• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Chef Call-In Show: chefs-to-be ask your questions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie

I fully admit this thread is completely self-serving, as I'm currently learning to cook (beyond the very basic stuff I know how to do) and have lots of questions as I learn. :happy:

So the rules are, ask your questions here, and anyone who knows the answer (actual "chef" credentials not necessary!) go ahead and answer.

My first question: when a recipe calls for "one shallot", is that referring to one actual shallot, like the whole bulb, or one shallot segment (like a garlic clove)? I've never heard shallots referred to as bulbs or cloves before, but tonight I made a vinaigrette that called for one shallot in 1/4 cup of liquid, which seemed like a really crazy amount of shallot for such a small amount of liquid. I erred on the side of neither and used about half a shallot in 1/2 cup of liquid, and it was very, very good, but I'm still curious.

Latest posts

Back