The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Carrie, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Jan 20, 2015 #9701

ODFFA

ODFFA

ODFFA

Early morning insomnia after going to bed too soon. And now Project Try To Stay Awake All Day is a go! :blink:

2. Jan 20, 2015 #9702

Rojodi

Rojodi

Rojodi

Comedy Central roasting Justin Beiber. In the past, you only roasted those you like, love, respect. This "entertainer" has done nothing of great merit. I read that he begged CC to roast him. Sheesh.

3. Jan 20, 2015 #9703

Saoirse

Saoirse

Saoirse

Like his music or not, he is definitely an entertainer. Do you have millions of girls screaming for you? Dont think so. He has squadrons of fans who love him and his music. Just because you find him annoy doesnt mean he hasnt earned his way to where he is.

4. Jan 20, 2015 #9704

Rojodi

Rojodi

Rojodi

You missed the entire point of roasting an entertainer. You have to like, love, and/or respect him. Also, he BEGGED for Comedy Central to roast him. That's like nicknaming yourself.

His fan-base skews heavily under 18, and will NOT be allowed to the taping. He's going to be ripped to shreds, and not in the Dean Martin/Friars Club way.

5. Jan 20, 2015 #9705

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

I hope they rip him a new one.. that is something I would pay to watch..lol

To the other point.. I miss those old Dean Martin roasts.. they were awesome!

6. Jan 20, 2015 #9706

Rojodi

Rojodi

Rojodi

I hope the comedians try to make him cry like the little boy he is.

7. Jan 21, 2015 #9707

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

This post could be aimed at numerous people, but since you were the last one hating on Bieber you get to be singled out.:p

What is it that you are envious of to the point of hating on him? Is it his good hair? His youth? His millions? The fact that hot young chicks are screaming his name and would throw their nubile young bodies at him?

I neither like nor respect him myself because quite frankly, I have no opinion of him whatsoever. Why? Because I'm not in his demographic. His music/swagger/ lifestyle aren't for me or aimed at me. Actually I find it more than a bit creepy when middle aged men have any thoughts on young boys that aren't their sons!:eek: But I guess that's just me. I'm weird that way.

Saoirse likes this.
  8. Jan 21, 2015 #9708

FatAndProud

FatAndProud

FatAndProud

Damn, look at you being all grown. Pour some sugar on me

9. Jan 21, 2015 #9709

Yakatori

Yakatori

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...

Yeah, I think that you can fairly say that there's an aspect of this to which Comedy Central has taken the entire concept and put it on its own head, at least just with respect to the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts and from the point of view of comparing the overall stature of some of Martin's subjects (Muhammed Ali, Sinatra, Reagan, Jimmy Stewart, etc...) versus most of Comedy Central's (Charlie Sheen, Donald Trump, Hasselhoff, etc...). And to mention certain controversial participants as well (e.g., Mike Tyson) who're also somewhat roasted, by way of introduction.

Which, I guess, is their way of perfecting or otherwise improving upon the original concept: i.e., Lots of people are not so comfortable with laughing at the expense of someone they actually respect & admire. Much less a bona-fide cultural icon. So, putting a less sympathetic figure in that place means that, practically, the jokes can be a bit "meaner," more cutting, and therefore, ultimately, more funny...

10. Jan 21, 2015 #9710

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL

I started an amazing new career at PayPal last week....but discovered my bank account has been hacked to the tune of $900 via 3 transactions....since my FIRST DAY!!!

NOTHING shows up on PAYPAL account....my bank account was stolen somehow....
    freaking shocked...but put a freeze on bank account....and it is under investigation!!!

11. Jan 21, 2015 #9711

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

You nailed it. He's still a kid as far as i'm concerned and I wonder what I would do if I had that fame or money at that age. Hello debauchery!

This was hilarious from SNL this past weekend.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  12. Jan 22, 2015 #9712

CleverBomb

CleverBomb

CleverBomb

On Space Out

Holy crap.
    I hope that's straightened out pronto!

13. Jan 22, 2015 #9713

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

Words.

That definitely sounds hellish. Hope it all gets straightened out!

14. Jan 22, 2015 #9714

luscious_lulu

luscious_lulu

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla

No phone or network access at work means I can't do any work. Not being able to sleep means it's going to be a very long day at work.

15. Jan 24, 2015 #9715

Oona

Oona

Oona

¬.¬

Our wedding ceremony is in 8 days. It will be at the Renaissance Faire.

My mother bought the same dress I will be wearing, purple instead of red, and will be wearing it at the ceremony. I asked her not to and she's still wearing it.

WHAT THE EFF

16. Jan 25, 2015 #9716

spiritangel

spiritangel

spiritangel

AmandaClause

Seriously sounds like she wants the attention, is it possible to change your dress or perhaps embellish yours somehow to make you the stand out as you should be....

it is very disrespectful of her I feel for you rock and a hard place I would say you could always tell her if she wears the same dress she is uninvited but I dont want to cause you more dramas

Ugh soo long story short my Niece was bemoaning the fact we do not really do anything for Australia day and that chrissy has been getting more an more dismal so I said why dont you and your bf come over here and we can hang out watch movies and stuff

anyway we both felt like I should ask my sister who pretty much says NO to anything I ask her to do (I mean she still has not taken me out for my 40th birthday in October!!!)

And much to both our shock she said yes. I swear she must have been listening to our conversations cause she was laughing when I asked her.

So that has made a ton of work for me 2 people who are not so picky not a drama 4 people 2 of whom are picky re what they eat and stuff sigh another grocery order later

and lots of work still ahead and I am wondering how I got hoodwinked into this....

17. Jan 25, 2015 #9717

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

Surlysomething

In Remembrance In Remembrance

This sounds like a good option!

18. Feb 1, 2015 #9718

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I have a cold. It's annoying the hell out of me. If my nose isn't stopped up, it's running. Or, I'm sneezing. Thank you, Dear Husband for passing this along to me (sarcasm). And cold medicine knocks me on my butt. Nyquil knocks me out. Dayquil knocks me out. I hope I'm over this by Tuesday because I have plans.

19. Feb 1, 2015 #9719

Jack Secret

Jack Secret

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala

http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
    Maybe you should look at it like sedation detox for heroin addicts. Just keep drinking cold medicine and stay knocked out. Maybe when you come to you'll be all better. Either that or your liver will have ceased functioning. But really, sorry you're feeling bad :sad:

20. Feb 2, 2015 #9720

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

LOL! If I could, I probably would. Just wake me up when it's over please...