• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The look of LE vs. the look of extreme obesity

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OriginalCyn

To summarize:
1-Over the years, I've seen photos and illustrations of 300+ and 400+ pound women on this and other sites and in print, along with comments by FAs as to how attractive these women's physiques are. OK--so far, so good.
2-Then, a bit over two years ago, I developed one or more clots in the veins of one leg, which caused that leg to swell. (I've been treating that condition--both conventionally and with self-administered treatments--with limited success.) I've always had periodic, hormonally-caused (and occasionally exacerbated-by-hot-weather) swelling in my ankles, and this has been going on for about 20 years. I wasn't too worried about it at that time. My doc prescribed diuretics, which were not too effective. A podiatrist suggested compression hose, and my response, at that time, was that that seemed to be just covering up the symptom, rather than curing it. Looking back now, I wish that he'd told me that I was "full of it" and that compression hose, would, indeed, provide some actual therapy for what I now realize was a developing case of lymphedema (LE). LE is, from what I can gather, a progressive and incurable--but somewhat treatable--disease.

Given that I have this new perspective on certain types of swellings, I can now see that many of the photos/illustrations that many FAs seem to find very attractive are, in fact, the results of very severe cases of LE and not of obesity per se.

I'm not one of those folks who sees obesity, in and of itself, as being indicative of being in a "diseased state." But LE is a disease. I've come to the disconcerting conclusion that many FAs are therefore fetishizing a disabling disease.

A side note: Several months ago, I was out and about--as usual, as I'm either on the bus or on foot--and I passed a lovely woman, who appeared to be about my age (perhaps a bit younger) in the crosswalk who was riding a scooter. I walk just fine--sometimes several miles a day--and I sometimes have a bit of a limp in the afflicted leg, but I wasn't limping that day. I was wearing my usual long skirt, but my lower legs and ankles weren't entirely covered-up. She looked to weigh about 100-150 pounds more than I do, she was nicely-dressed, and we exchanged smiles as we passed on another on the crosswalk. She said, "Oh, you poor THING!" as we passed, indicating my afflicted leg. And I was thinking, "At least I don't need to ride a scooter to get around"--'though it honestly had not occurred to me to "pity" her until she'd expressed pity at my condition.

Any thoughts from members of the Dimensions community about living with/treating/finding attractive/fetishizing lymphedema? Any and all input is welcomed.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back