The One NON-DIMS RELATED Thing Annoying You Most Right Now Part Trois.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LeoGibson

Happy
Does that happen there often?
There's a reason why Houston's nickname is "The Bayou City".

Even though she's just outside of Houston as her avatar says, It still rings true. Intermittent flooding goes hand in hand with living in this area. Some areas of town get it worse than others, but some degree of flooding pretty much happens citywide.

Tracyarts

There's a reason why Houston's nickname is "The Bayou City".

Even though she's just outside of Houston as her avatar says, It still rings true. Intermittent flooding goes hand in hand with living in this area. Some areas of town get it worse than others, but some degree of flooding pretty much happens citywide.
I live down by the San Jacinto monument, so it's just flat land here. Nowhere for anything to run off except drainage pipes, ditches, and bayous.

I got to see an honest to goodness flash flood up close for the first time Friday night too. It barely qualified as one but it was still awe inspiring. It was around 9:30 so fully dark after the storm and I noticed the pavement ahead of us looked almost like it was shimmering from the car headlights. I looked off to the side of the road and the field on the other side of it was just a flat sheet of water rushing in our direction, as far as the eye could see in the dark. The shimmering I was seeing was the flash flood water sweeping across the ground. Amazing! Had it been more than an inch or two deep I'd have been terrified instead of awestruck. That was when I figured we weren't going to make it home any time soon because while the house itself is high enough to avoid flooding in storms like that, the intersection to turn into our neighborhood is low ground and there was no way we'd make it through.

GoodDaySir

sigh

When I moved into my new place a few months ago, I met one of my neighbors while I was walking my dog. He gave me his business card and said to call if I need "anything"... Im assuming he meant anything having to do with the construction business, since thats what his card was for. We bumped into each other last week and he mentioned a place where I should take my dog. I said thanks and was on my way. I told my friend/roommate/coworker and she went berserk, saying I shouldve ASKED HIM to show me where these trails are. We were away for work all weekend, so I texted him (he gave my his card! It had his number on it!). I kept it simple and polite- said who I was, reminded him of our chat, asked if he had anytime in the next week to go for a hike.

Look. He's really fucking hot. like SUPER HOT. Our household refers to him as Hot Neighbor. He's so fucking good looking. Hell yes, I want to know him.

He actually texted back, said it sounded great, he would love to show me around and to keep in touch. I texted him Monday, said I would be around all day Tuesday (hooray for surprise day off!) and most of my evenings were free this week.

He hasn't responded. Which didnt bother me. I think he works a lot and his truck was gone all day. *IM NOT A STALKER* I live at the end of a dead-end street. To go anywhere, I have to go past his house.

I did see him today though. As I was leaving my house, he was leaving his. I wanted to wave Hi, but it looked like he was on the phone, so I just drove past. I stopped at the gas station- so did he. He probably didn't see me (I was trying to hide. I don't know why. Im shy?) Then a little while later, I was pulling out of a parking space and he drove past me. I saw him coming, but again... too shy/nervous to say anything.

I just wis I wasn't so fucking stupid. I just want to hang out!

balletguy

Yahhh. One if those days. Nothing went right....shit at least there I beer...

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
UGH!!!!!!!!! Dealing with a Manager that thinks he is smarter than I am.
I have gone without a raise in 2 years now, so I asked for a flex work schedule so that I can have a day off during the week. So he knows that you can only start it on the 1st of the 16th of the month. I asked him last week Monday, he sent me the paper work for it yesterday. Then to be told you have to be back to 5 days in the office for the start of busy season in mid August. I can't start until July 1, and I have to be back mid august, why even bother doing the flex work schedule, it won't help any.

So now I have to go above his head and do what my original plan was. work 3 days in the office and 2 from home to even out the cost of living since I am no longer getting a raises. I try to be nice and he tries to fuck me over. Now I have to be a bitch.

UGH!!! It is a full time job aside from the one I have to continually and publicly show this manager that he is not smarter than me.

UGH!:mad::(:rolleyes:

Luv Gaining Ladies

Preparing for the Bar exam. I have to learn eleven subjects in a span of three months. And all I've gotten recently is one small area of one subject. Seriously, if I have to look at another fucking mortgage question, I'm going to rip the hair right out of my beard.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Preparing for the Bar exam. I have to learn eleven subjects in a span of three months. And all I've gotten recently is one small area of one subject. Seriously, if I have to look at another fucking mortgage question, I'm going to rip the hair right out of my beard.
It is hard. Just keep the end goal in mind. When you pass you can "officially" call yourself a lawyer.

Beta31

I think what annoys me most right now are the people who put the toilet paper roll on in the underfeed position. Really? That's just weird. Everyone knows it's supposed to go over.

Beta31

Good luck. I'm not sure what state you're studying for, but CA was a bitch. So glad that's behind me.

GoodDaySir

I think what annoys me most right now are the people who put the toilet paper roll on in the underfeed position. Really? That's just weird. Everyone knows it's supposed to go over.
Untrue. Less paper is pulled off when the roll is fed under, therefore less waste.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
When you have small kids in your home you will find that the paper is much easier to roll when it is place over. lol.. this may be the reason why some put the paper in the underfeed. But as some adults tend to over roll, as GoodDaySir pointed out, some place it in the underfeed to reduce the waste of paper. If it is harder to roll, less paper is consumed.

MattB

Epicurean
I don't need to see the album covers to enjoy the music, but why does iTunes keep deleting them?

This album has a great cover...why iTunes? WHY??

ODFFA

For absolute clarity, this is very much a non-Dims related thing....

...I'm so truly tired of people being either shallow, somewhat insincere or just completely unable to ever be serious. I don't mind discussing weight related topics, having the odd physical-appearance compliment fest or being ragged on quite a bit. But is that ALL I'm to expect nowadays? Has that become the full extent of our human interactions? Like, people are satisfied with this? :confused:

MattB

Epicurean
That awkward feeling of lamenting the end of summer while simultaneously getting excited for fall.

It all leads to winter. We are doomed again.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I agree with you on the first part. Thankfully I live in BC and the snowapocalypes' miss us.

That awkward feeling of lamenting the end of summer while simultaneously getting excited for fall.

It all leads to winter. We are doomed again.

Rojodi

Sinus infection that's causing me major ear and jaw pain, and not being able to see my doctor to at least Friday, due to the fact too many people have similar infections! :eek:

Latest posts

Group builder