The Greatest Bad Films Ever!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Squee360

Live Action, The Story of Ricky or Riki-Oh is especially bad. Avenging his girlfriends death/suicide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozQTQjVCcUg (so sad almost funny, mind you the sound isn't synced), is thrown into prison where he faces off against some of the prisons greatest fighters. It's just a lot of violence. The story doesn't add up half the time. But if you want fights like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np9L0Iu_5J8&feature=related the entire movie, go for it :)

Oh someone was nice to put the video on youtube in a 9 piece film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhLtB3n25c&feature=related

crazygood

Dagon and The Stuff

I had high hopes for Dagon, what with it being a H.P. Lovecraft story and all. This movie was badly acted and completely lacked suspense or any of the creepiness you would expect from watching folks being hunted by demon sea creature mutant things. I kept watching just to see the main guy finally get eaten by the fish people, but alas, he has a happy ending of sorts and I had lost an hour and a half of my life. :doh:

As for The Stuff, who in their right mind would just reach down, scoop up and eat something that looks like marshmallow fluff oozing out of the ground? :blink: Those fools got what they deserved!

Kbbig

Rock Star/Contortionist
Gosh I love this topic.

Here are my favorite worst movies ever. The first, and the one I saw most recently is 2012. It was so enjoyable for two reasons primarily: 1. because of the ridiculous amount of times they escaped on an airplane in danger of falling into an ever-growing cavern in the earth, and 2. because of the last lines of the film. For those who haven't seen it, there is a subplot in the film about how the little girl wets the bed and needs pull-ups. SPOILER ALERT (haha), after they are on the arc safely, the passengers are allowed to go onto the open decks. The little girl turns to her father and begins this exchange:
Lilly: "No more pull-ups"
Jackson (the dad): "Nice!"
The camera pulls away and dramatic music begins. The End. Isn't that great? I laughed for maybe 10 minutes afterwards.

The second film would be Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus. It stars Deborah Gibson and Lorenzo Lamas as scientists trying to figure out how to kill the titular sea creatures. They decide to pit them against each other, and go out in a submarine to watch the fight (I guess, I'm still not exactly sure why). It would probably be a good drinking game, because they use 3 or 4 clips of Mega Shark swimming, and the same for Giant Octopus, as well as for the submarine, and they just flip the clips horizontally from time to time. BTW, I found it on a torrent site and watched it with friends. I thought Netflix had it too. Both of these films are well worth your time.

Of course, Troll 2 is one of my favorite films ever, but it was mentioned already. Let me remind those who have seen it of the sex scene with the corn in the trailer. Greatest. Sex Scene. Ever. For those who do not know, go buy that film.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
The best horrible movie to watch is Jan-Gel made by Conrad Brooks.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261756/

Conrad had a small part in Plan 9.

My friend introduced me to this film. She said this man came up to her outsidse a Chinese place and asked her to trade him Chinese food for a copy of the movie. She bought him food and took the movie homeand was surprised to see he was the creator.

This is a good bad movie unlike

Mr. Holland's Opus which is a bad bad movie and I hate it with all my heart. :mad:

Adamantoise

Existing in several dimensions
I am guilty of liking 'The House By The Cemetery'-it is a pretty bad film with terrible dubbing and questionable acting,but there is something that drives me back to it. I prefer Lucio Fulcis' 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' (see avatar). :D

KHayes666

Go away
I am guilty of liking 'The House By The Cemetery'-it is a pretty bad film with terrible dubbing and questionable acting,but there is something that drives me back to it. I prefer Lucio Fulcis' 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' (see avatar). :D
Zombie Flesh Eater was the single worst "zombie" flick I've ever seen.

I actually put up a review of it 5 years ago on IMDB.com.

Without giving too much away, think zombies moving slower than turtles and human "running" away from them with the speed of a walrus on acid.

crazygood

I forgot two more really bad favorites! House, a terrible movie but I loved it as a kid. It had George Wendt and Richard Moll in it and the song You're No Good in the end credits!

The second is Dead End. The acting was atrocious but something about it draws me in. It's unintentionally funny, like many really great bad movies.

mejix

meh
not sure if it has been mentioned already -too lazy to check- but american movie is the best documentary about a bad film ever. highly recommend it.

Tiguan

This is awesome! It's almost too bad to watch in one go.
Thanks for posting this.
One of the worst movies EVER was "Holy Man."

Another was "Pluto Nash."

Funny.. they both star Eddie Murphy.

More:

1) "Dave"
2) "Bowfinger" (I laughed at that one)
3) .. More than i can remember.

Funny, kind of: "Showtime."

More BAD Movies:

1) BRUNO
2) GAMER (Came out 2009 they did)
3) "The Forgotten"
4) "The Pledge" with Jack Nicholson.

Tiguan

not sure if it has been mentioned already -too lazy to check- but american movie is the best documentary about a bad film ever. highly recommend it.
I saw that. Some parts of that movie were Very Funny!

I particularly liked the guy talking about paying the State of Montana his $58 Income tax.

And, he DID finish "Coven" ...

Great Reference!!!!!! :D

marlowegarp

I wanna meet that dad
That was cool. I like the bit where his stoner friend swears he made up the melody to "Iron Man" and proceeds to hum it as if neither of them has heard it before.

Agent 007

Shtick man
I hereby nominate Gymkata. A few years ago I saw that movie with a group of friends. Of course, we were all drunk so that made the movie palatable.

Reasons for nomination:
- The plot is just weird. A US government secret agent must win a a kind of obstacle course/martial arts competition in a Central Asian country...so that the US may install a monitoring system there to spy on the Soviet Union. :confused:
- Naturally, since the good guy in this movie works for the US, the villain works for the Soviet Union (a general who wants to commit a coup and sell the monitoring system to the Soviets).
- The movie takes place in a kingdom called Parmistan (sounds like a type of cheese), a stereotypical backwards oriental country.
- Parmistan is supposedly located near Central Asia/Afghanistan, but the actors who play the locals are blond-haired, blue-eyed WASPs.
- Throughout the movie the "Inverse Ninja Law" is applied.

MaxArden

Big, Bald, and Bright
Gymkata belongs in there...if only for the fact that that most of the people behind "Enter the Dragon" are responsible for it, the plot is pretty much identical...

"Blood Sucking Freaks", "Monster a Go Go", "Spider Baby", and "Robot Monster" -Worst Horror Movies Ever

willowmoon

Don't Panic!
One of the movies I absolutely HAVE to see is "Chairman of the Board" - starring (ahem) Carrot Top. It is supposed to be one of the worst comedies (if you can call it that .... apparently nobody laughed) out there. From what I read, it cost around $10,000,000 to make, and only took in a little over $300,000.

Ouch.

It just looks like one hell of a trainwreck of a movie. I think the challenge is going to be finding a DVD copy to be able to rent (I'm fairly confident I probably won't want to buy it) -- I mean what rental store would want to carry it? But then again maybe a store like Dollar Tree (where everything costs $1, even cheapo DVD's) MIGHT have like fifty copies just sitting there -- but then again, even they probably had enough insight to pass on it.

I'm just curious to see if it's worse than Battlefield Earth (and I barely survived that cinematic suppository). If I find a copy and watch it, I'll post a review on it.

If I manage to survive the experience, that is.

Tiguan

Gymkata belongs in there...if only for the fact that that most of the people behind "Enter the Dragon" are responsible for it, the plot is pretty much identical...

"Blood Sucking Freaks", "Monster a Go Go", "Spider Baby", and "Robot Monster" -Worst Horror Movies Ever
Does "Empire of the Ants" Count? I saw that one night on Sci-Fi during hte BEST Summer of my Life... and it WAS like 2 or 3 A.M. and i was up ALL SUMMER, it was Spectacular... High on Red Bull i hope that counts.. it was possible the BEST Summer of my Life! I enjoyed the Movie as people enjoy the "Planet of the Apes" Remake High.. But does that count?

Also, now that i think about it... is the FIRST "The Incredible Hulk" on there too? Or the "Superman" Movie from 2006? (I fell asleep in the Theater.)

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
When I am drunk and bored I usually watch Amazon Women on the Moon. Terrible film, but it's less than 80 minutes "long", and totally pointless.

lizzie_lotr

One of my favorite bad movies to watch; It's Pat!

The spin off movie of Julia Sweeney's character on Saturday Night Live.:)