• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Heavy Duty Hardware and Construction thread...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
This is a subject SocialBFly and I discussed a while back which I thought would be a good topic of discussion for all large sized folks and the people who admire them...

How to reinforce and fabricate household items, furniture, beds, or anything else that needed to support the weight of a heavy person, or be enlarged to comfortably fit a large sized person. This is the thread to ask questions or give tips on things that you have modified, reinforced or built from scratch!

I'll start with this tip...

Nylon insert stop nuts!

nylon_inserted_nut.jpg

One of the greatest problems heavy people have with items designed to support weight isn't so much the strength of the item or it's ability (or inability) to hold their weight, it's that the nuts and bolts rattle loose from the item (chairs, car seats, whatever...) These nuts are designed not to rattle loose over time and can be purchased at any typical hardware store.

Latest posts

Back