The daily excercise report thread!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

Do I get extra points for dodging potholes and vehicles when I walk to work?

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I heard it's better to weight train before cardio. I've been doing that. Is it true?
I was told that cardio helps get the blood flowing so that your weight training yeilds more rewards, and also told weight training preps the muscles so that your cardio yeilds more rewards. I guess it depends what you want/need. My old trainer had me doing 15 minutes of moderate cardio, then weight training, then polish off the workout with another 15 minutes of cardio.

Rojodi

I heard it's better to weight train before cardio. I've been doing that. Is it true?
When I was an athlete, we never did weight training before cardio. We never did weight training without a proper sweat either, so a little cardio before weights is a good thing, IMO.

Tracyarts

Gardening. Of the digging and hauling heavy sacks of stuff around variety. 3 hours. I'm spending some quality time with my heating pad this evening. Lol.

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
https://www.facebook.com/conrad.blickenstorfer, Ma
Carol took up a "Couch-to-5K" program where she has this app on her iPhone that tells when to walk, when to run, how far, how long, and so on and so on. She recruited some girlfriends to go with her, and it's amazing how much stamina she's built between this, Zumba, and our frequent long walks.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
Carol took up a "Couch-to-5K" program where she has this app on her iPhone that tells when to walk, when to run, how far, how long, and so on and so on. She recruited some girlfriends to go with her, and it's amazing how much stamina she's built between this, Zumba, and our frequent long walks.
I have friends who used the app and really liked it as a good way to start slow, but stay motivated.

I'm back in the gym after a winter blahs break. I'm on the mile and a minute plan this week, then up to the 2 miles and 2 minute plan next week. Miles on the treadmill and minutes in the tanning booth in prep for a week on a Florida beach in May to celebrate my 50th.

FatAndProud

Today is my rest day. Light yoga to stretch out sore muscles and promote circulation. Breath control to release stress.

Monday, it's back to the grind 6x a week for an hour and a half, plus increase in times and weights....Challenge here I come! Lol

EMH1701

9452 steps on my pedometer. So close to 10,000! Luckily, the day's not over yet.

FatAndProud

My gfs have been canceling their workouts, which is frustrating as I was mooching off their memberships as a guest lol So, I'm going to finally cave in and buy the $10/month membership at Planet Fitness. I went at 5PM and it was poppin. Lots of body types, skin colors, ages...it was a beautiful humanitarian rainbow lol

I burned 657 calories and worked my entire upper body (totaling to 30 mins). I'm going to be incorporating more cardio (as I'm heavy on the weights, currently). I like to teeter-totter between heavy weights/light cardio and heavy cardio/light weight, high reps to keep my body from totally adjusting. I feel like if I don't wake up with pain somewhere, I didn't push it enough lol

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
1.5 miles / 36 minutes / 4 minute cool down on the treadmill, followed by dodging crazy people at the grocery store since we have "winter weather" in the forecast again.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
Still working on getting back in the groove. Just couldn't seem to focus, but did a mile on the treadmill.

FatAndProud

I've been working it every day except Sundays. Gettin ripped, yo.

Beat my brother twice in an arm wrestle. He says it's because my arm fat is so heavy lol

Diana_Prince245

Wise as Athena
I made my knee go scrunch three weeks ago while squatting a really low weight for me, so I'm stuck walking until my knee feels better. Blah!

Rojodi

1.3 miles of walking on the street
2 miles of dreadmill walking (and having several trainers walk away when they heard my body Rice Krispie)

Latest posts

Group builder