The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
I hate the public transportation in NYC. Not only is the service crappy, but the customers are crappy too. If you are sick, stay home or stay close to the door, so that you can get put of the train quick for medical help and not delay anyone else. UGH!!!!!!!!!

Mathias

SAMCRO
Someone who has the same disability I have goes to my old college. He'd heard of me through friends of mine that still go there. He really wants to meet me. I should be flattered, but something about the situation seems really off and I don't feel comfortable doing it. I frended him on social media, and he seems nice enough but I don't know him all that well.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Someone who has the same disability I have goes to my old college. He'd heard of me through friends of mine that still go there. He really wants to meet me. I should be flattered, but something about the situation seems really off and I don't feel comfortable doing it. I frended him on social media, and he seems nice enough but I don't know him all that well.
If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. If you start to feel pressured by friends to do it to help the person out, meet in public with your friends and that person.

Mathias

SAMCRO
If you don't feel comfortable, don't do it. If you start to feel pressured by friends to do it to help the person out, meet in public with your friends and that person.
Those friends have graduated this past weekend, so I'd feel even more out of place.

Rojodi

How ignorant some people are to the pejorative meaning to redskin and how it effects those of us of Native ancestry.

And how really ignorant people are to what squaw means. I mean, if EVERY woman knew exactly knew what it was, they'd have it eliminated from the lexicon of all movies.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
How ignorant some people are to the pejorative meaning to redskin and how it effects those of us of Native ancestry.

And how really ignorant people are to what squaw means. I mean, if EVERY woman knew exactly knew what it was, they'd have it eliminated from the lexicon of all movies.
You know, now that you bring it up, what does it mean really?

Rojodi

You know, now that you bring it up, what does it mean really?
The eastern Algonquian word for woman is shunksqaw, and that "squaw" in the English usage came to signify that part of the woman the settlers wanted during negotiations. It's a pejorative.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
The eastern Algonquian word for woman is shunksqaw, and that "squaw" in the English usage came to signify that part of the woman the settlers wanted during negotiations. It's a pejorative.
:doh: why do people do that? take part of a word to make it a put down.. ugh!

Rojodi

:doh: why do people do that? take part of a word to make it a put down.. ugh!
It was done in the 17th and 18th centuries, they didn't think anything of it, since Natives were just "ignorant savages."

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
It was done in the 17th and 18th centuries, they didn't think anything of it, since Natives were just "ignorant savages."
lol.. because they were so much better, they bought diseases with them and came here to live without any idea of how to survive. I wonder if the native americans ever thought "why did we save these idiots that first winter?" lol

Rojodi

lol.. because they were so much better, they bought diseases with them and came here to live without any idea of how to survive. I wonder if the native americans ever thought "why did we save these idiots that first winter?" lol
LOL so true, or helping the Jamestown..

Saoirse

Ya know, its not like anyone back then had any real idea about diseases and shit. Im sorry lots of native people died, but the English settlers didnt have any more info about that kinda stuff then they did.

Rojodi

Ya know, its not like anyone back then had any real idea about diseases and shit. Im sorry lots of native people died, but the English settlers didnt have any more info about that kinda stuff then they did.
It wasn't the English settlers that were the problem, it were their "enlightened descendants," you know, the ones that gave diseased blankets and such.

If the originals weren't helped, their descendants wouldn't have, you know, used germ warfare later.

Tracyarts

I've been sick all week, some random virus. But it's going on a 3 day weekend here, and I'm not going to be up to doing half the things I had planned to do. Some of it fun, some of it work around the house. I'll just have to do what I can do and spend the remainder of the weekend resting.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
DM Supporter
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
I was so excited to leave for Atlanta the other day. had my van all packed and then my roomie texted me and said the hot water heater had busted and water was everywhere :( So It's not gonna be ready til Friday for us to move in. I had taken my bed down so I'm being forced to sleep on this super hard extra bed at my grammas and all my stuff is packed and I don't know where the majority of my stuff is in that van because my nieces and nephew and brother in law packed it. Friday won't get here soon enough :(
You're coming to Atlanta? Right on! I might have the chance to be the creepy pervert trying to chase you down in my wheelchair. :) Sorry about the difficulties so far…

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I have an allergy to being chilled or cold. (It's a real thing) I got a slight sunburn yesterday and now i have hives everywhere i was burned. When the fan or ac blows on me i break out. Not good since it gets super hot here and i'm gonna need a fan!! So itchy!!

Piink

I'm not going to be anyone's chick on the side. I don't want to be in the middle of someone else's drama. I'm better than that.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
My best friend's jealousy is driving me crazy. She doesn't want me to move to Atlanta even though she knows it will make me happy. She doesn't want me to live with my other close friend, because she's admittedly jealous of her. she told me that herself. She doesn't like one of the guys I've been talking to after looking at his profie on facebook. I swear it's like she doesn't want me to be happy at ALL. and she's being a total Debbie downer about it all. I will talk about how I'm excited and she will just sit there and mope. or if I mention it on facebook, I get a frowny face and a post about how I better not leave here without telling her first (because I'm not leaving til Thursday).

yet she goes to Nashville all the time to visit her other best friend and I tell her to have a good time and I will be here when she gets back. I've told her she can come visit us but I don't think she wants to develop a relationship at all with my other best friend/roommate. I'm at my wits end with this shit. and if I sit her down to try to talk about it, I know that all she will do is cry at me. and I don't feel like dealing with that either. uuuugh, calgon take me away.

Latest posts