The Greatest Bad Films Ever!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
Meatballs w/ Bill Murray

Really bad acting and really really funny (plus it was filmed in good ol' Canada)! Makes me want to go to summer camp :rolleyes:
I have seen it like 20 times :D

"Hey everyone, I'm Morty!"
"Hiiiiiii Mickey!"
"Uh..the name's Morty..."

Les Toil

Hands down....Kabluey.

When it started I thought to myself, "WTF!? This is going to be a complete waste of 2 hours of my life."

But in the end I wanted to watch it again because I knew I had missed some things.
I saw that DVD cover in your post and I literally said "WTF". I was also going to respond with those initials but I see you already covered that territory.

Is that a real movie?? And who the hell is Scott Penderghast???????

OIFMountaineer

Kilt Up.
If you go by ticket sales/ critic reviews, then I guess this counts, though you'll never hear me call it a bad movie...

Les Toil

Certain movies are put on the top of people's worst list not because they were among the very worst movies they've seen, but because they're either reacting against the mass praise the public and press gave it--or they just want to strongly get their point across that they hate the movie. Obviously I don't think "Forrest Gump" is one of the top worst movies ever made the same way I doubt the above poster thinks "Princess Bride" is one of the top worst films ever made. The worst movies ever made are movies most of us here haven't even heard of (with titles like "Kung-Fu Freddy Meets Dracula's Daughter" and "Beach Party Massacre part 5").

By the way, "The Happening" totally held my attention! It was M. Night Shyamalan's film before that, "Lady in The Pool", that made me want to storm the box office for my money back. There's a real "WTF" moment for your ass!

And I liked "Meatballs" to! It was like the Summer camp version of "Stripes"! :D

pdgujer148

Breakfast Messiah
"Sextette"

Starring Mae West, Timothy Dalton, Dom DeLuise, Tony Curtis, Ringo Starr, Alice Cooper, Keith Moon, & Regis Philbin.

Mae West was 84 when she starred in this sex comedy slash musical. The basic plot: West and Dalton (he's about 30 here) want to consummate :eek: their marriage, but they keep getting interrupted by wacky people and events.

Here is Timothy Dalton singing the Supremes classic "Stop In the Name of Love". I like to think that Pierce Brosnan holds this over Dalton's head whenever he tries to crack wise about "Mama Mia".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoCRgcKqb8M

Next up, old lady cruises the gay Olympics... Not really. Don't hit me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hctzwKRVzY

Keith Moon being awesome while West tries on dresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hybUjvc49I0

Alice Cooper, sans makeup, looking like the bastard child of Paul Anka and Barry Mannilow, sings a disco ditty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CO52Fe1mKU

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
Certain movies are put on the top of people's worst list not because they were among the very worst movies they've seen, but because they're either reacting against the mass praise the public and press gave it--or they just want to strongly get their point across that they hate the movie. Obviously I don't think "Forrest Gump" is one of the top worst movies ever made the same way I doubt the above poster thinks "Princess Bride" is one of the top worst films ever made. The worst movies ever made are movies most of us here haven't even heard of (with titles like "Kung-Fu Freddy Meets Dracula's Daughter" and "Beach Party Massacre part 5").

By the way, "The Happening" totally held my attention! It was M. Night Shyamalan's film before that, "Lady in The Pool", that made me want to storm the box office for my money back. There's a real "WTF" moment for your ass!

And I liked "Meatballs" to! It was like the Summer camp version of "Stripes"! :D
Exactly. If there were no hype about it, Forrest Gump would be a perfectly serviceable 2.5 stars out of 5 stars movie but all the hype conspires to make it a suckfest. Having every kid in my school quote the shit out of that movie really drove that point home.

In terms of just epically bad movies, I recently watched "Boom" starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. WOW. It's a huge flop from 1968 written by Tennessee Williams and is some odd metaphor about old queens. It is one of the single stupidest movies I have ever seen. How stupid? "Knowing" plus "Short Circuit 2".

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Cabin Boy... Ever since I brought this video home from the rental place, my wife doesn't let me select the movies by myself anymore...

Linda

Just Chillaxin.
I saw that DVD cover in your post and I literally said "WTF". I was also going to respond with those initials but I see you already covered that territory.

Is that a real movie?? And who the hell is Scott Penderghast???????

I swear...it's a real movie. I watched it with a friend. Check it out. It's artsy, off the wall humor sort of like Little Miss Sunshine or Napoleon Dynomite.

Scott Pendergast is the guy who actually wears the Kabluey outfit throughout the whole movie. Poor sap. lol

I forgot another movie....

The Kentucky Fried Movie. Really bad skits. But I laughed my butt off. A little outdated now-a-days but still a must see.

View attachment 193548~Kentucky-Fried-Movie-Posters.jpg

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
Try watching one of Adam Sandler's first movies. It's called "Going Overboard."

Here's a list of notable people in it:

Adam Sandler
Billy Zane
Billy Bob Thornton
Milton Berle
Every contestant in the 1988 Miss Universe pageant.

There is maybe one laugh in the movie for actual comedy...any others are at how awful the movie itself is.

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
The Kentucky Fried Movie. Really bad skits. But I laughed my butt off. A little outdated now-a-days but still a must see.
I saw The Kentucky Fried Movie at a midnight show at the Rockaway Mall in NJ back in 1981.

News Anchor: "The popcorn you're eating was pissed on - film at eleven."

:D

mergirl

Does anyone remember a film called "Howard the duck".. i just remembered it... i loved it when i was wee but i have a feeling it sucked!

phoenix92901

Does anyone remember a film called "Howard the duck".. i just remembered it... i loved it when i was wee but i have a feeling it sucked!
My daughter absolutely LOVED Howard the Duck and watched it every time it came on HBO. I was trying hard not to think about the beastiality angle. I mean c'mon... how was Leah Thompson going to get it on with a duck? Although he did have a nice bill... OMG, I have to stop thinking.

Vader7476

Divine Sith Lord
My friends and I have a bad movie night once a week. My favorite thus far is one of my own collection: Ankle Biters

...although, Cowboys Run is definitely up there.

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
My daughter absolutely LOVED Howard the Duck and watched it every time it came on HBO. I was trying hard not to think about the beastiality angle. I mean c'mon... how was Leah Thompson going to get it on with a duck? Although he did have a nice bill... OMG, I have to stop thinking.
That is a very odd movie. It seems to be mostly a kid's movie, but there are some weird/ scary moments and a humanoid lady duck with boobs. "Eat CLAW, duck!" was a choice line.

katorade

It becomes almost impressive when you find out that it had a budget of something like $1,000.

I know you can hear the rabid chihuahua noise:

"Take a left at the tree...THAT helps."

My vote for biggest POS ever made is Shark Attack 3: Megalodon....

When all of the footage of your monster is stock footage taken from documentaries...

When your special effects look like they were created in one afternoon in a high school A/V class by beginners...

When your leading man knows the film is such a stinker that he ad libs half of his lines into dire obscenities as a joke...AND YOU LEAVE THEM IN THE FILM...

When your villain looks like the "special" Olympics bastard son of Jaws (oh the irony) from Bond films and a Peter Seller's impersonator...

When you are willing to maybe give this movie the benefit of the doubt as being a by-product of the pre-technology dark ages in movie cinema of the '80s, and then you realize it was made in 2002...

When the realization that this is a THIRD in a series, and there are two predecessors to this stinking pile that are almost as bad...

I leave you with this evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc

With that said, I freaking love this movie.

Linda

Just Chillaxin.
My vote for biggest POS ever made is Shark Attack 3: Megalodon....

When all of the footage of your monster is stock footage taken from documentaries...

When your special effects look like they were created in one afternoon in a high school A/V class by beginners...

When your leading man knows the film is such a stinker that he ad libs half of his lines into dire obscenities as a joke...AND YOU LEAVE THEM IN THE FILM...

When your villain looks like the "special" Olympics bastard son of Jaws (oh the irony) from Bond films and a Peter Seller's impersonator...

When you are willing to maybe give this movie the benefit of the doubt as being a by-product of the pre-technology dark ages in movie cinema of the '80s, and then you realize it was made in 2002...

When the realization that this is a THIRD in a series, and there are two predecessors to this stinking pile that are almost as bad...

I leave you with this evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzd0R_OeOc

With that said, I freaking love this movie.

OMG! I love how the guy steals the womans life preserver and he jumps in, leaving her for certain death. Jumps right into the sharks mouth and she gets upset. You think it was because her life preserver was gone now? Couldn't be because of the d-bag! haha

Latest posts