The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

EMH1701

My annoying coworker is taking next Tuesday off, which is a bit weird for Thanksgiving week. He's not taking Wednesday with it. I'm wondering if he's interviewing. I know he is overly bored (he complains a lot), and despite being bored, still cannot enter items into the database correctly even 90% of the time. So I am wondering if he's interviewing. I hope he leaves. He a. frequently complains of being bored too much, b. has about 60% accuracy (if that), and c. still requires hand-holding on basic decisions like whether or not to send an e-mail to someone. I kid you not.

Yesterday he asked me if he should send the e-mail and I had to tell him that I trusted him to make the right decision and was not going to tell him what to do. I shouldn't have had to say that about an e-mail. I'm not his supervisor. I don't know whether he's mentally slow, just has zero self-esteem, or what. In over 20 years of work experience, I have never heard of anyone asking, nor asked myself, if I should send an e-mail to someone. You either send it or you don't. If you need more information on something, the answer is obvious. Of course, one can also pick up the phone as an alternative. People do still use phones.

Last edited:

x0emnem0x

Words.
Annoyed with a coworker/friend. He's cool, I may have an itty-bitty crush on him, which is weird because he's really skinny, and I've never been attracted to that, lol. Anyway, he's cool, and a gamer. We have some things in common and I added him on Facebook and we had been chatting last week. His girlfriend and him just recently broke up and I was talking to him and trying to make him feel better the other day, which he did, or so it seemed, and he said I helped. He flirted a bit, part of me couldn't tell if he was joking or serious, but we really clicked and talked about a lot of things. I didn't take most of his flirtation seriously, seeing as how he is a coworker and just got out of a relationship and I'm not looking for anything. Just friendly coworkers.

Then I came into work yesterday shopping and saw him, tried to talk but he looked mad and just didn't talk to me. Like as if the convo on Facebook never even happened. He's been having a rough time. Then I come to work today and he barely says a word to me (might I mention he has been depressed due to the breakup and wasn't at work for like a week, and unfortunately also works with his ex, who is a friend of mine I had some college classes with), and I messaged him when I got home and said "Oh, so you're gonna try to be best friends on Facebook but look like you're gonna kill everyone at work?" and he said that I "looked mighty friendly with _____", (his ex), because I was talking to her before she left work and joking around. I don't know what to think because I think he's annoyed I was friendly with her. He barely talked to me today and he used to at least acknowledge me a few weeks ago. It stinks though cause I knew her before him and I'm not gonna hate her for dumping him or whatever happened, I am not going to have beef with someone for a relationship not working out. Yeah it sucks, but at the same time it's like making me choose between two things and it's not fun. Especially when it has to do with people at work and I don't want to make people at work upset. Just something that's been on my mind today.

Saoirse

My friend's girlfriend is a selfish cunt. She's constantly accusing him of cheating/thinking about cheating/wanting to cheat. He's totally loyal and trustworthy and I get maybe she had some shitty relationships, but she really needs to stop being a bitch.

He confides in me when we hang out. She has said some pretty nasty stuff to him. He's been sleeping on the couch more. She has absolutely no faith or trust in him and he's suffering because of it. He told me that getting a place with her was a terrible decision and he feels stuck. He did it to SAVE money but now his financial situation is worse than before. He wants out, but he loves her and doesn't want to hurt her.... yet she's constantly hurting him.

Plus she HATES ME! I've known this guy since I was SEVEN YEARS OLD. He's been best friends with my brother for 20+ goddamn years now. He's a part of my family now! I think of his as a brother! Yet, she flips a shit if he hangs out with me. So that means I only get to see him at work. I think if I had a boyfriend, she would hate me less. Also- before she met him, she had an extremely short "thing" with my fuckbuddy (who I have been fucking for like over 4 years now), but he told her to back off cause she was getting way too serious, and he doesnt want that with anyone. So I think she's mad that me and him are *still* hooking up and he didnt want her. Look sweetie, he doesnt "want" any one. He's totally happy being single. He's too afraid to get into anything serious. I should know, he tells me a lot of personal stuff when its late and we've been drinking and having sex. Me and him are only knocking boots!

But she has a wonderful boyfriend!!!! He's sweet and caring and loyal. He works his ass off to make ends meet. He does everything he can to appease her and make her happy. I just get so damn frustrated when he complains about how she's been treating him and how unhappy he is and I can't say what I REALLY WANT to say, cause I dont want to make him mad.

:mad: I HATE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
So I ended up having major surgery 3 weeks ago and now have to walk around with a DISGUSTING open wound on my body!!! :mad: Approximately 6 inches long, 7 inches wide, and 5 inches deep.
Yes, it's kept bandaged...but it's disgusting! It smells - normal I'm told, and it constantly hurts - I can't live on the pain killers they want me on... I have a 6 week old baby to care for!
The only thing that's keeping me going is my Bittles :wubu:

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
So I ended up having major surgery 3 weeks ago and now have to walk around with a DISGUSTING open wound on my body!!! :mad: Approximately 6 inches long, 7 inches wide, and 5 inches deep.
Yes, it's kept bandaged...but it's disgusting! It smells - normal I'm told, and it constantly hurts - I can't live on the pain killers they want me on... I have a 6 week old baby to care for!
The only thing that's keeping me going is my Bittles :wubu:
CAMellie,
I was waiting to hear how you were doing. On the good side, you are walking, talking and able to kiss Bittles. I'm sorry about the surgery you had to endure and post surgery complications - but look at the prize you got, a sweet baby boy. The pain killers thingy can be worked out too. Adequate pain control is necessary to allow you to keep moving & walking - two of the things that will greatly promote your healing. So where can we send get well cards - the hospital or your home?

M2M

FatAndProud

My manager threatened to write me up. He said if I didn't come into work today, then I could expect a write up. The reason I called him yesterday at 5pm, was to explain to him that I tried to get my broken glasses (which he knew about) fixed on Black Friday. The eye doctor is now keeping them all weekend (which I'm pissed about). I was not scheduled to work today, but I said I would when they texted me on Thanksgiving. I'm royally pissed.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
My manager threatened to write me up. He said if I didn't come into work today, then I could expect a write up. The reason I called him yesterday at 5pm, was to explain to him that I tried to get my broken glasses (which he knew about) fixed on Black Friday. The eye doctor is now keeping them all weekend (which I'm pissed about). I was not scheduled to work today, but I said I would when they texted me on Thanksgiving. I'm royally pissed.
how festive… What line of work are you in?!

x0emnem0x

Words.
Throat/glands are swollen. Haven't been breathing well the past few days, due to I think maybe being sick. I don't feel sick, but throat hurts and I just feel tired. Random soft spot on the back of my head that hurts when I have pressure on it or lay down on it, gives me numerous headaches and makes it difficult to sleep. I work the next 3 days and I had Friday off, but stupidly decided to take a few hours for someone. So stuck between trying to be grateful that I have a job to go and not wanting to feel miserably sick at said job. Buh.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Throat/glands are swollen. Haven't been breathing well the past few days, due to I think maybe being sick. I don't feel sick, but throat hurts and I just feel tired. Random soft spot on the back of my head that hurts when I have pressure on it or lay down on it, gives me numerous headaches and makes it difficult to sleep. I work the next 3 days and I had Friday off, but stupidly decided to take a few hours for someone. So stuck between trying to be grateful that I have a job to go and not wanting to feel miserably sick at said job. Buh.
Sounds like a head cold. Those suck! Specially at work. Try to take some Dayquil/Nyquil or some head cold meds for daytime. Tea helps a lot also. Hang in there and feel better. (the soft spot.. have you been laying down a lot because you haven't been feeling well? I find that when I am sick and laying about for a long while, the back of my head my "soft spot" hurts like hell..just an FYI)

FatAndProud

When men go on diets or actively try to lose weight by watching calories and eating semi-vegetarian for the sake of weight loss. I don't mind a guy that exercises, but oh my gosh is it a turn off if a man complains about how "fat" he is and doesn't like to eat lol

Allie Cat

My roommate got fired on Friday. If her unemployment claim is denied we could be homeless at the end of the month.

Merry Christmas to meeee xD

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I pay a premium price for cable internet and it's only 1mbp right now. We should be getting 20, we pay extra for 20. Not like Comcast will do anything about it, they suck hard.

Sushi

Tailgaters. And people who cut me off. 99% of the time I see them right in front of me at the next red light. Don't they realize the lights are timed? So they're terrorizing everyone for NO good reason.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
The food. I always gain weight this time of year, and while some of us are happy about that, my blood sugars aren't. Willpower is great the rest of the year but when all these goodies, pastries, chocolate, cookies, candy, feasts, etc are so available and so tempting... *sigh* did someone say donuts? :doh:

Saoirse

Today is my first day back at work from a weeklong holiday vaca and although its still super quiet around here (we're closed for another week, but I have work to do), its pretty gloomy... Our "boss" died yesterday.

Apparently he was a big player in the Macrobiotic movement and he and his late wife did a ton for organic agriculture. They started a macro foundation and opened 3 macro schools across the globe. I know people that credit this man with saving their lives through his teachings. I, however, never met him, even after working for 1.5 years. He didnt live around here and since he was so friggin old, he didnt travel this way much. I saw him a few times, knew who he was, said Hi in passing, but was never formally introduced or whatever.

Now my coworkers are answering tons of phone calls and emails asking if its true and what the plans for this place are. We dont know!! This place has already been struggling really bad and now losing our main dude is just gonna make it worse.

Ugh. I just hate uncertainty. All I can do is show up and do my job for now. I hope all the hard work everyone's been putting in for the new year doesnt go to waste. But honestly, it wont matter to me come mid-March, cause I'll be leaving for a different job anyway.

Shan34

https://www.facebook.com/shannon.ford.73,
That's a loaded question as there seems to be more things annoying me than I even realize. But I'll start with the typical, the weather. Miss my BFF. Had too much fun in Vegas and having a hard time getting back to real life...well and I just don't wanna!

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Remember that plumbing issue (complete re-pipe) I mentioned?
Well... the last part of today's work that the plumbers were going to do was to tear out the old mainline under the house and tie the new one into the mainline from the curb to the house.
Unfortunately, in taking out the old one, they broke the upstream end -- inside the concrete next to the foundation.
So, no water until tomorrow when they can jackhammer an access-way to the pipe, or lay in a temporary line out to the curb, or both.
The Lovely and Talented Mrs. Bomb is handling it a little better than I am, today.

It's fixable, and will be fixed.
Still annoying though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Group builder