to add visual background flavor to the pieces). Still, both the character and series deserve to be better known . . .

RVGleason

I've got a few issues of The Barker, but none of 'em have any stories featuring Lena in a prominent role (more, typically, she was used to add visual background flavor to the pieces). Still, both the character and series deserve to be better known . . .
WB, could you post some of the covers of the Barker comics you have featuring Lena? Would be nice to add them to thread.

RV :eat1:

Zoom

Rogue
Good news!

I just found another site where you can download the whole thing (except the Barker #13) for free!

National Comics 42-75 (1-41 aren't Barker-related)

The Barker 1-15 (except 13, which is still missing)

It even seems legal, since they are claiming these comics are in the public domain.

The whole thing is 1.2+ GB (including many non-Barker stories). If the site goes down (and I suspect it might), I might consider making a torrent or FileFactory upload of some sort in the future.

Group builder