The Best Pizza I've Ever Had Was..........

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"

Slamaga

An headbanger's journey
My favorite pizza of all time is a home-made pizza from a general store of Burke in Vermont. It is near Burke mountain. Hawaïan pizza from there is just divinely awesome.

lypeaches

I love Johns of Bleeker St., in Greenwich Village, personally. Their plain pies are perfection, somehow managing to be both thin and crispy yet chewy at the same time.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
I'm not usually into "gourmet" this or that kind of food, but there is a gourmet pizza restaurant in the city of Redlands, CA where I work that had one pizza that I really like. The pizza is called the "Brando", the ingredients are: Cream cheese, pesto sauce, pepperoni, sausage, cashews, angel hair pasta, green onions and mozzarella cheese.

The restaurant is called "The Gourmet Pizza Shoppe", and here is a link to a PDF of their menu (it will prompt a download...)

balletguy

lots of places in Maryland have a crab pizza.. i love a particualr one that has crab meet and garlic and feta.

sweet&fat

My aim is true.
I have had some excellent pizza in my life, but by far, the best pizza I've ever eaten was at Difara's in Brooklyn. Had to wait two hours on line, but it was ENTIRELY WORTH IT. Seriously.

Neen

Free Spirit
at a general store on a tiny little island off maine :)

QuasimodoQT

Shy viking
Track Town Pizza on Franklin in Eugene, OR. Wish I had pics- next time I go, I'll do that. Whenever I'm back in OR, I have to plan one meal here.

I get half barbecue chicken, half pepperoni/ground beef.

They get the pepperoni all crispy on the edges, and the crust is not like any other- not like brick oven, not like a cracker, not like NY pizza, not doughy, not Chicagoan. It's got some body, but some tenderness. The slices hold up well enough not to be floppy.

So good. I just crave good ol' Track Town, and nothing else I've tried comes close. Pretty sad to say that in NYC.

cinnamitch

I’m old so shut up
Pizza Luce, Minneapolis,MN

pizzaluce.jpg

JeanC

Fat chick with a gun
Was at a little place in Gaeta Italy called Domelio's (sp? I haven't been there since 1970, my dad was stationed on the USS Spring-a-leak, er, Springfield).

Individual pizzas, fresh tomato sauce, fresh mozzarlla made with milk from the local water buffaloes, sprinkled with olive oil, topped with what ever meat you wanted and baked in a wood burning oven stoked by a hairy guy in a wife beater who spit into the saw dust he stoked it with. Pretty much a restaurant for the locals and US Navy folk. It was located in the old part of town far away from the tourist areas.

Took me about a year after we moved back before I could eat American pizza again.

largebob280

Old Technology
One of my favorites is the special pizza at Dion's (many locations) in Albuquerque. New Mexico's got to be about the only place where you can get a pizza with more green chile than tomato sauce.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
there are two types of pizza I adore: Thin crust Napolitano style, and the best can be found at Pompeii in Bayonne, NJ, my hometown. Eat a slice or four of pie at the counter only because it doesn't travel well--the box steams it which totally screws the crispy thin crust effect.

The second type is called Old Forge-style and is mostly found in and around Old Forge, PA and North Scranton. I'm lucky enough to be in the area at least once a week. Sanmarios on Market Street in North Scranton is the cat's ass. It's sold in rectangular 'trays' as opposed to round pies. Plus they have an adjoining restaurant where the meatballs melt in your mouth and take-out porketta sandwiches that make you fall to your knees and praise jeebus.

ladle

Back on Top
When I was in San Diego, my friend and I went out every night. After a few (and a few more) drinks each night we ended up going to the Gaslamp Pizza Bar, a tiny place serving the greatest pizza by the slice I have ever tried. I still yearn to return there soon!

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
The second type is called Old Forge-style and is mostly found in and around Old Forge, PA and North Scranton. I'm lucky enough to be in the area at least once a week. Sanmarios on Market Street in North Scranton is the cat's ass. It's sold in rectangular 'trays' as opposed to round pies. Plus they have an adjoining restaurant where the meatballs melt in your mouth and take-out porketta sandwiches that make you fall to your knees and praise jeebus.

Just throwing it out there, I love PA mountain food. LOVE IT.

Cece Larue

Fire Starter
I just had the BEST pizza of my life last night... PieWorks... SO GOOD! I've been wanting to try it for ages but never got around to it.... I'm so glad we finally got around to trying it. I had the Spicy Crawfish pizza... :bow: Yum! And their breadsticks... magnifique! Take a look at their menu and all of the fun toppings you can put on your pizza! http://www.pieworks.com/

Not that it matters but the one I went to was on East Kings ... but I'm sure their other locations are just as wonderful.

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
Best by far for me is from Giordano's in Orland Park, Illinois. Their stuffed pizza is amazing, I usually get spinach, mushroom and extra cheese.

For traditional thin crust, has to be Traverso's in Tinley Park Illinois. Crust is thin, crispy, bubbly and they don't skimp on the toppings.

Gotta give an honorable mention to the original Home Run Inn, and NOT the frozen kind, but the fresh pizza from the restaurant. The crust is delicious and buttery.

Latest posts