Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

frankman

The Eternal Cowboy
Why the FUCK would you ever watch this?
Because either:

A - Girlfriend
B - Boyfriend
C - It was free. People do funny shit when it's free.

or D, he really wanted to compare the movie to the book, or admire the wherewolf's acting chops, in which case he has a problem.

My vote's on C.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
Because either:

A - Girlfriend
B - Boyfriend
C - It was free. People do funny shit when it's free.

or D, he really wanted to compare the movie to the book, or admire the wherewolf's acting chops, in which case he has a problem.

My vote's on C.
I saw it free, online, and I like Anna Kendrick.

Micara

Living and Learning
Score!:D

IMDB-ing Anna Kendrick right now (to see if it was worth it:)).
I thought she was the best part of both of those movies. IMO having her standing there the entire time next to a shirtless Jacob and reading a phone book would have been a vast improvement.

She is excellent in "Up in the Air". I think she has a promising career ahead of her.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
I thought she was the best part of both of those movies. IMO having her standing there the entire time next to a shirtless Jacob and reading a phone book would have been a vast improvement.

She is excellent in "Up in the Air". I think she has a promising career ahead of her.
Anna Kendrick is a very talented actress, I think. I loved her in Up in the Air and in Rocket Science. I have a skinny-girl-crush on her, yes.

Saoirse

Ifound the first Twilight movie online for free and still skipped most of it. :doh:

cinnamitch

nope
The Blind Side 9/10

Precious-9/10, wished it would have followed the book a bit more

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
Shutter Island 8.5/10

I would give it more, but I didn't like the ending. I don't like and ending that isn't an ending.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
Captain Newman, M.D. - 6/10, Bobby Darin stole the entire movie. Close, but no cigar.

Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story - 8/10, a truly amazing documentary. Think Karl Rove was bad? Lee Atwater was far worse... but, this documentary also show other sides. The man who made the Willie Horten adds, and was called a racist all over, had lots of close, African-American friends. He was a talented musician. A true maverick, but also a bit of an asshole who did whatever he could to win. He died at age 40, from a brain tumor - believing God had punished him for all his mistakes. Strong film.

ssbwjedisweetheart

Mary and Max 10/10.

It is one of the best International(Australia) films I have see in a long time. The story line is wonderful and moving with humor and some dark themes (ie. neglect, depression and anxiety) that the characters deal with.I love the message of self acceptance threw out the whole movie. Altho the movie is claymation I would not allow children younger then 13 to see the movie. All in all, I loved this movie can't wait to see it again.
P.S. I love Ivy :)

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
Eagle Eye.

Came into it not knowing what to expect and was somewhat surprised that it was alright. I wouldn't have paid to see it at the Cinema but we are getting the cable movie channels free at moment for being long time subscribers, so it was free.

7/10.

Weirdo890

The Wizard of Oz 8/10

A fun movie, but I realize just how corny it is. The best part of the movie are the songs and the Wicked Witch. I love the fact that she was a school teacher and actually loved kids. Every Halloween, she would dress up as the Wicked Witch. :happy:

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
The Lovely Bones 7/10. Utterly beautiful to watch, I loved the story line but I felt like it should have been more somehow - not sure how.

Rewatched Yu Tu Mama Tambien (YUM!!!) - 8/10

Volver - so good - 9/10

Hot Fuzz - 10/10 - just too fucking awesome hahahaha!

KHayes666

Go away
Law Abiding Citizens - 9 out of 10

Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief - 9 out of 10

Vallentines Day - 8 out of 10

Mz Taz

Downloaded "It's Complicated with Maryl Streep and Alex Baldwin. Quite good and really funny in places but definately a chick flick

Saoirse

Alice In Wonderland 2D

ahhh... I dont know. 5/10 I guess

Didnt hate it, didn't love it. CGI was ok, but nothing spectacular. There was no real moment of awe... probably would've been better if I was baked. My favorite characters were all animals (looove the dog and mouse!) :p

frankman

The Eternal Cowboy
So I've been backtracking the posts in this thread, and Law Abiding Citizen gets some really high grades. Now I saw it and enjoyed two thirds of it, but what did I miss that others did see in it? I would love to hear from people who gave it a 9 out of 10. No snark, just trying to figure out if I didn't "get" it.

In other news, I saw Band Slam, and thought it was okay. Loving the return of ska, digging the cute girl who sings the song at the end, but at the same time it was predictable and trite.

7 out of 10.

RVGleason

Plumplin and I saw 'Alice In Wonderland' in 3D earlier this week. I'm an Lewis Carroll purist, so I had some trepidations about the movie. Lin and I were both pleasantly surprised by how good it was and enjoyed the movie. The 'Wonderland' background suits Tim Burton's weirdness perfectly. It was not really an adaptation of the story so much as a sequel to the two original Alice books. I basically felt that it was the Chronicles of Narnia but with the Alice in Wonderland characters. The 3D was fine but really added nothing to the movie, the story carried the movie well by itself.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Where the Wild Things Are
7/10
I really enjoyed this movie. They did a great job converting the short little book (a favorite in our family) into a good movie. I enjoyed seeing all the kid-like activities that the movie Max did. It was very much like my max. He is a wild thing too :) I enjoyed seeing the big wild things come to life. It was a fun adventure of a movie.

Ponyo
8/10
I like Miyazaki movies to begin with. It was a fun movie to watch with the boys. I loved the story and animation. I like that it wasn't all 3d like a lot of animation is now. The story was engaging and had a lot of sweet humor in it. I enjoyed it thoroughly :)