The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

spiritangel

AmandaClause
That people do not always do what they say they will

Seriously I lent someone money (not a small amount at all I kind of got pushed to offer way more than I was comfy with grr)

and asked for what are reasonable repayments a min of $20 a fortnight given that I am on less money than they get and I can manage that I was sure that it would be a non issue

well its been 4 months and not a single re payment grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
Unfortunately loaning friends money (or borrowing money from friends) is a good way to lose friends. :( Sorry you're going through that.

FatAndProud

I was essentially molested at work last night. I was too shooken up to call the police I feared the man would follow me home....so I just went home. I told my manager to pull the tapes. It was horrible. Men are all the same, I swear lol ugggghh

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars
I was essentially molested at work last night. I was too shooken up to call the police I feared the man would follow me home....so I just went home. I told my manager to pull the tapes. It was horrible. Men are all the same, I swear lol ugggghh

So sorry this happened to you.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

Gadzooks! That's awful (true... we are all the same). :(

FatAndProud

Thanks, guys. I know I sound like a whiny bitch lately, but I'm so jaded with certain facets of life lol

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
I'm so sorry.

I'm alarmed for you and I truly hope that you're safe if you have to be around this person. Please keep us updated. Please.

MisticalMisty

ugh..FatandProud..so sorry that happened!

I fell 2 and 1/2 weeks ago out of the shower onto our tiled bathroom floor. Luckily, nothing was broken. However, now I ache from head to toe. all the x-rays came back fine, but I can't seem to get over the soreness of it all. I'm not one to take pain meds, but I have been sucking down anti-inflammatories like they are candy. Not sure what my doctor can do for me. I am going to see my chiro. Maybe everything just needs to be put back in place. Sheesh.

EMH1701

Coworker again. Today I found out that not only does he have mental issues (I'm thinking OCD since he's mentioned he's afraid of making mistakes several times), he's also fat-phobic and claims not to be. We sometimes get samples from vendors. One of the managers gave us some of those pre-cut up pears. I started to eat mine and the idiot criticized me for it. It was frigging pears, it's not like I was eating Cheetos! And even if I was eating Cheetos, how the heck is it any of his frigging business? Aaargh!

Then he launches into this long-winded talk about how he works out and avoids food and lost weight and all this crap.

I told him on IM that Miss Manners says it is very rude to comment on what a person is eating, when they eat, etc. He said he didn't mean to offend me. Well, then keep your mouth shut. Why is it that those who have lost weight are often the most prejudiced? Also, if he can't stand overweight people and wants to play thinner than thou, he's going to have a hard time in MN. Just saying.

I guess now I am going to have to get up from my desk and find a hiding spot to eat my afternoon snack if he is going to be a jerk. I really shouldn't have to do that, but apparently I do. Haven't had to worry about judgmental fat-phobes at work in a few years. The last one got laid off.

On the bright side, I am getting my Fridays remote again. When you transfer departments, you have to wait a while before you get your remote days back at my company.

Last edited:

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces

I am so sorry this happened and I know safety takes top priority but he still should be reported to the police.

FatAndProud

I have made a report. This is not the first time that I have been sexually abused, unfortunately. But I'll tell you what, in that moment you feel helpless and as though no one can help you. I just wanted to get home and hide under the covers.

lille

I have made a report. This is not the first time that I have been sexually abused, unfortunately. But I'll tell you what, in that moment you feel helpless and as though no one can help you. I just wanted to get home and hide under the covers.

Your reaction is a perfectly valid one. I can sympathize with feeling completely helpless in the moment and just wanted to do whatever you can after to get away and try to feel safe. I hope you are able to find something that helps you to heal from this awful experience. Be gentle with yourself and do whatever you need to take care of you.

FatAndProud

Thank you all for being my shoulder to lean on.

I just can't believe it, though. That man drove by my work, in the AM yesterday, and honked at me. I looked up and saw him looking at me through his vehicle. I'm getting mace. I was told where I can buy some, so I'm gonna be looking for it. This is like straight out of a movie.

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
Thank you all for being my shoulder to lean on.

I just can't believe it, though. That man drove by my work, in the AM yesterday, and honked at me. I looked up and saw him looking at me through his vehicle. I'm getting mace. I was told where I can buy some, so I'm gonna be looking for it. This is like straight out of a movie.

Wasp spray is also a good deterrent and has a much further shooting range than mace. Document everything and do not hesitate about contacting the police department and ask them about how to handle the situation and possibly getting a restraining order against him - that way, it is on file with the police department in case further action is needed. The more you document and the sooner the situation is noted with the authorities, the better.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
my hips are hurting so bad that i can't sit comfortably. I'm [] close to going to my doctor to see if i can get a gamut of tests done to see if i have arthritis or something degrading in my hips. (I have a couple of injuries with it, a fall and a bad sprain after martial arts)

x0emnem0x

Words.
This is long but I really just needed to vent, hard. I don't expect replies but it was bubbling up inside of me and I needed to get it out...

I have this gamer friend I met online about a year or so ago who was pretty cool. We talk and game sometimes but recently not, because I got a job and am always busy. A few weeks ago, he flaunts his money in a photo where he got $1,000+ free from the government from FAFSA/aid, by "going to school". He is rarely even at school. I know this because he Snapchats or texts me a lot, daily. This makes me frustrated because I am only eligible for student loans, because I live with my mother and she makes too much (yet we can't ever stay on top of our bills). This frustrates me FURTHER, because he bought a gaming laptop and continues to say that it's for school yet, he's only downloaded a ton of games on it and have yet to see once where he is using it "for school". His biggest defense is that it's HIS MONEY! He can use it how he wants! At least, that's what he says... but it's not. It's the governments money and it should be used to things they expect you to use it on. I wish it was more closely monitored. Use it for books, or saving it for school supplies, not for gaming laptops. Here I am unable to go to school because I can't get $900, which I'm trying to save up, working 18 hours a week if I'm lucky, having to stand the entire time and actually DO stuff... I thought about starting up a donation to try and help with the $900, but I don't think anyone would bother helping. Him on the other hand? He has a "librarian job" at his community college, and while he is at said job, he sends me pictures daily of him in a chair at a computer, or a couch laying with his feet up saying how dead it is, while he does absolutely nothing for the few hours he is there. Recently, when he had taken a picture that he was "Amazon shopping" I said "way to go on spending that government money"... he then told me that he had gotten another job at his COMMUNITY college as a security guard. Now I know not everywhere is the same, but at my community college, security is a joke. He's getting $17 and hour though, and only works a few hours a day. And I get a measly $8.25 at my good ol' job where I have to deal with customers I hate who are rude and spiteful, and make me sad. I asked him today "Yeah, $17/hr for what exactly?" and his response was "Standing and securing!" ... They ride around in cars literally all day or just stand there doing absolutely nothing except trying to write bogus tickets to college students for smoking, or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or parking in the wrong spot because God forbid they park somewhere not 500 miles from the school building. I know that his TWO jobs are basically nothing to him, because he always has free time to try and talk to me while doing them. Like today he said "we should game later" and my response was "I can't, I have a job." I wish I had that luxury, to do basically nothing and still get paid. To top things off, every time he tries to talk to me now, it's like a battle. He starts being a smart ass saying how I haven't said hi or anything, to where I reply "Yeah, it's because I'm WORKING or sleeping". He always tries to one up me by saying that he is, too, how he is working... yet he is texting me??? And his girlfriend (yes, he has a girlfriend among all of this as well), is the only one who has a REAL job, who supports his lazy ass, and he bitches about her all the time about how she won't touch him anymore. The only reason he gets money is because he lives with her and doesn't have an actual job. Thinking about just blocking him, we only met because we were good gaming friends online but all this competitive shit and trying to one up me is getting old. Now tell me, how does someone like that deserve so much money, for doing close to nothing, to just waste it. It's not only him, I've seen other people get that money and go use it to buy freaking concert tickets. It's just GRINDS MY GEARS SO BAD!

Really what this all boils down to? Kind of a TL;DR - I wish I had money. I'm so sick of my mom working 40+ hours a week to have no money, sick of me working and having no money by the time I buy gas and ONE thing I need. I get $100 a week if I am lucky. My last check was only $90. Better than nothing, but that's after the $30 taken out in taxes, not to mention more that will be taken out for working for a union company. Yeah, in 9 weeks I'd have the money if I didn't have to buy gas or food for the house because my mom pays all the bills. I want money so I could go to school like I want to, and get a degree without having to try so damn hard all the time. Our world just makes me sick how it's run by money yet everything anymore is a damn luxury. People spend millions on weddings and divorces in the same year and I can't even come up with a measly $900 and starting November I'm supposed to start paying back on my $10,000 student loan, and hey, if I don't, they're just going to top that loan with thousands more in interest! I'm so excited! I'm 21 and my credit is going to be screwed. Following in my mothers fiscally irresponsible footsteps when all I want to do is better myself.

Last edited:

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
I have to drive back and forth to to Target because I can't find a bra that fits me comfortably because it cannot connect to my back, ugh!

Latest posts