Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Lady Bella UK

Sit on me fat boy
Some all-time favs of mine would include the following:

Jeff Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66cOdIRsSho
Red House Painters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRPCQnupuo
The Afghan Whigs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzaG-Pn9kPU

More recent bands I like include the National and Grizzly Bear. I also love a lot of old metal music :)
The National have come into their own as America's rising indie band (watch out Stipe...!). "Grace" by Jeff Buckley is exceptional, and I love a bit of Grizzly bear :happy:

Lady Bella UK

Sit on me fat boy
I go on several music discussion boards, which sadly are often full of holier-than-thou-I'm-cooler-than-you-because-I-listen-to-so-many-more-obscure-bands-than-you-do types.

I forget what seriously good music taste the members of this lovely place have :happy:

Fat-lovin' and music lovin' must go together :p

bigunlover

Metal. If it's metal, I like. I even found a Christian metal band i liked. A couple actually. Living Sacrifice and Underoath.

~da rev~

Call me Axel
I can't stop listening to the Frank Zappa song Inca Roads. It's just so fantastic. It showcases perfectly every awesome aspect of FZ and his writing abilities. Absurd lyrics/music infused with Jazz and blues and rock/roll. Fantastic.

Bearsy

Genuinely Disingenuous

The skyline was beautiful on fire
All twisted metal stretching upwards
Everything washed in a thin orange haze

I said, “Kiss me, you’re beautiful -
These are truly the last days”

You grabbed my hand
And we fell into it
Like a daydream
Or a fever

This song totally inspired a random dance session. When I looked up the song I was surprised to find it was by Destiny Child's former member Kelly Rowland. Anywho, the song is Commander ft David Guetta and its now on my favorites list:happy:.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
The Aracade Fire - "The Suburbs". I think I might end up loving it more than "Funeral"!
I love this album too!!

Also, I have been obsessing over Broken Bells. I pretty much love everything Danger Mouse touches.

theronin23

In Remembrance
I love this album too!!

Also, I have been obsessing over Broken Bells. I pretty much love everything Danger Mouse touches.
That's funny, I pretty love anything Cee-Lo touches...meet in the middle? :p

Lady Bella UK

Sit on me fat boy
I love this album too!!

Hello there Esther, long time no see. I haven't been on here for aaaaaaaages!

Have you checked out Dangermouse & Sparklehorse's "Dark Night of the Soul?" Its so so so much better than even I was expecting (as like you I love everything Dangermouse touches :) )

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Hello there Esther, long time no see. I haven't been on here for aaaaaaaages!

Have you checked out Dangermouse & Sparklehorse's "Dark Night of the Soul?" Its so so so much better than even I was expecting (as like you I love everything Dangermouse touches :) )
It really has been awhile! Good to see you around again :)
I heard about the death of Mark Linkous, so when I saw that Sparklehorse & Dangermouse album come through my work I gave it a listen... I was never a huge Sparklehorse fan but that album really is excellent, you're right! Really tragic though :(

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
One of my favorite 50s music icons was Buddy Holly. He had a voice that was unforgettable and I loved his style.

http://www.rockin50s.com/bag.htm

The picture with his overnight bag that was saved by his brother makes me cry like a baby. His death really pained me because he was so young,on the verge of becoming even more famous and died so violently in a plane crash. He would be a senior citizen today telling stories.

Latest posts