The issue with dimensions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintsplotch

paint me happy
not going down that route again. I stated my point very clearly regarding that matter, but unfortunately my thread was hijacked by people who disagreed, and I ended up getting banned with my thread closed. So not really bothered into getting into another argument.

I am however conducting a social experiment, and will write up my findings on here in due course on what size people are eating on transport to differentiate fact from fiction.
:eek: instead i suggest therapy. your social experiments are not welcome here.

wtf dude...... wtf. :doh:

:::looks in closet for the boxes of woopass she was savin just for an occasion like this:::

:mad:

and "That would be size-ist, and I am not size-ist." really? really. no really...... wtf? your whole posting history just makes me feel all craptastic and crankie.... sigh. this is supposed to be a positive site... and well..... you are not a positive person. sad really. i think for alot of people of size, it took alot for us to feel confidence and love for who we are. we do not need more negativity. perhaps you meant to be on a different forum?

with all sincerity, i hope your postings stop or are banned. you make people sad/upset/angry/and all around pissy. thats just not cool dude. not at all.

mango

Mustachio Nut
Well.... since you didn't respond to my posts when I addressed them to you as 'Heyyou', maybe I can get some sort of response while your schizophrenia is still in 'thing uy' mode.

Sadly, nepotism seems to come into play in these forums. If you make a statement which does not contravene any ethical/moral standards, but is in disagreement to a “regular” posters viewpoint, then for that you can get “banned”.
Is it really nepotism when a forum founded on fat admiration and size acceptance bands together under siege from opinions about how fat women shouldn't eat on public transport amongst other scary points of view *face twitch*, coupled with your alias army of contrary opinions?

I'd like to know how many other people from this forum shared your opinion that fat women should refrain / be ashamed of themselves for eating on public transport and reinforcing what you believe to be a negative stereotype? :confused:

You might think its brave to come out and go against the grain making your statements which may, to you, seem revolutionary - but they contradict what I believe to be the essence of these forum boards.

You may even find that an even bolder act would be to admit that maybe you were wrong and actually show empathy with the people you profess to admire and find attractive.

Until you make such steps, you will continue make your offensive posts and skirt the boundaries of what's acceptable here, get the timeout bans and, as I put it to you under your Heyyou guise, be considered a troll.

Personally, it does not affect me greatly if someone bans me, because I am an infrequent visitor.
Then why are you complaining about acts of nepotism / crucifixion if it doesn't affect you greatly?? :confused:

I joined this site because I am attracted to fat women and because I do not like the discrimination against fat people, and I post when I get the time to post, on topics that matter to me.
And yet you discriminate against fat women in the most seemingly innocent of public situations. I just wonder how many you care to know in real life (in any of your guises)?? :confused:

If some moderator wishes to ban me to please their friends, then that is that moderator’s prerogative, and I have no rights because when I signed up, I had to agree to the TOA which basically say that the moderators have the right to ban anyone without giving an explanation. So I accept that. But the moderator needs to have a real long look at themselves, and ask what the reason of their being a moderator is. Is it to keep nasty comments from appearing on this site, or, is it to keep comments which they or their friends might not agree with from appearing on the site? And if it is the latter, then the fat community (which is fat people and non-fat people alike) as a whole needs to take a real long at itself and decide whether censorship of differing viewpoints is what they really want?
Wow. You're a real rebel in desperate need of a cause.

I don't think the online community needs to take any more long hard looks at itself... I believe we already do more than enough navel gazing.

:rolleyes:

well, you can continue to believe what you believe, I actually raised a few issues on topics which other people were not willing to discuss in case of being politically incorrect, but I don't care about that pc stuff, if I feel it needs to be raised for the benefit of the fat community, I will raise it
Being a dickhead =/= being politically incorrect.

You can choose to respond to me in either your 'Heyyou - arrogant don't-give-a-shit' persona or your 'thinguy - fight for my warped rights' mindset.

This is like arguing with some schizophrenic split personality with some sort of bizarro Ed Norton / Tyler Durden Fat Club personality complex who REFUSES TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR AND ADMIT WHAT THEY ARE. :doh:

So in a sense, you are right in that someone is in dire need of taking a long hard look at their self/selves but any decent psychoanalysis would reveal that you are clearly looking in the wrong direction.

A clearcut case of shadow projection here. :blink:

paintsplotch

paint me happy
i was just thinkin.... we give thinguyforbbw too much "power"/leverage by constantly responding to his negative (and ignorant) posts.

i mean... even I did it... i admit i got sucked in and let him get to me.... and thats just it.... sigh.... its people like him that need to be ignored......
it we want him to be banned, we should not respond to him... just post to the moderator of the site?

otherwise... i think we just end up stooping to his level and ultimately, because he got a rise out of us...... he wins. and well... i think that would suck.

i say silent treatment is the way to go... (after i went and blabbed previously on this thread instead of taking a step back and not letting my emotions take over)

now excuse me as i go figure out if i wanna be the pot or the kettle.... hmm..... they are both black...... gee......

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
I am however conducting a social experiment, and will write up my findings on here in due course on what size people are eating on transport to differentiate fact from fiction.
No you're not, nobody in the entire history of trolling has ever written a paper on the grand social experiment they're suddenly working on when legitimate members call them out on their cuntery. It's a pathetic defense mechanism, proof that you lost whatever argument or point you were making.

U MAD?

CleverBomb

On Space Out
not going down that route again. I stated my point very clearly regarding that matter, but unfortunately my thread was hijacked by people who disagreed, and I ended up getting banned with my thread closed. So not really bothered into getting into another argument.

Very well then...
State your thesis.
Lay out all of the data you have accumulated, to include data gathered from the subject group and the control group, if any. If no control group used, explain why. If one was used, explain why it constitutes a valid control group.
Explain how that data set constitutes a statistically valid sample in terms of both scope and diversity.
Clarify any steps you have taken to ensure that your research methods have not biased the data you have collected.
Explain how the data supports your thesis.
Explain why data that does not support it does not invalidate it.
And so forth. You know, the usual sort of things that any serious researcher would have already done.

I don't imagine that a serious reply to this will be forthcoming, for reasons laid out by Wild Zero, above.

-Rusty

thinguyforbbw

Well.... since you didn't respond to my posts when I addressed them to you as 'Heyyou', maybe I can get some sort of response while your schizophrenia is still in 'thing uy' mode.
Reading this thread, heyyou seems like a very conservative person, whereas I am on the far left. So we have little in common. But if trying to make it seem that heyyou and I are the same person so that the people who disagree with your views can be less in numbers, then cool, feel free to think that.

I'd like to know how many other people from this forum shared your opinion that fat women should refrain / be ashamed of themselves for eating on public transport and reinforcing what you believe to be a negative stereotype? :confused:
I never said they should be ashamed.

You might think its brave to come out and go against the grain making your statements which may, to you, seem revolutionary - but they contradict what I believe to be the essence of these forum boards.
I do not want to be seen as a revolutionary. I just want to be able to express my views on matters that are important to me.

You may even find that an even bolder act would be to admit that maybe you were wrong and actually show empathy with the people you profess to admire and find attractive.
I do agree that I do not know that woman's situation, maybe she had left her house without breakfast, and was therefore eating on the train, or maybe she was feeling unwell, and was thus eating. In which case, I have no issue with that.

Until you make such steps, you will continue make your offensive posts and skirt the boundaries of what's acceptable here, get the timeout bans and, as I put it to you under your Heyyou guise, be considered a troll.[/B]
Name calling does not hurt me. People are entitled to their opinions, if they think I am a troll, fine, they can think that and they can ignore me. If they think I make some serious points, then they can discuss them with me.

Then why are you complaining about acts of nepotism / crucifixion if it doesn't affect you greatly?? :confused:
It does not affect me personally, but I think it will affect the fat community if any view that goes against the status quo gets censored.

And yet you discriminate against fat women in the most seemingly innocent of public situations. I just wonder how many you care to know in real life (in any of your guises)?? :confused:
I said it before, I have no fat lady friends, unfortunately.

thinguyforbbw

your whole posting history just makes me feel all craptastic and crankie.... sigh. this is supposed to be a positive site... and well..... you are not a positive person. sad really. i think for alot of people of size, it took alot for us to feel confidence and love for who we are. we do not need more negativity. perhaps you meant to be on a different forum?

with all sincerity, i hope your postings stop or are banned. you make people sad/upset/angry/and all around pissy. thats just not cool dude. not at all.
I am sorry if I made you feel bad about yourself, but, read my screenname - I love fat women. You can't get more positive than that.

thinguyforbbw

Very well then...
State your thesis.
Lay out all of the data you have accumulated, to include data gathered from the subject group and the control group, if any. If no control group used, explain why. If one was used, explain why it constitutes a valid control group.
Explain how that data set constitutes a statistically valid sample in terms of both scope and diversity.
Clarify any steps you have taken to ensure that your research methods have not biased the data you have collected.
Explain how the data supports your thesis.
Explain why data that does not support it does not invalidate it.
And so forth. You know, the usual sort of things that any serious researcher would have already done.

I don't imagine that a serious reply to this will be forthcoming, for reasons laid out by Wild Zero, above.

-Rusty

Unfortunately, so far I have come across very few people eating on transport. After I saw that woman, I decided I will take note of the people eating, and hopefully, I will come to the conclusion that fat women are not eating more than other people on the train, and we can then use this study to point out to ignorant people that it is just a stereotype that fat women are greedy. You see, unlike other people who just sit here and talk smack all day long, I am here to make positive contributions that will help fat people fight against the real issues they are facing.

So far I have come across 4 people eating on the train since that day,
thin woman, 20s, healthy - sandwich
fat woman, 20s, unhealthy - chocolate bar
thin woman 40s, healthy, baguette
thin woman 20s, unhealthy, pizza!

These numbers are way too small a sample to draw any meaningful conclusion, it does seem to reaffirm my view though that women tend to eat more than men.
Because it is not often I see someone eating, I would be more than happy to take in figures from other people, and hopefully we can get enough samples to draw a meaningful conclusion that can help to dispel the myth that fat people are eating more than others.

frankman

The Eternal Cowboy
Unfortunately, so far I have come across very few people eating on transport. After I saw that woman, I decided I will take note of the people eating, and hopefully, I will come to the conclusion that fat women are not eating more than other people on the train, and we can then use this study to point out to ignorant people that it is just a stereotype that fat women are greedy. You see, unlike other people who just sit here and talk smack all day long, I am here to make positive contributions that will help fat people fight against the real issues they are facing.

These numbers are way too small a sample to draw any meaningful conclusion, it does seem to reaffirm my view though that women tend to eat more than men.
Because it is not often I see someone eating, I would be more than happy to take in figures from other people, and hopefully we can get enough samples to draw a meaningful conclusion that can help to dispel the myth that fat people are eating more than others.
Couple of things:

- An exclamation mark after stuff that arouses you is not science.
- Guessing the health status of people that you don't know is not science.
- "Greedy" is not the word you're looking for.
- Science to stick it to people with whom you disagree is biased and therefore not science.
- Not letting subjects know they're in an experiment is not science, and bad banners
- Calling persons "samples" is not science.
- Coming up with 4 fantasy women eating on a train as a defense for getting caught on your bullshit is not science, not mature, and a bit insulting.
- Fat people are better off with the existing stereotypes than with your pre-school "science" project. At least the ones who still want to be taken seriously from time to time are.

But most of all:

- Asking other people to join your insipid project and to provide you with, well, let's call it data for the sake of arguments (hint: IT'S NOT), so you can cream over some more "samples", and splatter some "meaningful conclusions" in a tissue is not science.

Just have a nice cup of shut the fuck up, read some posts, try to figure out what the rules are (hint: there's a sticky thread called "The Rules"), and for godsakes stop trying to impress people: this is a forum with so many people that there is always someone that's much smarter than you or who's actually in the line of work you're trying to bullshit your way into, so that you NEVER get away with such unfocussed lying. Either go all the way and make it believable, or just lay low and figure out why your stupidity is found to be insulting.

thinguyforbbw

Couple of things:

- An exclamation mark after stuff that arouses you is not science.
- Guessing the health status of people that you don't know is not science.
- "Greedy" is not the word you're looking for.
- Science to stick it to people with whom you disagree is biased and therefore not science.
- Not letting subjects know they're in an experiment is not science, and bad banners
- Calling persons "samples" is not science.
- Coming up with 4 fantasy women eating on a train as a defense for getting caught on your bullshit is not science, not mature, and a bit insulting.
- Fat people are better off with the existing stereotypes than with your pre-school "science" project. At least the ones who still want to be taken seriously from time to time are.

But most of all:

- Asking other people to join your insipid project and to provide you with, well, let's call it data for the sake of arguments (hint: IT'S NOT), so you can cream over some more "samples", and splatter some "meaningful conclusions" in a tissue is not science.

Just have a nice cup of shut the fuck up, read some posts, try to figure out what the rules are (hint: there's a sticky thread called "The Rules"), and for godsakes stop trying to impress people: this is a forum with so many people that there is always someone that's much smarter than you or who's actually in the line of work you're trying to bullshit your way into, so that you NEVER get away with such unfocussed lying. Either go all the way and make it believable, or just lay low and figure out why your stupidity is found to be insulting.
Here again is a case of people putting words in my mouth.

Come on Dims, when will you wake up and accept that just because someone has a different opinion than you, it does not give you the right to do a false character assassination of them?

I never said the study is "scientific".
The purpose of the study is to give some credibility against negative stereotypes.
I was not stating the health status of the person, but the food.
And "Not letting subjects know they're in an experiment is not science" is just nonsense.

Anyway, where is that sticky on The Rules, I cannot find it.

I am not breaking any rules of the forum, I come here admiring fat women and not being prejudiced against fat men, I do not call anyone any names, and neither do I hijack threads, and nor do I spam - so I am not breaking any rules, and if someone says I am, then I would like a moderator to point out exactly what rule I am breaking.

I am saying no more on this topic because I have better things to do with my life than fight with ignorant people.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
The purpose of the study is to give some credibility against negative stereotypes.

So you're a thin man who's never lived in a fat body, and you're coming here to remind all us fatties (that you so admire) about all the negative stereotypes floating around out there about fat people? Why? Because you think we don't live with those stereotypes EVERY SINGLE DAY?

Angel

no apologies for being me
I think you are wasting your time. You really don't know if the food being consumed is healthy or not unless you read the actual wrapping it came in.

examples:

The sandwich could have been made with white bread (white bleached flour, sugar = high in carbs and as Dr. Oz says like having the same effect as eating shards of glass); high fat lunch meat and whole fat cheese (which are also loaded with sodium); high fat mayo or catsup (high sodium and high fructose corn syrup)

The chocolate bar could have been one of the healthy meal replacement bars like those made by Special K or Slim Fast or by one of the higher end commercial brand celebrity endorsed diet organizations.

The baguette could have been made with lard or trans fats, white flour, sugar or high fructose corn syrup.

The pizza could have been a veggie pizza made with whole wheat flour, and fat free cheese.

There are fat women who do try to eat healthy foods and there are thin women who eat more unhealthy and more fattening foods and even more food than women twice their size. Can't judge someone by just what is consumed. You would think that by now peeps know that metabolism, activity level, and genetics come into play, too.

thought of something else: Also you don't know if that is the only thing consumed that day. It could be their one and only meal of the day or it could be their 3rd snack after having had both breakfast and lunch.

Shosh

Susannah
I think the point is being lost here. It is none of his damn business what women, fat or thin eat on the train or any other bloody place.:rolleyes:

msbard90

Hold up Dr. Smartstuff, how much mayo was on the sandwich? Was it on white or wheat or a pita? Was it a fluffernutter or a piece of lettuce on pumpernickel? Whuhuhuhhwait, what about the chocolate bar? Was it milk or dark or one of those delicious cookies and cream ones I eat openly in front of everyone. Dark contains antioxidants, which are in fact, one of those things that I may have heard are ummm good for you and stuffs... And holy shit, did that baguette have butter on it? Was it greater than a serving size? How many preservatives were in that baguette? OOOH and pizza? what was on the pizza? Was the pizza on whole wheat or white? Did it have sauce full of antioxidants and vitamin c? Did it have cheese with vitamin d and calcium?

Hmmm research what makes those foods healthy or unhealthy before reporting back. K thanks.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
I said it before, I have no fat lady friends, unfortunately.
Ain't that the damn truth finallly

P.S. Weight Watchers sells their own pizzas.....and have a points system that includes it.

Pizza is not "unhealthy" - because it can be made with low-fat ingredients and can also encompasses the four food groups. That is much healthier than simple bread alone as a meal.

Ask a dietitian.

Also, get your facts and information straight before conducting "research".

I'm a food addict, compulsive over-eater, compulsive dieter. I have spent DECADES on a diet and gaining my weight back. Have read many books and dozens upon dozens of articles about food, health, exercising, dieting and healthy cooking/eating. I'm the one that has it down to a science-not you, because I know exactly what makes me gain weight.....and what doesn't.

You seem to assume that fat people don't know they're fat, have never been on a diet and are clueless about what is "healthy" and "unhealthy". You are wrong in that regard, sir and really need to educate YOURSELF on the things that you desire.

Stop making assumptions about people you haven't even met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts