BHM The Improved You

Discussion in 'Recent Additions' started by Unbasher, Mar 7, 2019.

1. May 1, 2019 #81

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Chapter 14: Why can't we get along? (part 2)

Severin had to pull himself together not to stare at Mandy either. Thankfully their walk aided him in this resolve; instead of proceeding directly to the restaurant, they explored the walking paths around his house first before they turned their steps into the direction of the restaurant area, all the while conversing about everything that was not too personal. Again Severin felt this novel sensation, this incredible feeling of being alive, healthy and strong. How much time he had wasted shutting himself up indoors, eating himself out of shape… how might he have fared if he had made more of an effort to contact her after the accident? Yet even as Severin considered the issue, he realized he would never have worked up the nerve even if he had known she would have offered the quiet understanding she had given him so far. Then again, most likely she would not have offered it at the time.

"I'm getting hungry, what about you?"

Mandy's voice dissipated the clouds of Severin's somber reflections, and he turned to look at her, feeling better instantly.

"Me too."

He felt relieved that she had addressed the issue of nutrition. An overweight man admitting hunger to a skinny woman? Just pathetic. Over the years he had made the most of himself, but the fact remained that a man of his stature should be making the least of himself.

"So, what do you feel like?" Mandy asked, unaware of the somber direction his thoughts had taken.

"How about Italian?" Severin pointed to a glowing sign up the road, eager to turn back to the pleasant present. From the corner of his eye he saw Mandy shake her head.

"Although I'd love to, I need to go easy on dairy products. I have casein intolerance, which means my body can only tolerate little amounts in regular intervals, and I just ate a cheese sandwich yesterday."

Instantly Severin stopped in his tracks and turned to face her. "You have casein intolerance? Does that mean you had to stay away from dairy products every time you ate a Subway sandwich when we studied together?"

Again she shook her head. "No, I developed the intolerance about a year later. It's a bit annoying since lactose-free products don't help, but it could be worse.”

Severin had wondered what her secret was. So in addition to an undoubtedly active metabolism and regular exercise she had casein intolerance – no wonder she was still so slender. Her condition ruled out most snacks and deserts. Why couldn't he have such an intolerance?

"How about Thai then?" Severin suggested, remembering a restaurant just a few streets further.

"Thai is perfect."

Mandy smiled warmly up at him, and in that moment Severin could just about imagine how the waiter at the Mexican place must have felt. Mandy truly had a way of making people feel better about themselves.

Twenty-five minutes later, the two of them were digging into their fish and vegetable filled plates and the bowl of rice they were sharing.

"I love Asian cuisine," Mandy rhapsodized with a wide smile as she transferred another spoonful into her mouth, "exotic spices, coconut milk, and best of all: no dairy."

"I'm glad to see that you enjoy food. Nicky never did."

Whoops. Severin had never intended to blurt out that particular piece of information. What if Mandy interpreted it as a signal that he was opening up about the topic? Instantly he bowed his head and clamped his lips together, hoping her linguistic aptitude extended into the realm of body language. Indeed she did not pry, and a moment later Severin dared to raise his eyes to his plate again and resumed his meal.

"Can you cook?"

Her question was so abrupt that Severin fully focused on her without any qualms whatsoever.

"Can I cook? Uh, about as much as anyone I suppose."

He truly could if he take the time, which he hardly ever did. Add to that the fact that he had no one other than himself to appreciate the results.

"I mean, do you enjoy it?" Mandy probed, looking openly curious.

"I do, when I take the time that is. What about you?"

"I can manage anything that involves egg," she grinned, "other than that I'm pretty much hopeless."

Another reason why you're still so thin, it popped into Severin's mind, but this time he shooed it away immediately. The more time he spent around this cheerful woman, the less inclined did he feel to give into his lingering self-disparagement.

"And I don't want to learn either," Mandy continued, thankfully unaware of his thoughts, "there are so many other things that I would like to explore, and cooking is not one of them."

"There is nothing wrong with that,” Severin shrugged, "at least it helps you maintain your figure."

Darn it! he cursed himself instantly, why does this keep happening? If Severin had thought he had committed a major blunder when he had mentioned Nicole, this most recent remark was ten times worse. He hardly dared to raise his eyes to Mandy's, and when he did do it at last, he did not care in the least for Mandy's expression so perilously close to pity. It was not quite pity, more of a quiet understanding, but still Severin wished he could unsay those words.

"I have told you before: I don't care you've gained weight," Mandy stated simply, her calm gaze locked with his.

"Well, I do," Severin blurted before giving his mind a chance to process her words.

"Well, then you have three options." Mandy leaned forward. "Accept it, lose weight, or have surgery. At some point you've got to deal with what life has in store for you."

"Easy for you to say," Severin flung back at her, "evidently life has been nothing but kind to you!"

"'Evidently'!" Mandy hissed, tossing her napkin which she had just picked up back on the table. "And what evidence are you referring to? My appearance?" As if her own words had just dawned on her she sat up straighter. "Of course, because that's how you've always judged people: by their appearance!"

"And you haven't?" Severin snapped at her. "From the moment we met at university, you pigeonholed me as a lazy, narcissistic monster! Besides, what are you referring to?"

"My mom died of cancer three years ago."

Her voice broke on the word 'cancer', and her head dipped in defeat. Instantly Severin felt like the biggest jerk on the planet.

"Oh Lord. Mandy, I'm so sorry..."

Helplessly he sat there, feeling the pain radiating off Mandy's narrow shoulders, which were shaking with the silent tears she was trying to conceal from him. Even though he was feeling as powerless as most of his gender do in the face of a crying woman, Severin could not just let her cry alone. He was well aware that he would most likely screw up again, but he had to try. Cautiously but with determination, he scooted out of his side of the booth and crossed over to hers, finding himself once again confronted with the ramifications of his changed physique. Had he still possessed his old figure, he could simply have slid into the narrow space next to her, but with his new dimensions he depended on Mandy's cooperation.

With heightening shame and color, Severin therefore waited until she finally scooted over and let him take a seat beside her. Feeling like the clumsiest person in the history of men, Severin settled his left arm around Mandy and pulled her close to him. A frantic search for something soothing to say produced nothing, and so he simply sat there, holding her and hoping she would calm down soon. I was breaking his heart to see this cheerful woman in such agony – an agony for which he was responsible. At least no one in the restaurant was taking any notice of them, or if they were, they were tactfully keeping their distance.

Finally Mandy's sobs subsided and she placed her glasses on the table in order to wipe her eyes with her napkin. Feeling it to be the appropriate moment to remove his arm, Severin clumsily did so, feeling as if it did not belong on his body. At last Mandy scooted away a little further and turned towards him.

"We've got to stop doing that," she whispered, “making assumptions and jumping to conclusions about each other."

"Yes, we do," Severin agreed from the bottom of his heart. Where she was concerned, he had screwed up more than with any other person, and the fact that she was guilty of the same mistake did not excuse his behavior. "I'll try to be less touchy, OK?"

"And I'll make an effort to be less judgmental."

She drew a final ragged breath but was looking more composed now. It was the first time that Severin had seen her without her glasses, and despite the puffiness beginning to show around her eyes, he noticed that they were a blend of clear gray and blue. Nothing overly striking but nevertheless intriguing. As he had noticed in their first Micro tutorial, her mouth was a bit too wide, her nose a little too long and her face overall more angular than was considered beautiful for a woman, but her features could not help but draw attention. Add to that her remarkable height and slender curves, and it was no wonder that so many male eyes were always on her whenever she crossed a room.

"Friends?" she offered.

"Friends."

Severin truly wished that, and tentatively he squeezed her hand before sliding back out of the booth. When he had resumed his former seat, Mandy's glasses were back in place, as was her composure.

"So, when is your birthday?"

"Uh, my birthday?"

"Yes. Friends should know each other's birthdays," she replied simply.

"That makes sense," Severin agreed with a smile, grateful for her quick mind and tongue. "Mine is April 15, and yours?"

"July 12. I'm 26 years old."

"I'm 29."

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
    wiesoauchimmer likes this.
  2. May 1, 2019 #82

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Chapter 14: Why can't we get along? (part 3)

How intimate such a simple information exchange could feel. Processing the piece of information just entrusted to him, Severin could not help but be astonished. 26, that was still very young, and yet Mandy seemed much more mature, in particular given the fact that she had single-handedly streamlined the administration at her company. Even though Severin did not relish the prospect of his imminent 30th birthday – overweight and still partnerless with no expectation of that fate to change hardly constituted a reason to celebrate – being his own boss before said birthday was something to be proud of, too, at least he hoped so.

"My favorite color is apple green," Mandy continued, and Severin suppressed a sigh of relief that she had not asked him about his plans for the 'big birthday'.

"Uh, I don't think I have one," Severin admitted after a moment. "Blue I guess."

Anything with slimming qualities. Suddenly remembering something he had once unearthed in a Google search aimed at cultivating his atrophied social skills, he ventured a question of his own lest Mandy beat him to it again:

"Have you ever started applause?"

"What?" It took a lot to render this eloquent woman speechless, but it seemed Severin had done it. "I have, but where did that come from?"

"I just remembered coming across a webpage once that listed a number of unusual getting-to-know-each-other questions, and this was the first one that came to mind," Severin shrugged but could not suppress a feeling of triumph at having captured her interest.

"I'll have to Google those," Mandy smiled and leaned forward on her elbows. "What else do you remember?"

"Describe your procedure for eating an uncut apple."

"That's a great one, too!" Mandy beamed and the conversation resumed its easy flow. Uncanny how well they got along when they were not treading on each other's landmines. In the course of their 'game' during which Severin was careful only to ask questions to which he was willing to share the answer himself. For instance, he learned that Mandy liked the smell of fresh leather, had never broken a bone in her body and could roll her tongue.

"This is so much fun!" Mandy beamed after having swallowed another mouthful of her meal. "And your memory for these questions is admirable."

"Thank you," Severin accepted her praise gratefully. "A good memory is indispensable in my job since I need to remember a lot of information such as changing legislation."

"I can imagine."

"I do enjoy it, by the way," he added quietly, remembering her innocuous quip in the Mexican restaurant which had led to their first fight.

"I'm happy to hear that," Mandy commented softly, comprehending without any further elaboration. "And no one can beat that short commute of yours," she smiled at Severin, and although he would have liked to join in, he could not do so in a heart-felt way. His ultra-short commute as well as the large amount of sitting down were not at all conducive to a healthier lifestyle.

"Actually, as much as I appreciate the convenience, I would love to have a longer but still walkable commute. Regular walks would do me good," he could not help but answer. Despite his reluctance to let on how lonely and unhappy he was with himself, sometimes the burden just became too much to bear.

"Hey." Mandy's voice was soft and a little uncertain which did not exactly encourage him to lift his gaze to hers. "If you like, we can walk together on a regular basis, even on short notice if your schedule is too erratic to set fixed days and times."

The thought of tasting the fresh air and of finally putting his muscles to use while having a friend walk beside him sounded heavenly, and Severin finally looked up into her eyes again. "I'd like that."

"Great," Mandy offered a timid smile. "Depending on the hour, we could also cook together from time to time," she added with more confidence now.

Although Severin's initial feeling was panicky confusion, the notion of their cooking together rapidly began to look like an idea worthy of framing. Perhaps walking together in combination with regular dairy-free meals with lots of vegetables would finally do the trick. If only the scheme did not banish his post-dinner snacks from his menu...

"Severin?"

Severin's head snapped up as if Mandy had overheard his every thought. Judging by Mandy's concerned tone, she had at least picked up on his sudden mood change. "I can see why the thought of meal preparation with a cooking-impaired person would make you frown like that, but--"

"No, silly!" Severin would have laughed if the topic wasn't so delicate. "It's just that..." Oh heck, what's the use, he suddenly decided, Mandy was on to what he had been thinking anyway. "Aside from more exercise a healthier diet wouldn't hurt either."

Biting her lip, Mandy leaned forward and grimaced. "Uh, Severin, I didn't mean to imply--"

"I know you didn't. That doesn't mean it isn't true, though," he added on a sigh while Mandy's eyes continued to rest on him in helpless sympathy. Normally Severin would have snapped at her for that look of almost-pity, but all of a sudden he could no longer hold in what he had to deal with on a daily basis.

"You talked about my having three options earlier. Well, naturally I have tried losing weight but nothing has really worked so far. As for number two: I just can't face another surgery; I've spent enough time at the hospital to last me a lifetime. And acceptance?" Severin shook his head in rising despondency. "Never."

"If you would like to try again, I could help you lose weight," Mandy's soft voice broke through his clouds of despair like a ray of sunshine, but at the same time Severin felt every fiber of his body tense at her suggestion. Letting Mandy help him, no way.

"While I appreciate the sentiment, I've got to do this on my own," he mumbled, not meeting her eye.

"And why is that? You let your friends help you back then. We are friends now, too."

Severin barely suppressed a bitter scoff at her softly voiced objection. If she only knew. However, he only had himself to blame for her wrong assumption, having done nothing to rid her of her erroneous belief.

"That is different," he deflected her statement, purposefully remaining in the vague even though he already knew she would not let him off the hook so easily.

"Why should it be?" she proved him right indeed. "Why wouldn't you want me to help you?" she insisted, leaning forward, her eyes boring into his. She was fighting dirty without knowing it. How was he supposed to withstand that look in her eyes?

"Because it is not your place! And besides, it probably won't work anyway," Severin evaded.

"And how do you know?" she challenged him, not backing down one bit.

"I just do! Why are we fighting about this anyway? This is my business and that's the end of it!"

"Oh yeah, because Severin Meyers says, and as we all know, no other opinion counts for him besides his own! Darn it, Severin, I want you be there for you!"

"And why would you want that?" he erupted. "We haven't talked in seven years and were never friends before that, and all of a sudden you want to be best buds? Because it makes you feel needed or something? I told you, I don't need your pity! You of all people should understand since you hurled that in my face before you kicked me out of your life!"

"And who was responsible for that, huh? You were the one who used me! Who needs that?"

"I didn't use you!"

"You told your friend Jordan as much."

"I just said that because..." Just because... what? Severin paused. Because he had wanted to shut him up about his having met his match? Because deep down he had felt that Jordan was right?

"Because... what?" Mandy probed. She was like a dog with a bone.

"I don't know,” Severin mumbled vaguely.

"Great answer!" The dishes clattered under the impact of her palm assailing the tabletop. "Excuse me?" She turned in her seat and attracted the attention of a young waitress hurrying towards their table. "Could you bring us the check, please? And a box for this food?"

"Of course, Ma'am." the girl nodded quickly, a little taken aback by Mandy's sharp tone. Severin realized he must have upset her deeply to cause her to snap at an innocent third party.

A few minutes later he was experiencing another déjà-vu, the two of them stalking out of a restaurant, each of them clutching an aluminum container, and then Mandy's slim figure fading into the dark as she was heading back to her car by herself. Despite their recent resolutions they could not seem to restrain themselves around each other. How could they get along so well one minute and then be at each other's throats the next?

3. May 1, 2019 #83

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Number of restaurants they’ve yelled at each other in: 3

Number of times they’ve hugged: 2!!!!!
    (If you count the time Severin put his arm around her to comfort her, which I totally do. ;))

Progress!!!

Tad likes this.
  4. May 1, 2019 #84

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Also, I’ve been tying to figure out what the hat looks like for ten minutes, with no success. I’m a little fashion impaired, and googling coxcomb didn’t help at all. You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of something similar to show us? I think cool hats are fun~

5. May 1, 2019 #85

RVGleason

RVGleason

RVGleason

These are the closest I can find online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chubhandles and Tad like this.
  6. May 1, 2019 #86

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

That's the one!! I have one at home and am the envy of all kids when I show them how the visor works ;-) Glad you liked the chapter, too!

Chubhandles and RVGleason like this.
  7. May 2, 2019 #87

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Um.... that’s.... INCREDIBLE?!?!?!
    Why don’t I have one of those hats?!?!?

Thank you RVGleason!

RVGleason likes this.
  8. May 2, 2019 #88

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Sadly, mine is just sitting around since I've discovered I like headbands more than hats. Where do you live? ;)

9. May 3, 2019 #89

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Chubhandles

Just an ocean away from you! XD

Now that I know what to look for, though, I found a lot of places that sell them online, so if I ever have a medieval themed party in the winter I know the perfect hat to keep my head warm... :D

10. May 4, 2019 #90

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Chapter 15: In and into you (part 1)

No message was waiting for Severin in his in-box, neither in his corporate nor his private one, nor did he feel inclined to send one this time. Their latest fight had caused him to almost lose all hope at the friendship they had both professed to desire.

The weekend passed like all others – with work. As long as Severin kept working, he was able to keep Mandy confined to the fringes of his conscious mind, but the longer the silence between them was stretching on, the less effective this usually so reliable cure proved to be. He missed her. He missed everything about her; her smile, her wit, but also her stubbornness and her tendency to bicker. Severin finally broke down on Tuesday afternoon and texted her.

'I need to see you.'

In order to while away the time until she would – hopefully – reply, Severin shut down his computer and arranged his papers into neat stacks in order to facilitate a fresh start on the next day. And still his phone remained stubbornly silent. It was no use, he admitted to himself at last, and rose to his feet. He had to meet her in person.

Within ten minutes he had reached the Waldhorst premises and parked across the street, not giving a fig that he was perilously close to becoming a stalker. With trembling fingers he reached for his phone to call her, only to detect that a new message had arrived. Fleetingly he wondered why he had not heard his phone chime, only to remember the noisy workout he had inflicted on his SUV's engine on the way here.

'When and where?'

Severin fell back against the back and headrest of his seat, clutching his phone like a lifeline. She wanted to meet with him. With his heart pounding in his chest, he typed back:

'Now? I'm across the street from you.'

'No, you're not, I'm at a stationary store in your area. Can we meet at your house?'

Although Severin had planned to meet her on neutral ground, such as at a café, he recognized the wisdom of Mandy's suggestion. His house was probably best in case he failed to make amends and they parted on even worse terms. Another public altercation was more than he could bear.

'I'll be right over.'

'Right over' indeed, Mandy thought, feeling her throat constrict as she watched the pale and sleep-deprived-looking man disembark from a black SUV. The sight made her realize that she had never seen his vehicle before, but she fleetingly noted this bulky Ford suited him to perfection. There was so little they knew about one another, and yet she felt she knew and understood him deeply. This man could rile her like no other and was irritating beyond expression, but at the same time Mandy had missed him like she had never missed anyone, something she only realized now that they were cautiously approaching each other.

Not even the gregarious, ribald company of her co-workers had managed to lift her spirits sufficiently on the weekend. Why does he hold such power over me? she wondered with something akin to anger. Why did a few weeks of regular exposure to him suffice to make her yearn for a place in his life? Severin, the great mystery that pulled her in like nothing or no one else could.

And now they were standing on his flagstone path in intense silence.

"I guess you'd better come in," Severin broke it at last in a hoarse voice.

Once inside, Mandy turned to him: "No appointments or calls this afternoon?"

He shook his head slowly, his grave eyes never leaving hers. "Anything can wait but this."

Again they eyed each other in silence, each second intensifying what Mandy felt for him. And suddenly she could no longer hold back. She slipped her right hand underneath his open coat, the other one around his neck, rose up on tiptoe and claimed his lips. Instantly she could feel him returning the kiss. His hands fumbled with her coat until he had worked the zipper down and he pushed the coat off her shoulders. He pulled her closely against him, and for the first time Mandy was treated to the full extent of his new dimensions for longer than a hug. Soft flesh molded against her sharp bones, and Mandy was consumed by warmth, desire and the overwhelming realization that they fit perfectly. Impatiently she yanked his coat off him as well and heard it drop to the floor while she kept on sucking, tasting and taking.

Although Mandy could never describe what Severin tasted like, it felt like the only taste she would ever accept in her mouth from now on. Her hands roamed over his expanded contours and finally came to rest on his ample rear. She seized and kneaded and could not get nearly enough of him even though there was plenty to be had. Then she felt him work on her rear as well and heard him groan as plunged his tongue deeper.

"Upstairs.”

Mandy almost did not understand the single raspy word but instantly comprehended when he yanked his lips off hers and tugged at her hand. Wordlessly they pulled each other up the stairs until they had reached the second floor that featured another coat rack and a single chair in front of a white door. Severin extracted out a key chain from his side pocket with visible difficulty and impatience, finally working the front door open, while Mandy unzipped her boots and kicked them away. Severin's shoes shared their fate a second later.

Kissing like two starving people, they stumbled inside onto a vast expanse of beige carpet. Severin kicked the door shut and started pulling them towards a door on his right. Despite the heat between them, however, Mandy could not help but stop short when he pulled her inside an austere, sparsely furnished bedroom. Her overtaxed mind could hardly muster the mental capacity to take everything in, yet every fiber recoiled at the prospect of intimacy in these cold surroundings.

"Not in here," she breathed, shaking her head, and pulled at Severin's hand.

"Just a sec."

His hand broke contact with hers for a moment before he crossed over to his dresser, but before Mandy could utter one note of protest, he was back and dragged her into an open living/dining/kitchen area. Mandy barely took in the modern fireplace, a brown couch and an open kitchen. They left a textile trail – her sweater, his shirt, their socks – in their wake as they progressed clumsily towards the couch, all the while sucking at each other's mouths as though they were being paid for it. Both of them were still wearing way too many darn clothes, Mandy thought, and she began to yank Severin's T-shirt out of his jeans before seeing him freeze and feeling his warm, soft hands cover hers, forestalling all further movement.

"Please don't."

Instantly Mandy understood Severin's desire to preserve his dignity, and despite her disappointment she did not insist. This single word, so heart-breakingly close to fear, sufficed to dissipate her indignation at being denied her rightful share of him. Instead, Mandy proceeded by yanking every stitch of clothing except her panties off herself. He could have all of her even if he was not ready for her to see all of him. Fleetingly she noticed she had made a clever underwear choice this morning. She might still be a skinny nerd, but at least she was a skinny nerd in burgundy lace panties.

However, apparently Severin was not ready to claim all of her either. With self-consciousness clearly written all over his features, he roamed his eyes over Mandy's exposed flesh but did not dare to reach out. Gently Mandy took possession of his left hand, placed it on her right breast, and after a moment's hesitation his fingers began to stroke it tenderly. His other hand followed not long after, and apparently his discomfiture was eased.

Severin's warm fingers felt so right on her body that Mandy closed her eyes, letting herself get lost in the sensation. He was infinitely tender as though he was afraid to break her, and with each soft stroke her desire soared. At last Mandy could take it no longer; she opened her eyes and drew closer to him. She caught a glimpse of surprise on his face as she nudged him backwards towards the couch until his knees hit the cushion, and he reached out behind him to control his fall. Swiftly Mandy claimed the spot on his wide thighs, gasping when his belly made contact with hers, and placed her lips on his again. It was as if she would never get enough of his lips and his taste. Her panties were soaking wet by now, and judging by the lack comfort on Severin’s lap, he was extremely aroused as well.

Enough, Mandy decided, she could wait no longer. Before Severin knew what hit him, Mandy broke their labial contact, rose to her feet and grabbed the waistband of his briefs. Their eyes connected with an intensity that should have burned holes into their respective heads, and at last Mandy saw him nod. That was all she needed. Within a second the briefs were off and she stepped out of her panties as well. Her glasses were next, and her myopic eyes could just make out Severin shedding his as well. When Mandy moved to reclaim her spot, she saw that Severin was ripping open a foil packet. Mandy watched him protect himself with impatience and saw him grab the enticing bulge around his middle to make room for her until she was finally able to lower herself onto his throbbing erection.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
  11. May 4, 2019 #91

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Chapter 15: In and into you (part 2)

Mandy almost would have yelled out to God, Jesus and any other spiritual leader who would listen. If she had not known that this was just the beginning, she could have died a happy woman right here and now. It was as if everything in this life finally made sense, as if their connection made her complete. Only when Mandy heard Severin release a sharp exhale, did she understand he was experiencing the same sensation as she was, and a moment later she felt his warm hands on her bare back, cradling her closer, then sliding down underneath her rear. Wordlessly but by no means soundlessly did they work together, each movement bringing her closer to the point Mandy knew she had wanted to reach with him the moment she saw him get out of his car.

She came as fast as she only ever had when entertaining herself. No man had ever brought her to that point when all sound fled from the world and lights exploded in her head. Mandy was still in the throes of that incredible sensation when she felt Severin grab her by the hips, pushed himself off the couch and somehow managed to transfer them both of the couch, still joined, and down to the floor onto a blanket. A blanket? Mandy's addled mind only wondered briefly how that had gotten there, then it refocused instantly on the blurry face above her whose owner started to move in her and picked up speed. She felt too weak to even lift her arms even though she longed to grab whatever she would be able to reach. Soon, all too soon before she had another chance, she felt Severin convulse, and with an almighty groan he came. A moment later, Mandy realized she was lying on top of him and felt his hands move her into a comfortable position where she finally came to rest.

At first it was as if her senses had blown like fuses. Mandy could barely hear their labored breathing and only just registered the warmth that engulfed her. Then, gradually, Mandy began to feel fabric underneath her breasts, silkily smooth skin beneath her limbs and breathed in Severin's indescribable scent. It had really happened. This was Severin beneath her. Sluggishly, as though they had just finished a marathon, Mandy fumbled around until her fingertips made contact with Severin's hair and slowly ran them through the soft disorder. How smooth it felt, just like his skin which was merely dusted by a light layer of hair. Nothing mattered but lying here on top of him and feeling him so close. Nothing mattered, and nothing else came to mind either.

"You know," Mandy finally convinced her sluggish tongue to voice, "until now I never fully understood the term 'mind-blowing'."

An avid reader of romance novels, she had always gagged over the way their writers elaborated on their characters’ sexual exploits in extensive detail. If someone had such mental capacity to spare for such a minute rendition, the sex could not have been as great as the characters always purported post-coitally, could it? When a couple knew one another more deeply and intimately and the rosy haze had worn off, Mandy allowed for a more conscious experience, but not at the first time.

However, after what she had just shared with Severin, she was afraid that she would have to join the ranks of those she had always mentally retched upon, because despite the whirlwind in which she had been caught ever since they had grabbed one another, no detail of the past - 5? - minutes had escaped her. She already knew that she would replay each particle of those details over and over tonight.

Contrary to Mandy, Severin had grasped the term 'mind-blowing' early in his life. However, what he had failed to experience and comprehend so far was lack of control. No matter how much he had enjoyed his sexual exploits, he had always felt in charge. Not so when it came to Mandy. That woman had always managed to open him up, mostly against his will, and now she had done it again. Not the 'against his will' part of course, but it had been she who had taken the lead from the first moment.

Severin could feel the distant sensation of Mandy smiling against his cheek. It felt as if he had no control over any part of his body, mind or heart – in particular the latter two. It was as if they were racing against each other, alternatingly gaining the lead before losing it again. His head knew what they just did but failed to understand why. His heart was bursting with a plethora of emotions and could not settle on any.

Where had all that come from? Had they felt something for each other all along? At the restaurant they had fought bitterly once again, so how come Mandy was lying on top of him now, smiling? She felt so perfect in his arms, so small and yet so tall. Her skin was unbelievably smooth and she fit him as though she was made for him. What would happen when he let her go? What would she say, and what did she expect him to say? What did she expect from him? Where would they go from here?

Oh God, I have slept with one of my clients! he suddenly realized, almost blurting the words out loud. OK, not really, he reflected more calmly, she is an employee, not the owner. And even if she were the owner, he would not tweak any laws for her just because they had been intimate. What were they to each other now? A few days ago it had seemed as if they could never be friends, and now they had slept together?

A gentle touch yanked him out of his swirling thoughts. Mandy was running her hand along his right side where his T-shirt had ridden up. When she had started to pull it out of his jeans, he almost would have let her before he remembered what lay beneath was no longer desirable and might extinguish the fire in her eyes just as fast as it had ignited. So why would she willingly touch the hideous flab? Although Severin wanted to still her movement, he could not muster the energy, so sweet was her touch to his flesh which had gone untouched for seven years. At last, however, his head won out over his deepest desires, and he placed his hand gently over hers.

"Would you like to shower?"

Apparently Mandy had not expected the question, and it took her a while to raise her head. Her hair was mussed and her lips still swollen from their kissing spell, and yet the sight of her was like a ray of sunshine in Severin's gloomy world.

"I never thought the day would come when I would credit you with a brilliant idea," she finally smiled, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Smart-ass." Severin's retort slipped out as if they had been sitting in their old study room, and finally he felt his facial muscles unfreeze and return her smile. "The bathroom is that door over there. There are plenty of fresh towels in the cupboard. Feel free to use my shower gel."

For a moment Mandy looked as if she could not make up her mind whether to be disappointed or not. What would she be disappointed about? Had she expected him to shower with her? The mere notion made Severin want to cringe, although a small part of him longed to accompany her.

Mandy shook her head now, an expression of apology shaping her features. "Thanks for the offer, but I'm allergic to most hygiene products and have to use a special brand. I'll just make do with water."

Casein intolerant and prone to allergies? My poor Mandy... Uh, hang on, he interrupted himself, 'my'?! Pushing the unbidden pronoun aside, Severin chose to answer, "All right. Take as much time as you need."

Showers do work wonders, Mandy discovered a few minutes later. Letting the strong water jet thunder on her bowed head seemed to flush out everything but the key conclusions of this bizarre half hour.

Severin and she had slept together.

Something had to have been between them all along.

They both needed to think about what had happened and to talk as soon as possible.

Initially she had hoped that Severin's suggestion of a shower would include himself, but suddenly she felt relieved he had not joined her after all. He had barely been able to maintain eye contact when he had let her go a moment ago, and she was in need of some serious soul-searching as well. When she emerged from the bathroom ten minutes later, Severin had dressed and was looking reasonably composed. Wondering whether her face looked as frozen as it felt, she approached him slowly, feeling as if she was walking on stilts.

"I'm done."

"OK." There was nothing to deduce from his face or tone.

"Listen, Severin..." Mandy ran a long, thin hand through her wet hair, "I have no idea what happened just now. I mean, I don't regret one second but I... I need some space and some time to myself right now. Plus, I have my CAD class tonight. Would it be all right if I left now?"

Severin's face reflected his astonishment, relief, and something that might have been admiration, possibly of her head-on approach. To Mandy there was nothing admirable about her reaction. Honesty had simply never let her down, and in situations such as these it provided her with at least a modicum of outward composure.

"Of course," Severin nodded and rose to his feet. "Let me walk you out."

Mandy shook her head at his evidently half-hearted offer. "Thank you, but I'll show myself out."

"All right." Severin looked as if she was uncertain whether to feel relieved or rebuffed.

"Bye," Mandy lifted up one hand in a small wave, delivered a tiny smile and turned.

"Bye," Severin only mumbled, and a few seconds later the door clicked shut behind her.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2019
  12. May 4, 2019 #92

thatsnimpossible

thatsnimpossible

thatsnimpossible

AHHHH THIS IS AMAZING <3 I wish he'd showered with her and she hadn't just left :'( the suspense is always excruiciating haha. I love the characters and I love your writing xxx

wiesoauchimmer likes this.
  13. May 4, 2019 #93

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

This is such a great story; i had a couple false starts in the beginning, but i started reading halfway through and quickly got it into it/was able to go back!

Moar please

14. May 5, 2019 #94

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Glad you guys like it!! Yeah, I'm mean, dragging it out like that, I know ;-)

Xyantha, what do mean by "false starts"?

15. May 5, 2019 #95

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

I tried to start at the beginning about ten times and couldn’t get any connection with the characters/keep stop reading. That start reading and stopping is a false start to me.

When I jumped to the middle I felt that excitement and connection, so now I’ll be able to commit to the beginning!

That isn’t a dig; there have been great books that I have had to do that with (wheel of time comes to mind)

16. May 5, 2019 #96

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

No offense taken, I'm aware it starts slow :)

17. May 5, 2019 #97

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Lots of great ones do, and I am super “guilty” of that myself ;)

18. May 5, 2019 #98

Alicewhite

Alicewhite

Alicewhite

This is so well written! You simply MUST post more, and soon!

19. May 6, 2019 #99

Unbasher

Unbasher

Unbasher

Alice, thank you :) I post every few days.

20. May 6, 2019 #100

exjock

exjock

exjock

Just an incredibly well paced story!