Quantcast

The Id's Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

The Id

Update #10:

--Bikini on the Beach: released.
--Next project: The penultimate RFK Girl. All previous plans above are true, except I lied earlier about one thing. It probably won't be the last girl. There is a chance, based on a great suggestion I got, that I will write another RFK Girl after this one, but it will be different in terms of who the girl is and who's telling the story. It would not be a water polo player.

Feedback, as always, is appreciated, and can be put in this thread.

The Id

Update #11:

--Christy: The Downward Spiral: released. This story is currently only on DA. It contains some aspects that I believe are in violation of the policies here at Dimensions. I have respect for these policies and feel that it's just best that this story is only up at DA as a result. I hope the word will spread through the community. For reference it includes (~BBW, ~MWG, ~Sex) for all of you searchers out there.
--Next project: Relax.

Yeah, that's right, I'm going to relax a bit. Now that might be two days or it could be a whole month. I don't know, but cranking out Bikini on the Beach and Christy in about a week and a half has been wonderful creativel, but it takes a lot of effort to write at that pace. It's also meant I haven't thought a whit about what my next project is, which is a much more practical reason I'm not launching into my next project. As outlined on my DA, there are three potential next projects: Kei, Chelsea 2, or Jenna 10. I go into the ramifications of each on my DA page (and I already know that Observer is probably going to lobby hard for Chelsea 2 ;)), but I'll weigh all of my options and make a decision once I've given the matter some good thought. I'll update you all here when I do have a decision.

Feedback is always appreciated, especially if you don't have a DA account and want to talk about Christy.

The Id

Update #12:

--Next project: Jenna 10

I've deicded that my next project will be Jenna 10, which I had outlined a little bit of (well now that I check, I actually did some pretty decent outlining by my standards), so I hopefully will hit the ground running when I do start writing...whenever that is. I'm holding off on Kei because of how I want to write that story, I think it would be better if I cap off at least Jenna, if not Tara (though I do want her to be the big finale), before I write her. Right now, after reviewing Chelsea, I don't have much inclination to expand on her. At this point I doubt I will, just because the areas I thought would be interesting to explore in a sequel were largely capped off in the story since it was intended to be a single shot. Is it my best story? No. But it will stand as it is for now.

Jenna 10 will be up here...whenever it's done. Beats me when that will be.

The Id

Update #12:

--Jenna 10: Weighty Affairs: released.
--Next project: Jenna 11. This will be the final installment of Jenna. I know some people would like more, and I'm glad that the series has found such a following. But all good stories must have a beginning, middle, and end. The time for the end has come for this story. I am working strenuously to make sure it's a real humdinger of an ending though! I definitely want to finish up Jenna and Tom's story arc in style.

The Id

Update #13

--Jenna 11: All The Way. The final installment of the Jenna series. It's been an awesome ride, but, to quote an episode of Columbo, "We'll go this far, and no further"
--Next project: Kei. Still in conceptual development. I feel I need to make my rough into ideas into a little more of a focused framework before I embark on this project. We'll see how long that takes.

The Id

Update #14

--Project dropped: Kei. I decided that my lack of inspiration when I very much wanted to write was indicative that this story was too ambitious and too much of a stretch. Rather than stew over a story that was going nowhere, I decided to abandon the project. That means...
--Next project: Tara 11. Many people have asked when I was going to continue Tara. Well, now is that time. I expect there will definitely be a Tara 12. However, I am skeptical there will be a Tara 13. Therefore, infer correctly that we will soon see the end of that story arc. That will not totally finish the RFK story arc, but it will move it very decisively to its conclusion.

As always, your thoughts and comments are much appreciated.

The Id

Update #15

--Tara 11--released!
--RFK Epilogue: Graduation--released! The big surprise. :D
--Next project: There are two ideas that I've had rattling around in my head. The first is doing a story in the vein of Jenna-Louise Coleman about Natalie Dormer. She's a gorgeous actress, but not at first sight. I think she'd make an excellent plumper and I have to say I've always loved reading celebrity WG.

The other option that I have every intention of pursuing is a college WG story that would be similar to the RFK Girls stories, except it would be a single story. I'd imagine it would have three female protagonists in it that are followed by the reader. Except it'd be college with people who can legally drink and have sex and all that fun stuff. :D

Thank you all for your continued support of the RFK Girls series. I hope you all find the ending fitting and enjoyable!

The Id

Audience participation time!

I'm going to do the aforementioned college story first, or at least start writing it. There's a chance I may split time with the Natalie Dormer story and write both at once, but right now my focus is on developing the college story. I do want to have multiple female protagonists to follow in the story, and have two different figures in my head already. I'd considered having up to three, so I thought I'd solicit opinions from all of you on who you'd like to see. These people can either be archetypal or they can be just the sort of girl you knew in college who you think would be good in a WG story. Right now I'll be including the very fertile grounds of the student-athlete and the sorority sister (the latter of course would be a sin to omit from a college story). But who else would people genuinely want to read about? The book worm? The tree hugger? The cheerleader? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Feel free to leave your suggestions in this thread, or to PM them to me.

BSfan

Have you considered using the super sterotype?

Snotty Rich Girl Cheerleader who joins a sorority?

The Id

Ha ha. That's actually funny enough that I'd consider using it. In my current formulations, there are three primary girls in the sorority I'm considering (with the usual transparently symoblic Greek letters for the name ;) ), and I don't think any of them fully fit the bill, but in the comings and goings of the various house members, somebody could well wind up that way. :D

Armadillojellybeans

chariots chariots
I just want more Id

Jenna, Tina, Tara, and Lynn are always so fun to read through, and I have always supported the Id, and will continue to

The Id

You will be pleased to learn I may have broken through a scene that was really stalling me on my next story. Hopefully things will move quickly from here on out.

The Id

A question for those few who check in here: I am now considering releasing my college story in installments (a la RFK Girls), rather than in one large chunk like Jenna-Louise Coleman. As readers, do you have any preference?

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
My persional hope would be for an anthology of stand-alone stories centered around the sorority a la the RFK group. Since a given story might have several chapters they could be posted together.

The Id

Update #16:

--College story: Under construction
--New story! See my DeviantArt for a Miley Cyrus WG story.

I was struck by sudden inspiration upon seeing a morph of Miley Cyrus (the link to said image is in both story parts) and decided to put the college story on pause to write a Miley Cyrus WG. I have purposefully not posted it here on Dimensions to be in accordance with their rules. I chose to have the early part of the story and a large portion of the WG be described in narrative, during which time Miley is a minor. Furthermore, though during the "action" part of the story, though Miley is an adult, the fact that she is currently a minor and will be for the next couple years could create a tough pickle in terms of how the rules are interpreted. I don't want to start a controversy (it's my understanding there are too many of those as it is around here), so I'm just linking to where the story is, just as I did with Christy, so that anyone who truly enjoys my work can find it and go see it there.

I hope you enjoy it and, rest assured, my next work should almost certainly be the college story (whenever that happens) which will be put up on Dimensions.

Latest posts