The Outliers by Xyantha ~Gay, ~Explicit

Discussion in 'GLBTQ Archive' started by Xyantha Reborn, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Jan 5, 2015 #121

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Global Moderator

A gay BHM Western - a pretty unique twist on the genre! And very well written!

I found it really interesting to read an actual second completed story of yours Xyantha (I admittedly by-passed 'The Sky is the limit' since fantasy just isn't my genre; in 99% of all cases it mentally makes me zone out) after 'Negativity'. Even though it's basic plot and characters were more my cup of tea, I must say that it's ending was too rushed imo. Here with 'The Outliers' your story arch is much more convincing and offers a well-structured wrap up.

One indiscreet or impolite question though - if I may ask from writer to writer: So far under your previous pen names we've only had fragments of your stories here. Now there are 3 in a short period which are completed.

I know from own experience that it's easy to have a story idea and a basic plot line, but much more difficult for a host of reasons - not the least one being time as a recreational writer - to flesh out and complete a story.
    So what has recently been inspiring and motivating you?

2. Jan 5, 2015 #122

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Thank you!

To be honest; that exact thing! I found myself over the years starting with good ideas and materials, but unable to wrap it up sufficiently/find a good close, so the end never got written or wrapped up. I ended up rereading some of my own works and becoming dissatisfied with the fact that nothing ever got done. I used to write strictly for my own pleasure; when that ran dry i would putter out. As a reader i end up attaching myself to characters, and am always disappointed when a story isnt finished...yet i was guilty of that, over and over...

Part of my need to write is that for the past two years i was pushing really hard in my career/gained two major certifications in my field...and my creativity never got unleashed. I would work a ten hour day, study, train my dogs, kiss my hubby, and go unconcious...i think all that pressure built up to the point where i actually got the drive to finish something!! And i think my tolerance for "pain" is increasing, because i find the ending more painful to write than the beginning.

This one was fun to write, but also hard...my "research" involved sitting down with my male friends and gay friends and asking them what they did/what it felt like to get an erection. I learned a lot...guys are surprisingly open when you go right out and ask them!!! Their expressions were priceless!! I probably didn't do them justice, but it was fun nonetheless!!

3. Jan 5, 2015 #123

Anjula

Anjula

Anjula

miss wonderfulamazing

I just sekretly hope one day you will finish 10 to one and maybe the one with brothers and one of them fat and the other one turning to be an fa 😁 don't wanna spell the title wrong tho. But even if you don't it's nothing because everything you write is a pleasure. I wish my English was good enough to allow me to write something good, so I could pay you back just a bit. Maybe one day when I have enough time 😏

4. Jan 5, 2015 #124

lurksville

lurksville

lurksville

Thank you, Xyantha, for sharing this story with us. And thank you for seeing it through to the end in such a short period of time. I'm so grateful for your burst of writing inspiration!

Have you ever thought about publishing? You should make an ebook =D

5. Jan 6, 2015 #125

Anjula

Anjula

Anjula

miss wonderfulamazing

I just realized you've posted an ending! It was so sexy I had to split the reading in two parts to be able to proces that lol thank you, that was an amazing piece of work. You really should write an ebook, I would totally buy it! :D

6. Jan 7, 2015 #126

ALS

ALS

ALS

This story is so fucking hot! I very much enjoyed this tale!

7. Jan 7, 2015 #127

ALS

ALS

ALS

Also: are you planning to finish 'Authentic' or 'The Fattening?' All of your works are fantastic, though!

8. Jan 19, 2015 #128

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Sorry for the delay in responding, life got super busy! Indeed, I am planning to finish my other stories...I am pinging away at them slowly. Closing off my stories is my goal of 2015.

I'm so, so flattered re: ebook. That thought both terrifies and excites me. If I was ever brave enough to do that with an FA type story, I think I'd want to give the money to Dims...for all those years it has been here while I lurked, watched, and got a grip on what being an FFA meant!

9. Jan 19, 2015 #129

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Global Moderator

We strongly approve of this New Year's resolution! :D

10. Jan 22, 2015 #130

Sweetsally

Sweetsally

Sweetsally

The last few chapters were perfect (and super hot)! Thank you so much. =) I look forward to anything else you've got (and I'd love to see you wrap up your other stories, too)! You're awesome, Xyantha!

11. May 24, 2018 #131

dreamingalp

dreamingalp

dreamingalp

I took an embarrassingly long time to read all of this in one sitting. Well done!

Xyantha Reborn likes this.