The Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Board Announcements and Technical Support' started by loopytheone, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jan 13, 2019 #1

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Following on from a topic on the main board, I decided to make a thread asking users for their feedback on issues regarding the forums. Here are some ideas for what you could tell us:

• What you like
    • What you dislike
    • What you'd like to see introduced or done differently
    Of course, you are welcome to give other types of feedback too, it is all appreciated. We want to try and keep the Dims community involved as much as possible as people are the life blood of the forum. However, just to clarify, we can't guarantee that we will be able to make every change suggested, but we will discuss them all and want to hear from you. :)

DragonFly and NaeusofStryx like this.
  2. Jan 13, 2019 #2

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA

I'll go ahead and say that a few have already mentioned chat. I don't know how realistic that is cause I'm not a big computer person, but it's been here before.. As far as topics, people can make them for themselves as they wish. I'm hoping other members have more ideas?

3. Jan 13, 2019 #3

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

I like the chat idea too but honestly that’s only as good as the members online who actually want to chat. If only a few people (who actually want real time interaction) are online at any given time then chat won’t be successful. Hopefully enough people would be online together often enough to make it a successful option.

4. Jan 14, 2019 #4

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Honestly, the main issue with the chat idea is that it would need moderating 24/7 to keep out spambots etc and it's not something 3 volunteers could take on. I have been looking for ways around that though, to see if I can get something set up. No promises though.

5. Jan 14, 2019 #5

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

That definitely makes the chat feature a tough problem to solve. If it can be done I think chat would be pretty popular.

I also wonder how practical it may be to put this sight up as a banner add on other websites. Those things work. I have a Fabarm shotgun now because of one of those. I had never even heard of Fabarm before seeing their add. I know that stuff costs money, but what if anyone here has a blog and they can put a link to dims up to draw attention? (I don’t have a blog, maybe I should start one?)

We have good topics here we just need more people weighing in on them. Getting people in the doors isn’t easy.

AmyJo1976 and BigElectricKat like this.
  6. Jan 14, 2019 #6

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

First of all, I'm impressed and delighted by how much effort you put into continuously improving this site. Therefore I'll gladly give feedback:

- It would be terrific if one could filter stories, e.g. by length or theme. For instance, I'm only interested in BHM stories but not BBW and it takes a long time to read through them all.
    - Perhaps one could auto-archive contributions older than x months/years and only display the more recent ones.
    - On my profile page it's easy to see whom I follow but not my follwers. Could that be added? (Unless I've missed it; in that case please ignore.)
    - I don't care too much for threads like „Which song is stuck in your head“ that can be found on any forum. I don't mind them, I just think they don't contribute to the purpose of this community.
    - Some forums could be turned into one, e.g. the FA/FFA forum and the BHM/FFA forum.

AmyJo1976 likes this.
  7. Jan 15, 2019 #7

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

I would really like to get a chat thing set up at some point, but I can't say either way whether it would be a viable idea or not, yet.

Hm, the banner idea is a good idea, HM, I'll bring that up with the site owner. I'm reminded of websites I used to go on in the early 2000s that often had free banners people could put on their website/blog for advertising, perhaps something like that would work? It's definitely trying to get people through the doors, as you put it, that is the challenge.

--

Unbasher, thanks for giving us feedback, it's great to hear especially from a new person! Can I ask, how did you find Dims?

The library has a sort of filter in the set up in the archives, so the BHM Story Board contains exclusively BHM stories. Only stories that are untouched for more than a year get sorted like that though, everything else gets put into the Recent Additions to attract attention to new stories/chapters. There's the old tagging system with BHM etc written in the titles, like you used, but it would be nice to have something to sort them automatically. I'm not sure how possible that is with the current board software, but I could certainly ask.

By contributions, do you mean general posts or stories specifically? We have something like that set up for stories (her name is agouderia and she moves stories to the right archives!) but we've been considering something similar for really old threads in general. Only, like, automatic, and not making agouderia run around trying to archive the whole site, coz that would be a bit mean of usl :p

Hm, what does your profile page look like when you view it? When I view mine, I can see the people I follow (circled in green below) and the people that follow me (circled in red) on the left side of the screen beneath my avatar. Does your look different to this?
    dims followers.png

As for combining boards, that is something we are planning on doing. =) A lot of the boards have a certain history or significance that means they can't be combined though; to use your example, combining the BHM board and the FA/FFA board would leave the male FAs who aren't BHM (which is at least half of them!) nowhere to go to discuss their issues. It's difficult to balance combining boards with making sure everybody has a space where they feel at home.

Again, thanks for the suggestions, everyone! =)

AmyJo1976 likes this.
  8. Jan 15, 2019 #8

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

a) I found Dims by accident. I was working on a story and needed some information about a big-anatomy issue. One of the websites Google spat out led me to an archived story.
    b) "By contributions, do you mean general posts or stories specifically?" Posts in general.
    c) Whoops, my bad about the followers and followees. My page looks just like yours, only I was on the lookout for words, not images.
    d) Also, my bad about combining the BHM and FA/FFA board.

9. Jan 15, 2019 #9

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

@loopytheone mine looks like that but I use my phone and the people I follow/who follow me appear below my avatar and profile visitor messages. I haven’t used an actual laptop in ages and can’t log into Dims on my work computer.

10. Jan 18, 2019 #10

newbiefa

newbiefa

newbiefa

Hello! First time poster here. I hope to someday gather up the courage to properly introduce myself. But for now, my two cents:

Dead links. I'm a bit late to the site, and I find that whenever I'm browsing old threads, links no longer work. It's a real bummer, because there are such interesting topics and opinions, but dead links render some posts senseless :( There are many threads asking for old posts/stories/etc. I think this speaks for itself on how much this is needed!

Loving this site! Thanks for all the hard work!

edit: I mentioned before something about filtering search results, then found out it is already possible. :)

AmyJo1976 and loopytheone like this.
  11. Jan 19, 2019 #11

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Hi Newbiefa, welcome to the board its great to have you! And thanks for the feedback too, its always great to hear from new members. =)

Yeah, we are trying to work on cleaning up the forums a bit. Dead links in themselves are always going to be an issue with a forum like this that goes back so many years, but we are doing our best to sort it.

Thanks again! =)

AmyJo1976 and newbiefa like this.
  12. Jan 19, 2019 #12

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA

Just noticed that I'm forever captured in this nifty how-to. Probably the closest I'll ever get to being famous lol!

13. Jan 22, 2019 #13

bigisland

bigisland

bigisland

Thank you to all the moderators for doing such a great job
    I’ve been around for a few years and have appreciated the Hugh effort that has been made to keep the sight so inclusive.

AmyJo1976 and loopytheone like this.
  14. Jan 22, 2019 #14

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Awww, thank you Bigisland! That's really made my day. =)

15. Feb 9, 2019 #15

bubba350

bubba350

bubba350

I am satisfied with the current boards. Open chat would be hard to moderate .
    Other sites I frequent it often gets out of hand quickly. A set of rock solid rules would be needed and frequently reposted. The moderators would have to quick to delete offensive posts etc. Then there is the constant posting of spam or bot links and the trolls.
    Now a days there seems to be just a lack of courtesy on differing views.
    So many other social media outlets now a day, maybe some type advertising is appropriate.
    Perhaps a slight change in the name. Which explains the fat positive outlook of the site.
    Extra dimensions, XMl dimensions etc.

16. Jun 21, 2019 at 9:05 PM #16

Emmy

Emmy

Emmy

something witty..

Screenshot_20190621-150403_Samsung Internet.jpg

17. Jun 21, 2019 at 9:38 PM #17

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

I have some feedback:

Would it be possible to show new posts immediately after you log in? Currently you have to click on a post to see recent other posts.

18. Jun 22, 2019 at 8:08 AM #18

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

There is an option at the top if you choose new posts ( top blue bar) it will give you all new posts

19. Jun 22, 2019 at 8:23 AM #19

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Whoops, my bad :)

20. Jun 22, 2019 at 10:11 AM #20

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

You are wonderful, believe me I have had questions about everything! And I’m a moderator o_O

loopytheone, Emmy and Unbasher like this.