The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

People who don't vote in political elections. People who like to talk politics, that are unable to fully understand all points of view.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Brief summary of work this morning...apologies in advance for going full Dilbert...

1. Email about being strict with budgets for 2015. (Boss then decides to blow support budget out of the water for a shared chain account.)
2. Email pissing match with co-worker who won't send me info I need because they said they already sent it to me. They sent it to the other Matt...somehow still my fault...??
3. New employee hired- up to 15 "Welcome Aboard" reply-to-all emails in the last 10 minutes. Over/under for the rest of the day at 40 more emails just like this.
4. One of our most consistently confused employees (though a nice person) has just been promoted and is now in charge of VERY large events. Oh my!
5. I just offered my thoughts on an upcoming promo to my boss. The response email? "What are your thoughts on this?" Contemplating cut and paste of the previous email in a different font. Comic Sans perhaps.

My response to all this? Hi Dims!!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Brief summary of work this morning...apologies in advance for going full Dilbert...

1. Email about being strict with budgets for 2015. (Boss then decides to blow support budget out of the water for a shared chain account.)
2. Email pissing match with co-worker who won't send me info I need because they said they already sent it to me. They sent it to the other Matt...somehow still my fault...??
3. New employee hired- up to 15 "Welcome Aboard" reply-to-all emails in the last 10 minutes. Over/under for the rest of the day at 40 more emails just like this.
4. One of our most consistently confused employees (though a nice person) has just been promoted and is now in charge of VERY large events. Oh my!
5. I just offered my thoughts on an upcoming promo to my boss. The response email? "What are your thoughts on this?" Contemplating cut and paste of the previous email in a different font. Comic Sans perhaps.

My response to all this? Hi Dims!!
And in another thread you posted this:

IC I am the greatest creator of grilled cheese on the planet. I have been posting here for 7 years and never even shared that info with Dims, and for that I am truly sorry...but now you all know.
And I'll note that while visiting Boston this Summer, we took a 25 minute subway ride followed by a 20 minute walk to get to a restaurant that spun out of a food truck that became famous for their grilled cheese sandwiches.....and I think I see a solution to your frustrations :p

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Thanks Tad, but I don't think I'd want to be legally responsible for the pleasure-induced comas my grilled cheese sandwiches cause 96.4% of the time.

Rojodi

1. My NaNoWriMo story is defunct, I folded it yesterday. I wasn't feeling it, and it was making me nauseous whenever I thought about writing it. (I'm going to write 25K words this month, probably two or three novellas)

2. Those freaking women at work. "Oh you look like you're losing weight. Keep up the good work." Then they bring in bagels and donuts for a morning meeting. :doh: (LOL I had half a plain bagel with nothing on it.)

Tracyarts

The cold has gotten worse. I don't understand how the human body can produce so much snot in such a short amount of time, and I feel like I took a hard punch to the face. I'm also on my own this weekend, which sucks. But I got my Nyquil and Dayquil, got my chicken soup, got a book, got my Kleenex, and got both lemon and orange spice teabags in the pantry, along with a jar of honey. I will survive. :p

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Not that I make it my business to call someone out on it directly, but hear, hear! Except when people are trolling. Then their bad spelling makes me very happy :happy:

The two things in this vein that have been bothering me most recently: people not knowing that badass is one word; and that shat is the correct past tense of shit.

Yay for eloquent profanity!
1. The winner in the first race was Bad Ass III.
2. That stubborn donkey has a bad ass. He rubbed it raw on the fence.

Wanna play?

Micara

Living and Learning
I am in a really bad mood.

Some MORON deleted all of my Criminal Minds episodes off of the DVR because they thought they were "recorded by mistake". And it's not even like the DVR was full or nearing capacity! I cannot think of a single fathomable excuse to delete programs that YOU did not set up to record! AND, I might add, I pay the entire friggin' Directv bill!

People just floor me. I hope they have fun trying to find their 3 or so episodes of Gotham that they had saved up...

Rojodi

All the whiners at work complaining because they had to actually work today and were not given the day off.

Blackjack_Jeeves

I'm a pepper, too...
Wishing I was money-savvy enough to have worked out a way I could have replaced my POS car by now... 3rd repair in the last 5 months, all unrelated issues. Can't do anything but blame myself, I've thrown so much money into this car that I could have worked out a new car by now, but I always "need" my car, in order to work, in order to make the money I need for the next repair bill.... :doh:

Tracyarts

A chemical plant in the next town over had a spill of some substance that smells absolutely god-awful. I got an automated call from my town's emergency notification system that it's not harmful, but unfortunately the smell will linger most of the day until the wind disperses it.

I feel bad because I accused my cat of farting up a storm and shooed him out of the room over it. LOL!

Rojodi

A chemical plant in the next town over had a spill of some substance that smells absolutely god-awful. I got an automated call from my town's emergency notification system that it's not harmful, but unfortunately the smell will linger most of the day until the wind disperses it.

I feel bad because I accused my cat of farting up a storm and shooed him out of the room over it. LOL!
Reverse 911. Ain't technology great?

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
Conditions being put in place that make the reason for doing something to begin with being stopped in it's tracks.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank

Tracyarts, I heard on the national news service that a DuPont plant outside of Houston had a chemical accident that killed 4 people. I am guessing this is the same stuff that your emergency message said was "not harmful"?

A DuPont plant in Texas received a big safety award for making pro-active changes at their plant (after the big chemical disaster in Bopal India at a Union Carbide plant in the early 80's).

Last edited:

Tracyarts

Tracyarts, I heard on the national news service that a DuPont plant outside of Houston had a chemical accident that killed 4 people. I am guessing this is the same stuff that your emergency message said was "not harmful"?
That was it. Unfortunately, that chemical is deadly if you are exposed to high concentrations of it in close quarters, which is what happened during the plant accident. But it disperses very easily into the air, and in low concentrations isn't considered harmful, just very smelly. I live a few miles away and no emergency sirens ever went off. And when we were notified by the local emergency services office with information regarding the smell, there was no order given to shelter in place or even avoid being outside. The danger was apparently confined to that specific area of that particular plant.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
Cold temps below 20 and leather seats.
Boy do i know that feeling now! We bought a van with leather seats in April. Got in the car and it was 32 out. It took a good while to thaw my cheeks out! Thankfully we have heated seats. (They didn't warm it much in the five minute drive to school)

Latest posts