• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Model or the Message?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

While watching Last Holiday again late at night, this awesome commercial came on featuring a gorgeous BBW dancing in her underwear. I had to look it up and share on my FB. Sorry to see that the unlikes outnumbered the likes on UTube. I wonder though, if it is b/c people are confused about the message. It plays all these "shoulds" like "I should lose weight, eat more salad yada yada yada, but the last message is "Stop Shoulding Yourself!" I wonder if it is lost b/c the internalized harping and health nags are so strong people tuned out the point of the commercial? Or course it could be b/c we are still not ready for a beautiful fat girl to be that comfortable with herself, but other fat women like LIzzo have been well received. (At least in comparison from past decades.) Thoughts?

The video

An article about the philosophy behind the ad Halo Top Promotes End Of 'Shoulding Yourself'

Latest posts

Back