The last movie you watched... and score out of ten - Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

Apollo 18. I freaking love the entire "found footage" horror movie genre. I don't know how I missed this one when it first came out, but I'm glad I got to watch it this afternoon.

It was a bit cheesy, but sucked me in and kept my attention. Sci-fi alien creature horror is also a favorite genre of mine, so I have to give it an 8/10.

Bafta1

Boyhood, Richard Linklater's new movie. The most incredible, amazing, emotional movie I've seen in years. Filmed over 12 years, you watch the actor's growing up on screen. The star of the show is time. Somehow the film seems to hit you after you've seen it. It was such a real film. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Deacone

For Azeroth!
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - rather epic I thought. 9/10.

Perfect continuation from the first film with no let downs.

Fattitude1

learns from his mistakes
Earth To Echo. Had nothing better to do. 6/10. Cute kids fantasy.

Think "Stand By Me", "Batteries Not Included" and "ET" all rolled into one.

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
Begin Again. 8/10. It reminds me a little bit of Once, and it's nice to see a movie with an actual story.

pagan22

"Lucy"
6/10

It was pure science fiction and interesting what could possibly happen if a human could access 100% cerebral capacity. But the documentary film inserted into various parts of the movie broke up the rhythm of it too much.

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Guardians of the galaxy. 8/10
Really enjoyed it, excellent visuals, cool characters, humorous but not constantly in your face and an incredibly cool sound track. It only fell short a little by being a bit too cliche some times, but I'll let it off because most films are.

KHayes666

Go away
The Wolverine (5 out of 10)

Just didn't feel it. The storyline was kind of stupid and they seem to highlight just Wolverine in the whole series. He's appeared in all 7 movies since the first one back in 2000. Hey movie writers, they have other characters ya know?

*Spoilers*

Gotta love how in Origins, he fights alongside Sabertooth in World War 2 and he's alone in this movie. Great storyline consistency fellas!

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
Still of The Night - 8 out of 10 (just because I will watch almost anything with Roy Scheider).

It was a good film - somewhat Hitchcock-styled. Character developments of Meryl Streep & Roy Scheider could have been a bit better but overall, I liked it.

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
also saw dawn of the planet of the apes. gave it a 6 out of ten. effects were the best part. i understand that the first one was to introduce characters and this one was to show how the apes ended up taking over, but i thought is was sad and mostly violence.

noah - 6/10. was ok acting and had 2 brief moments of intense times, but overall could have lived without it.

captain america winter solider. 7 out of 10. better than thor, not as good as the first one. didn't get the emotional turmoil from the cap't that i think it needed to pull some of the storyline off. alot of action and good effects. seemed like what it was...a filler movie to move the whole marvel cinema universe storyline along.

KHayes666

Go away
Bad Dreams

3 out of 10

Nightmare on Elm Street 3 ripoff with the hot chick from Dream Warriors to boot.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
The Hundred-Foot Journey - 8/10

Charming, feel good movie. Loved the interaction between Helen Mirren and Om Puri, and I could eat Manish Dayal with a spoon :)

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
saw guardians yesterday. was excellent. only gonna give it 9 out of 10. without spoiling...the first few minutes killed my mood and took a bit to get into the vibe of the rest of the picture. would still see it again tho.

Twilley

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

6.5 out of 10. Not the godawful trainwreck I was expecting, but really just a fun mess saved by a few good scenes and the chemistry between the actors playing the turtles.

Latest posts